WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Nome is where your heart is
ROH Pure Champion

INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to INDYjon22

The Losers
Release date: April 23, 2010
Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis: An explosive tale of double cross and revenge, "The Losers" centers upon the members of an elite U.S. Special Forces unit sent into the Bolivian jungle on a search and destroy mission. The team--Clay, Jensen, Roque, Pooch and Cougar --find themselves the target of a lethal betrayal instigated from inside by a powerful enemy known only as Max. Presumed dead, the group makes plans to even the score when they're joined by the mysterious Aisha, a beautiful operative with her own agenda. Working together, they must remain deep undercover while tracking the heavily-guarded Max, a ruthless man bent on embroiling the world in a new high-tech global war.
I am really excited for this movie. It just looks like a really good action, comedy and I love action comedies. The cast is pretty solid. Zoe Saldana is not only hot but a pretty decent actress. Idris Alba is another very good actor. Jeffery Dean Morgan reminds me of a not as good Robert Downey Jr., and Chris Evans is funny at the very least. The movie doesn't look original at all but then again what is original in Hollywood these days? Plain and simple this movie looks fun and that's what I want to see. It actually my most anticipated movie of the month of April so hopefully it lives up to the hype. Not to mention I am a sucker for the Eagles of Death Metal and any movie or trailer that uses them gets my attention immediately.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDYjon22 View Post
The Losers
Release date: April 23, 2010
Trailer

I am really excited for this movie. It just looks like a really good action, comedy and I love action comedies. The cast is pretty solid. Zoe Saldana is not only hot but a pretty decent actress. Idris Alba is another very good actor. Jeffery Dean Morgan reminds me of a not as good Robert Downey Jr., and Chris Evans is funny at the very least. The movie doesn't look original at all but then again what is original in Hollywood these days? Plain and simple this movie looks fun and that's what I want to see. It actually my most anticipated movie of the month of April so hopefully it lives up to the hype. Not to mention I am a sucker for the Eagles of Death Metal and any movie or trailer that uses them gets my attention immediately.
I'm also looking forward to The Losers. This looks like a fun movie filled with action, and comedy. Of course there have been tons of movies done like this before, but as you said, there really isn't anything original in Hollywood these days. I also think Saldana is a pretty decent actress, and she's been in some big blockbuster films over the years. From watching the trailer, this movie kind of reminds me of the first Smoking Aces film, and I liked that movie.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:29 PM
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

MacGruber

Release Date: May 21, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis:In the 10 years since his fiancée was killed, special op MacGruber (Will Forte) has dedicated his life to fighting crime with his bare hands. When he learns that his country needs him to find a nuclear warhead that's been stolen by his sworn enemy, Dieter von Cunth (Val Kilmer), MacGruber figures he's the only one tough enough for the job. Assembling an elite team of experts, Lt. Dixon Piper (Ryan Phillippe) and Vicki St. Elmo (Kristen Wiig), MacGruber will navigate an army of assassins to hunt down Cunth and bring him to justice.
I think this movie will either be some what decent or completely horrible. For some reason, I've never found this parody of MacGyver to be very funny on Saturday Night Live, and every time I look at this trailer, Will Forte just doesn't seem funny to me. I also don't know why Ryan Phillippe and Val Kilmer are in this. Both of them are very good actors, especially Val Kilmer. I'm sorry, but by looking at the trailer, Kilmer seems to be very awkward as the main villain here.

There's a slight chance I might watch this, but I'll wait and see how the overall reception of this film is, and for all you WWE fans, there will be a bunch of wrestlers who make cameos in this film.

Last edited by Mitch Henessey : 05-10-2010 at 05:31 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-25-2010, 09:06 PM
WWE Champion

Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time

Release Date: May 28, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis: The plot follows Dastan (played by Jake Gyllenhaal), a street urchin in the Persian Empire in the sixth century. After showing courage in the market place, he is adopted by the king as his heir, so the king's two sons will not fight over the throne. Later on, he teams up with Princess Tamina (played by Gemma Arterton) to stop a common enemy - the villainous nobleman Nizam (Ben Kingsley) and to take from him an ancient dagger known as "The Dagger of Time" (a valuable dagger which gives to its owner the ability to go back in time for short periods and change the past) and keep him from generating a sandstorm which could destroy the world.
This film is loosely based on the video game that was released back in 2003. The Sands Of Time has a solid cast. Molina, Gyllenhaal, and Kingsley are all fine actors, and they usually don't appear in shit movies. Although, I don't expect too much from this one. You'll see a lot of extravagant special effects, flashy fight scenes, and a simplistic story.

This seems like a fun movie to watch, and I'll probably check this one out. The Sands Of Time could challenge Shrek and Iron Man 2 for the top spots at the box office, because I'm sure a good amount of people will flock to see this one.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:29 PM
WWE Champion

Splice

Release Date: June 4, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis: Superstar genetic engineers Clive (Brody) and Elsa (Polley) achieve fame by successfully splicing together the DNA of different animals, to create incredible new hybrids. Now they want to use human DNA in a hybrid that could revolutionize science and medicine. But when the pharmaceutical company that funds their research forbids it, Clive and Elsa secretly conduct their own experiments in the pursuit of even greater scientific discovery. They secretly blend human DNA with their creations, ignoring their society's ethical and legal boundaries. The scientists name their creature "Dren", a creature that exhibits uncommon intelligence and an array of unexpected physical developments. And though, at first, Dren exceeds their wildest dreams, she begins to grow and learn at an accelerated rate—and threatens to become their worst nightmare. The two must come to terms with their decision as their creature quickly develops into a deadly, winged humanoid-chimera.
What the fuck is this supposed to be? Species 2010? Anyway, there's sure to be a lot of gore, and grisly kills in this film. Adrien Brody is a pretty good actor, and I remember Sarah Polley from Dawn Of The Dead(2003), and she did an okay job in that film. The story looks solid, but I don't expect much from this film. The whole ethics and morality story about using human DNA has been done before, and I'm wondering how this film will put a twist on it. Also, I wonder if this film will become popular. Maybe a series of sequels will be made to follow up this film?
Old 05-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Nome is where your heart is
ROH Pure Champion

INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to INDYjon22

Neither of the most recent films posted, Splice and Prince of Persia, really scream out to me in any way. I really have little interest in either and very low expectations. Prince of Persia could draw well because of its video game base and the fans that love it but I never played the game and honestly I am not a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal. It has potential but as of right now I just don't know how it will do. I don't know if I will see it but there is a slim chance that I will. In addition, Splice looks like a good film for the hardcore science fiction fans out there but I hardly believe that will be enough for it to reach number 1 in the box office or even crack the top 5. I could of course be wrong. I love Adrian Brody but I have a feeling this film will be a major flop when it is released because it is so oriented towards one kind of fan. Like I said, neither movie really screams out to me in an appealing manner but I will reserve judgment until I decide whether or not I will see them, maybe I will be surprised like I was with The Crazies and Kick-Ass.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:11 PM
WWE Champion

Killers

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis:While on vacation with her parents, Jennifer Kornfeldt, a beautiful young blonde, (Katherine Heigl) meets Spencer Aimes (Ashton Kutcher), a good looking single man. The two soon fall in love and continue their relationship back home, rushing into a quick marriage. Jen thinks she has found the perfect man and Spencer thinks he has found the perfect woman, but she doesn't know Spencer actually works for the CIA and often spends his days chasing and killing criminals. But, as is expected, their life is about to take a turn for worse when they discover one of their friends is actually contracted to kill the couple.
This movie looks terrible. I think Kutcher is a funny guy, but besides The Butterfly Effect, all of his other movies are either really bad or decent. Heigl looks like she's playing the up-tight, and sophisticated successful woman in this film AGAIN. Knocked Up is the only Heigl film I liked. All of her other movies are just not worth watching. Killers looks like a weird version of Mr. And Mrs. Smith(2005), expect Heigl and Kutcher aren't as big as Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:34 PM
WWE Champion

Get Him To The Greek

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis:Aldous Snow (Russell Brand) releases a song about problems in Africa called "African Child". The song and music video are seen as horrible and called "the worst thing to happen to Africa since apartheid". The single ruins Snow's career, and as a result he starts drinking and doing drugs excessively. His girlfriend Jackie Q (Rose Byrne), with whom he had a son named Naples, also leaves him, taking custody of Naples. Aaron Greenberg (Jonah Hill) is a driven, idealistic young college graduate who works as an intern at Capitol Records. He lives with his girlfriend, a doctor, but they do not get to see each other often due to their different sleep schedules. Capitol Records has lost a lot of money, so the executive of the branch Sergio (Sean Combs) asks for ideas. Greenberg proposes to have Snow play at the Greek Theater for the tenth anniversary of a performance. Sergio is impressed with the idea and charges Aaron with getting Aldous Snow to the theatre. Hilarity ensues as idealistic Aaron takes drug-addled Aldous from London to Los Angeles.
Get Him To The Greek looks like it might be a very funny movie. I like Jonah Hill, but for some reason I think Russell Brand is just creepy. He looks creepy, and his humor can be creepy sometimes. Diddy is perfect for the role he's playing, but from watching the trailer, it kind of looks like he's playing himself. This movie should be filled with dirty jokes, and there will be plenty of outrageous scenes. Greek looks like it could be a fun movie, and I'll probably go see this one.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:54 PM
WWE Champion

The A-Team

Release Date: June 11, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis:Like the original series, the story follows the adventures of four U.S. Army Special Forces soldiers-turned-mercenaries, three of whom were arrested for a crime they did not commit and are now branded war criminals. After managing to escape from military prison, the three join forces with Captain H.M. Murdock, their reconnaissance pilot, as soldiers of fortune
The A-Team looks like it could be a fun movie. This film has a pretty solid cast, and this movie is sure to have lots of thrilling action. The A-Team was a popular show, and it's legacy will always live on. The story seems to be something we've seen a thousand times before, but as long as the action and fight scenes are top quality, then The A-Team should be worth watching.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 PM
WWE Champion

Ondine

Release Date(s): June 4th or 11th, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis:The film tells the story of an Irish fisherman named Syracuse (Farrell) who discovers a woman named Ondine (Bachleda) in his fishing net whom he believes to be a selkie or mermaid. Different theories about her origins come about as she integrates herself into the community. Syracuse's partly-disabled daughter Annie, comes to believe that the woman is a magical creature, while Syracuse himself falls in love with her. However, like all fairy tales, enchantment and darkness go hand in hand.
Ondine looks like it could be a very interesting film. This is a fantasy/drama film. Ondine seems like it could be a real gem, but of course this movie will get lost in the shuffle with all of the big money blockbuster movies this summer. The story seems unique, and Colin Farrell has been in some good movies over the past couple of years. This film will most likely only be in limited release if it's out already, so everyone might not get a chance to see this one. But if I can find this film, then I'll be sure to check it out.

Last edited by Mitch Henessey : 06-09-2010 at 08:35 PM.
sendpm.gif