WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > The All-Time Slammy Awards
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Best All-Time Couple
Randy Savage / Miss Elizabeth 22 66.67%
Shawn Michaels / Sensational Sherri 1 3.03%
Davey Boy Smith / Diana Hart 0 0%
Triple H / Stephanie McMahon 4 12.12%
Eddie Guerrero / Chyna 1 3.03%
Matt Hardy / Lita 2 6.06%
Golddust / Marlena 0 0%
Billy / Chuck 0 0%
Mark Henry / Mae Young 0 0%
Edge / Lita 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Old School
WWE Diva's Champion

agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via AIM to agentmichaelscarn

Im gonna go with Liz and Randy too. They were one of the first if not the first real couple in WWF, if they werent the first one they definitely were the ones that really got the ball rolling as far as couples are concerned. Their relationship was also the focal point of one of the biggest feuds of all time which was of course Hogan and Savage. She also played a huge part in the Savage Flair feud as well. Basically she was heavily involved in Savage's feuds for over half a decade. All you have to do is watch WM7 to see just how into their relationship everybody was, people were actually crying in the crowd when Liz came down to make the save on Savage and they got back together that night. Do you think people would ever get that into it for any other couple? I dont think so. I must say though I did mark out big time anytime I saw Billy and Chuck so it was hard not to vote for them. They were freakin hilarious.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-12-2008, 03:31 AM
Master of the Aussie kiss
WCW TV Champion

Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via MSN to Sparky

Yeah Only one answer here. HHH and Steph, cos you know with out that happening he wouldnt be a multiple time Champion.....Jokes.

Nah It would have to be Edge and Lita. With the real life emotional story going on behind the scenes, this would have to be the most realistic fued. with those you could tell it was real. She was never afraid to attack the guys to help him win the championship. and when they was both champions was fucking awesome.

Edge / Lita FTW.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Future Endeavored
Knockout Champion

OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...OIL scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'll give a mention to Chyna & Eddie here. Not that they should win, but they were unbelieveable. The chemistry between these two was amazing, and the work they did together really was very entertaining. From Chyna in Playboy and Eddie being jelous, to just about everything.. it was just amazing. It really brought out the best of Eddie, and a side of Chyna that probably wasn't seen before.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Damas y Caballeros...

The Big Gunnzbowski scored a win over Santino Marella...The Big Gunnzbowski scored a win over Santino Marella...The Big Gunnzbowski scored a win over Santino Marella...The Big Gunnzbowski scored a win over Santino Marella...The Big Gunnzbowski scored a win over Santino Marella...The Big Gunnzbowski scored a win over Santino Marella...The Big Gunnzbowski scored a win over Santino Marella...The Big Gunnzbowski scored a win over Santino Marella...The Big Gunnzbowski scored a win over Santino Marella...The Big Gunnzbowski scored a win over Santino Marella...The Big Gunnzbowski scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Yahoo to The Big Gunnzbowski

Gonna have to go with Edge and Lita. The minute you found out the reason their relationship came to be, you either loved them or hated them. No in between, no indecision. They were generating REAL heat... The kind you only see when Vickie Guerrero opens her face...And they LOVED it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cold Mighty NorCal View Post
Gunnz reminds me of Al Bundy a little...
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
They could have done it on Macho's rotting corpse and I'd still think she's hot.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

At this moment, Savage and Liz have twice as many votes as all of the rest of the couples combined. 22-11.

That surprises me.

I really feel many fans forget just how well Eddie and Chyna worked together. The chemistry was terrific. And it was another case of the synergy and charisma between the two being so strong that the fans partially mandated the face turn.

Edge and Lita was terrific, because Lita legitimized Edge's quest to become the #1 heel. Usually, the wrestler with the hot girl gets over because of the hot girl, and then the hot girl goes face because, well, she's hot. But Lita was already established and over, and when the real life scandal hit, she was nuclear, and Edge played off of her perfectly.

HHH and Stephanie have inexorably linked themselves with the late 90's and early 00's forever, and even beyond, since so many "smart" fans insist that Steph is the only reason for the success of one of the best pro wrestlers of the last 15 years. Regardless, HHH's dominance in 1999 - 2002, including his title retention at Wrestlemania 2000, worked so well with Stephanie at his side. THAT was heel heat, man. And he did this all while working against such legends as The Rock, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, and Steve Austin.

No votes for Golddust and Marlena? The couple that served to truly push the over-the-top Attitude Era Envelope? No respect...

Savage and Liz were legit, they were cute, they made sense, they were real life - but were they anything special in the storylines?

Damn right they were. Liz's involvement with Savage launched two of the greatest Wrestlemania Main Events of all time - Savage vs Hogan at WM5 and Savage vs Flair at WM8. She didn't HAVE to do much. Fans respected her, and her innocence and sanctity was enough to get her over.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-01-2009, 08:23 PM

Silence is looking to come up from OCW...Silence is looking to come up from OCW...Silence is looking to come up from OCW...

Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth paved the way for couples in wrestling, and really called for a lot of excellent storylines and matches. I enjoyed watching them, but for me, Miss Elizabeth isn't all too great. But they still get the win here.
sendpm.gif