WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-01-2017, 09:18 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

WrestleMania 32 was a weird one. It could have been amazing, and it some ways it was, but I also feel like they dropped the ball at times.

Best match on the show was the WWE Women's Championship match. I thought the three women did a fantastic job culminating a generation's worth of work through NXT and onto the main roster to really signal the beginning of a new era for women's wrestling. The match was really well worked for me. Even down to their entrances, all of the women were treated as superstars. Charlotte Flair winning worked for me too, but not the subsequent booking with Sasha. AJ Styles and Chris Jericho put on a close second for me.

Worst match? Does The Rock and Rowan count? I mean, c'mon, what the hell was the point? I would probably have to say Brock Lesnar and Dean Ambrose purely because this SHOULD have been amazing. They had been building Ambrose up so hard and it fell so flat. To me, this should have been his "Austin" like moment, where he beats Lesnar so hard with a plethora of chairs, trash cans, kendo sticks, etc. and ultimately Lesnar wins, but the point is that Ambrose took The Beast to the limit. It should have been 20 minutes of chaos and was the biggest waste of time ever.

There are some substantial changes I would make...

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Sami Zayn defeats Kevin Owens (c)
The ladder match was fun, but how did they miss this? The personal feud had already come and gone, so adding the Intercontinental Championship as a prize just makes so much sense. It gives Kevin Owens a second personal feud over the belt after Ambrose as well. Zayn wins because he has desperately needed some sort of monumental win in his career and this is the one. Owens losing to Zayn hurts him in no way and the feud goes on. I'd give this at least the 15 minutes it was given on the show, but I'd cut down the entire Rock saga and other matches later, so let it go 20. Let them have it.

Chris Jericho defeats AJ Styles
I change absolutely nothing here. Styles losing was fine because he becomes number 1 contender the next night. No problem with that. Brilliant match.

WWE Tag Team Championship
The New Day (c) defeats The League of Nations
3-on-4 handicap match for the belts. The League of Nations would have defended it using the Freebird rule anyway we presume, so why not throw them all in? A sold 10 minute match where New Day wins. They had to win here. The League got absolutely nothing from winning. New Day gets their WrestleMania moment that they deserve. And the aftermath doesn't happen either.

No Holds Barred Street Fight
Brock Lesnar defeats Dean Ambrose
As I said above, this needed to be a 20 minute battle. Ambrose comes down the aisle with a trolley cart of chairs, sticks, trash cans and other assortments and attempts to destroy Lesnar. Let him throw himself from the top of a ladder ala Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 22, only for Lesnar to roll out of the way, F5 him onto a pile of chairs, and have Lesnar pick up the win. Ambrose did NOT need to win. He just needed to look like a bad ass. No qualms if you let Ambrose win here though, if he takes it to the limit.

WWE Women's Championship
Charlotte Flair defeats Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks
Other than giving the women another couple of minutes in the ring, I would change absolutely nothing about this at all. I thought it was fantastic. Nothing changes.

André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
The Miz last eliminates Dolph Ziggler
The Miz and Ziggler are the last two here because I've taken them out of the Intercontinental Championship picture and the reality is that they both deserve something here. Baron Corbin doesn't debut here because it really did nothing for him. At least here The Miz gets some bragging rights. Maryse returns the next night with him but he doesn't win the Intercontinental Championship for another 2-3 months, and then he carries it until late 2016/early 2017.

The Wyatt Family
Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Braun Strowman come to the ring. They are a dominant force blah blah (I do like The Wyatts but you get the point). The Rock comes out to confront them. Followed by Austin. Followed by Cena. Three-on-three confrontation leads to an all out brawl. This way, we cut the 2-hour entrance by The Rock and get to the point. I think this is better for The Wyatts than complete embarrassment and a more badass moment to me.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Roman Reigns defeats Triple H (c)
Not much I would change here. Roman winning the title was probably the only realistic thing they could have done at the time, which is a shame but what can you do? As I've said elsewhere, I do like Roman, but I struggle because of the way WWE handles him. Roman still spears Stephanie McMahon too because that shit was funny. I'd have this match cut down by at least 5 minutes because it did go way too long for me. Too slow in places. You want a twist? Shawn Michaels comes out of nowhere and super-kicks Reigns, only to then super-kick Triple H.

Hell in a Cell; Shane McMahon gets Raw if he wins
The Undertaker defeats Shane McMahon
No real excuse for this NOT to go last. As others have pointed out, the logic of Shane winning (if he did) and Triple H subsequently defending the title is so dumb. Also, I think this could have been even more effective if The Streak was still in tact. Yeah, Shane gets Raw if you beat The Undertaker, which no one has ever done. Still, great feud and great match. Again, I'd try and cut it down by 5 minutes or so to avoid the 'dead space' that slowed the match down.

Last edited by The Perfect Max : 04-01-2017 at 09:21 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:15 AM

AJ1981 is looking to come up from OCW...AJ1981 is looking to come up from OCW...

If I was going to have rebooked WM32 plus I am going with the assumption that all wrestlers who were on the injured list were able to compete plus Sting didn't suffer the career ending injury at Night of Champions. In that case I would have gone with:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Roman Reigns vs. John Cena - Reigns wins the title at Survivor Series from Seth Rollins, retains in a rematch at TLC but Sheamus cashes in MITB with assistance from The Authority. Reigns regains the title at the Rumble. Rollins wins a Fatal 4 way to become number 1 contender for Fastlane but Authority are losing confidence in him and add Lesnar to make it a Triple Threat, Roman pins Rollins. Cena Wins the Rumble after returning from his TV show and wrestles Bray Wyatt at Fastlane. Passing of the guard match at WM and Reigns wins.

The Phenom vs. The Icon
The Undertaker vs. Sting - Sting returns at Fastlane and issues a challenge to The Undertaker as he feels it unfinished business in his career. Taker eventually accepts and The Undertaker wins

Non-Sanctioned Match
Seth Rollins vs. Triple H - Rollins and HHH's relationship sours after Rollins loses the title at Survior Series and The Authority tire of his inability to regain the championship, there would be a slow burn face turn for Rollins between Survivor Series and Fastlane before Rollins turning on The Authority. Rollins wins

Triple Threat Match For The WWE Women's Championship
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch - No change needed, stays as it happened

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton - Lesnar and Orton have a chance encounter backstage during Fastlane. Orton says he's sick of Lesnar swanning in a getting opportunties. Lesnar pretends to walk away but destroys Orton. At the end of the Triple Threat Match main event Orton runs in an attacks Lesnar RKO'ing him on an announce table costing him the WHC. Lesnar and Orton clash till WM. Brock wins.

Six Man Tag Team Match

The New Day vs. The Wyatt Family - Same storyline as was used for Battleground 2016, The Wyatts (Wyatt, Harper & Rowan with Strowman at ringside) win

Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles - No change needed

Ladder Match For The WWE Intercontinental Championship
Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. The Miz vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus vs. Cesaro - Pretty much same story as last year but Sami Zayn wins by pushing The Miz off the ladder having suplexed Owens onto the ladder. Zayn takes Ryder's place the next night on Raw with Maryse returning to distract the ref and Owens running in and hitting a pop up powerbomb allowing The Miz to win the IC title. Allows The Miz storyline to happen like last year and allows the Fatal 4 Way story with Miz/Owens/Zayn and Cesaro to build and happen as it did.

Kick Off Show Matches

Andre The Giant Battle Royal - Baron Corbin debuts and wins

WWE United States Championship

Kalisto vs. Rusev - In this build there is no League of Nations, Rusev wins the US title by submission

Tag Team Table Match
The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz - The Usos win

Last edited by AJ1981 : 04-02-2017 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1981 View Post
If I was going to have rebooked WM32 plus I am going with the assumption that all wrestlers who were on the injured list were able to compete plus Sting didn't suffer the career ending injury at Night of Champions. In that case I would have gone with:
No, that's not how this works. I literally said in the opening post you may only make changes that were realistically possible. You can re-book the card but all the injured guys are still injured.

I would have had Reigns face Taker while Trips faces Shane. Other than Shane's dive off the cell the Shane VS Taker match was going to be awful no matter what so Taker VS Reigns removes two of the worst matches. Jericho would have lost to Styles and they would be the World Heavyweight Championship match. Becky Lynch defeats Charlotte and Sasha. Rock and Rowan get an actual match instead of a segment. The New Day should have defeated The League Of Nations and the Tag Team Championship should have been on the line.

These are the types of changes that are possible. You have to take the actual roster into account. If you could have booked a better show than WWE did then use the same roster they had for the real show. That's part of the purpose of this thread.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It's funny how the women matches weren't even significant for Wrestlemania 30 & 31 but at 32, the women actually stole the show.

They had the match of the night and had everything right other than the lame Flair ending. Also, they were given a opportunity to outshine everyone and they did the best.

AJ and Paige could've had a good match as well but they were stuck in a lame tag match against Bellas.

Worst match? Multiple choices. Roman Reigns Vs. Triple H. Brock Lesnar Vs. Dean Ambrose. Funny how Dean Ambrose Vs. Triple H and Roman Reigns Vs. Brock Lesnar were good, but just interchanging the opponents, we got bad matches. Not to forget Shane Vs. Undertaker as well. So many choices for worst match. All three, I would say.

I would have had Shane Vs. Undertaker short. Same with Roman Reigns VS Triple H also with Roman being the aggressive one. Elongation of Dean Ambrose Vs. Brock Lesnar and also, more work by lazy Brock Lesnar. With so much hype, the match was just lackluster. Also, Styles should have won against Jericho. It was all over Sting again after just an year.

Edit- Also get rid of that dumb Wyatt segment with Rock.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:16 PM

DIReviews is looking to come up from OCW...

I actually thought Wrestlemania 32 was a decent, albeit long, show. I think it will age better as there was some terrific wrestling, but booking decisions let the fans down.

Last edited by DIReviews : 04-21-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:33 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

[quote=d_henderson1810;5673855]Wrestlemania 32 was one of the stupidest booked PPVs ever, let alone a Wrestlemania one.

After Raw and Smackdown two days later, 90% of what happened at Wrestlemania meant nothing.

Here are four examples:-

-Chris Jericho beats A.J. Styles at WM32. The next night, A.J. is installed as No. 1 Contender to the WWE Title. How did he earn that shot? He didn't beat anyone for it. They should have had A.J. win at 'Mania, and then making him No. 1 Contender would make more sense.

bahahahaha Styles actually won a multi man match on Raw to become the Number 1 contender the night after Wrestlemania...research please kids.