WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-10-2010, 11:16 PM
WWE European Champion

Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Summer 2010 Coming Attractions Thread (Read First Post Please!)

This is the thread to discuss new box office releases for the months of the summer of 2010. As I won't have separate threads for each film, I would like to kindly ask that you quote in each post you make: either quote the film synopses that I put up or the person to whom you are responding.

Only good posters seem to frequent this section of the forum, so, I'll save my spiel about spamming for another time.

This thread will be open for business in a bit!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:30 PM
WWE European Champion

Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Hot Tub Time Machine

Hot Tube Time Machine

Release Date: 26 March 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis (from themovieinsider.com): "Hot Tub Time Machine" follows a group of best friends who've become bored with their adult lives: Adam (John Cusack) has been dumped by his girlfriend; Lou (Rob Corddry) is a party guy who can't find the party; Nick's (Craig Robinson) wife controls his every move; and video game-obsessed Jacob (Clark Duke) won't leave his basement. After a crazy night of drinking in a ski resort hot tub, the men wake up, heads' pounding, in the year 1986. This is their chance to kick some past and change their futures one will find a new love life, one will learn to stand up for himself with the ladies, one will find his mojo, and one will make sure he still exists!
tdigle's Take: What a stupid fucking premise! But, hey, almost anything John Cusack touches is golden. Depending on what other people have to say about this one, I may or may not go see it in the theaters. Here's to hoping that Cusack can make this work, and that it doesn't turn out to be as shit as other films with equally contrived storylines (*COUGH* Blast From The Past *COUGH* Snakes on a Plane *COUGH*).
Old 03-10-2010, 11:43 PM
WWE European Champion

Default Kick-Ass

Kick-Ass

Release Date: 16 April 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis (from themovieinsider.com): "Kick-Ass" tells the story of average teenager Dave Lizewski (Aaron Johnson), a comic-book fanboy who decides to take his obsession as inspiration to become a real-life superhero. As any good superhero would, he chooses a new name -- Kick-Ass -- assembles a suit and mask to wear, and gets to work fighting crime. There’s only one problem standing in his way: Kick-Ass has absolutely no superpowers.

His life is forever changed as he inspires a subculture of copy cats, meets up with a pair of crazed vigilantes -- including an 11-year-old sword-wielding dynamo, Hit Girl (Chlo Grace Moretz) and her father, Big Daddy (Nicolas Cage) -- and forges a friendship with another fledgling superhero, Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse). But thanks to the scheming of a local mob boss Frank D’Amico (Mark Strong), that new alliance will be put to the test.
tdigle's Take: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, is this Mystery Men Part Deux or some shit? I was open to seeing this movie until McLovin' showed up. Is there some way we can speed up this dude's career path so he can get the fuck out of Hollywood and arrive early to the $10 Picture and Autograph booths he's destined for? Hopefully, Nicholas Cage can save this one, although, if Judd Apatow's producing it, then this film was fucked as soon as it got the green light.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:20 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samizdatdigle View Post
Kick-Ass

Release Date: 16 April 2010

Trailer

tdigle's Take: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, is this Mystery Men Part Deux or some shit? I was open to seeing this movie until McLovin' showed up. Is there some way we can speed up this dude's career path so he can get the fuck out of Hollywood and arrive early to the $10 Picture and Autograph booths he's destined for? Hopefully, Nicholas Cage can save this one, although, if Judd Apatow's producing it, then this film was fucked as soon as it got the green light.

Y'know. Upon first glance, I thought this may be slightly decent. Then I saw the extended uncut trailer. In case you all haven't, it highly emphasizes having the little girl being extremely vulgar over and over, saying things like "cunt" and telling someone "they have a signal for us they put in the sky...its in the shape of a giant cock"

Pretty much tells me all I need to know about this movie. Shit. What I like to call a "high spot" movie, overemphasizing cheap shit like having a vulgar little girl, and having zero in the way of subtelty, or anything remotely clever. Won't be seeing this, ever.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Hot Tube Time Machine

Trailer

tdigle's Take: What a stupid fucking premise! But, hey, almost anything John Cusack touches is golden. Depending on what other people have to say about this one, I may or may not go see it in the theaters. Here's to hoping that Cusack can make this work, and that it doesn't turn out to be as shit as other films with equally contrived storylines (*COUGH* Blast From The Past *COUGH* Snakes on a Plane *COUGH*).

I'm actually looking forward to The Hot Tub Time Machine. I don't expect a great story from this movie. This is just something to make you laugh, and there will probably be a lot of crude and vulgar humor/jokes in this movie, and John Cusack in almost in any movie(expcet for 2012) is pretty much always a good thing.

Kick-Ass looks like it could be something worth watching. I'm drawn to this movie because it looks like something different. McLovin' is still riding off of the fame he had in Superbad. Every movie he's been in ever since then has either been garbage or average at best. I'm also hoping Nicholas Cage will do a good job in this movie because he's been in some terrible movies over the past 4 or 5 years.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Nome is where your heart is
ROH Pure Champion

INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to INDYjon22

Quote:
Hot Tube Time Machine

Trailer

This movie could either me really funny in the stupid comedy kind of way much like Step Brothers and other movies like that or this movie could be utter garbage that is not funny at all like Miss March. I am hoping it is funny seeing as I have this strange urge to see it, probably because I find Craig Robinson hilarious. Then again Mr. Robinson can only do so much for a film and that honestly isn't that much to begin with.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Nome is where your heart is
ROH Pure Champion

INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to INDYjon22

Clash of the Titans

Release date: April 2, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis: In "Clash of the Titans," the ultimate struggle for power pits men against kings and kings against gods. But the war between the gods themselves could destroy the world. Born of a god but raised as a man, Perseus (Sam Worthington) is helpless to save his family from Hades (Ralph Fiennes), vengeful god of the underworld. With nothing left to lose, Perseus volunteers to lead a dangerous mission to defeat Hades before he can seize power from Zeus (Liam Neeson) and unleash hell on earth. Leading a daring band of warriors, Perseus sets off on a perilous journey deep into forbidden worlds. Battling unholy demons and fearsome beasts, he will only survive if he can accept his power as a god, defy his fate and create his own destiny.
First off, Tdigs, sorry if this bothers you that I added a movie in here but with this early blockbuster coming out this Friday I felt as though it needed to be added. Second, I am fucking excited for this movie. I tend to be very harsh on CGI driven films now a days but this one has me all giddy in my pants. Throw aside my man crush on Sam Worthington, but this movie looks like a terrific action movie. At the very least it should be fun seeing Perseus go ape shit on some mythological beasts. Not to mention I am a Greek fanboy.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:56 PM
WWE European Champion

Date Night

Release Date: 9 April 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis (from themovieinsider.com): Claire and Phil Foster (Tina Fey and Steve Carell) are a typical suburban couple whose lives including their weekly date nights of dinner and a movie have become routine. To reignite the marital spark, they visit a trendy Manhattan bistro where a case of mistaken identity turns their evening into the ultimate date night-gone-awry. But as Claire and Phil take their unexpected walk on the wild side, they begin to remember what made them so special together.
tdigle's Take: This movie looks fucking terrible. Who the fuck's supposed to go see this movie? Bored, middle-aged married couples who probably don't even know who the fuck Steve Carell and Tina Fey are? Or the young adults who watch The Office and 30 Rock but have no interest whatsoever in hearing their respective stars bitch about their mundane, middle-class existences? Also, Steve Carell and Tina Fey fighting off criminals? Give me a fucking break. Guys, please stick to making movies about sex and infertility.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:12 PM
WWE European Champion

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Release Date: 30 April 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis: If you need one, then you've been literally living under a rock for the past 25 or so years.
tdigle's Take: Well, the jury's still out on this one. From the looks of the trailer, this film's going to be a huge disappointment. I have commented time and time again that I thought it was a huge mistake picking a first-time director for this particular film, and I currently still stand by that sentiment. I will be interested to see one thing, though: whether this is an earnest horror film (a la the original and A Nightmare On Elm Street 2) or if it will be a mix of horror, comedy, and some very creative deaths (a la all The Nightmare On Elm Streets that followed part 2).
Old 04-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

I've been waiting for Clash Of The Titans for a while now. This should be a fun movie filled with tons action, and amazing visual effects. Epic battle scenes, The Kraken, and stunning visuals is what I'm going to see because other than that, I don't what else this film has to offer.

I'm on the fence about Date Night. I was leaning towards going to see this movie, but my hopes were kind of dashed when I found out this movie was rated PG-13. This movie will probably have a bunch of corny jokes, and stale humor that only teenagers will find funny. If this movie was rated R, then maybe it could have more freedom. I'll probably wait until this one comes out on DVD.

It's been a while since I've watched a Nightmare On Elm Street film, but I'm definitely going to see this movie. I'm always curious to see how classic horror franchise remakes such as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,Halloween, and Friday The 13th will turn out. I was kind of excited when I saw the first trailer because it didn't show that much, and I was curious. This second trailer shows a lot more, and I wasn't too excited. Still, I'll go see this movie because I'm anxious to see the 2010 version of Freddy.