WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Nome is where your heart is
ROH Pure Champion

INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to INDYjon22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Henessey View Post
The Expendables

Release Date: August 13, 2010

You know what, 15 or 20 years ago, seeing Stallone, Willis, and Schwarzenegger in the same movie might have been exciting, but we're in the year 2010 now, and the glory days as far as action movies go are behind these men. The storyline for The Expendables seems to be very generic, and it's something we've seen over and over again. I don't expect too much form this one. We'll see a lot of shoot-outs, and explosions, and the twist here will probably be lame. The Expendables is banking on star power, and that might be enough to help this film draw some decent numbers at the box office.
I am actually pretty excited for this film. So many action stars in one film. It will be interesting to see if it turns out alright or if it is shit. That many stars trying to steal the limelight can do that for a film. However, I love Terry Crews and Randy Couture and cannot wait to see Arnold in a movie for the first time in years. For that reason alone I will be going to see this movie. Hopefully, the rest of the movie works out and is as fun as I think it could be.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

Scott Pilgrim VS The World

Release Date: August 13, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
In Toronto, 23-year-old Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera) is the bass guitarist for the band Sex Bob-omb and has just met the girl of his dreams, Ramona Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead). Scott learns that he must battle Ramona's seven evil exes, who are coming to kill him, to finally win Ramona's heart. As Scott gets closer to Ramona, his encounters include skateboarders, vegan rock stars, and identical twins. To stay with Ramona, Scott must vanquish all of the seven evil exes before they defeat him.
I don't think that this film will have any middle ground. I think this movie will either be terrible or something very fun to watch. Michael Cera has been able to make a name for himself by playing his usual up-tight/nerdy role, and nothing seems to be any different here. The story seems to be weird as weird can be, but if you're looking for something different, then this movie might be right up your alley.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:01 PM
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

Takers

Release Date: August 27, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
A group of professional bank robbers (Michael Ealy, Chris Brown, Hayden Christensen, Paul Walker, Idris Elba) who specialize in spectacular robberies, are pulled into one last job by a recently paroled cohort (T.I) only to be pitted against a hard-boiled detective (Matt Dillon) who interrupts their heist.
You can't really expect too much from a film like this. The story will most likely be bland, but maybe Idris Elba, Matt Dillon, and Zoe Saldana can at least add something to the acting in this film. By looking at the trailer, this film kind of reminds me of the Ocean's film series. The cast might be on the same level as far as star power goes, but then again, all-star casts are really what made the Ocean's films worth looking at, because I can't remember one film in the series that was very good. There's a chance Takers could be at least decent, but don't get your hopes up too high for this one.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:10 PM
WWE Champion

Devil

Release Date: September 17, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Set in an office building, five strangers become trapped in an elevator after a mysterious blackout knocks out the power in the entire building. After a series of inexplicable events occur, including the local fire department unable to open the elevator, they begin to suspect one of them is in fact the Devil. Frantic, the passengers turn against each other and panic as they try to escape the elevator in order to find a way out to safety.
When this trailer started in the theater, I became very curious about this film, and then I saw the name M. Night Shyamalan. My hopes were crushed. This movie looks like it could be awesome, but I just don't have any faith in Shyamalan. I constantly bash him on this forum, and I do it for a good reason. This man hasn't made a good movie since Signs, and that was over five years ago. His movies always look like they can be gold, but the big twist or surprise is usually a huge let down, and the premises for some his films over the years have just been so stupid. Unfortunately, this will be the first film in The Night Chronicles. The Night Chronicles is going to be a trilogy that will produce films that involve supernatural/horror storylines. Yeah, that should be great.

The good news is Shyamalan isn't directing this one, but the very bad news is he DID have something to do with the story. I would advise you to stay away from this one. Please don't be suckered into a Shyamalan trap. You will be disappointed.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:37 PM
WWE Champion

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Release Date: September 10, 2010

trailer

Quote:
Resident Evil: Afterlife picks up where the third film ended. Since the events of Resident Evil: Extinction, Alice has been roaming the world searching for any remaining survivors. Alice also comes face to face with her arch-nemesis, Albert Wesker, for the first time in the series. As she enters the ruined Los Angeles, she stumbles onto a base of Umbrella, surrounded by zombies. She then teams up with a group of survivors who had been hiding in Los Angeles since the T-virus outbreak, and helps them to free another group held-up in a prison, among them Claire's brother, Chris Redfield.
I can't wait for Resident Evil 4. I've been playing these games ever since I had my Nintendo 64, and I feel as if the Resident Evil films series is the best, when it comes to movies that are based on video games. I liked the first Resident Evil film, and I thought the third was pretty solid. I didn't care for the second one. It was just the weakest film of the series.

Afterlife should be loaded with non stop action, and this should look amazing in 3D. Maybe we'll finally see Alice topple the Umbrella cooperation? It could all come to an end here, but there have been whispers of another Resident Evil film after this one, so you never know what could happen.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:51 PM
WWE Champion

Machete

Release Date: September 3, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
The highly skilled Federale Machete is hired by some unsavory types to assassinate a senator. But just as he's about to take the shot, he notices someone aiming at him and realizes he's been set up. He barely survives the sniper's bullet, and is soon out for revenge on his former employers, with the reluctant assistance of his old friend Cheech Marin, who has become a priest and taken a vow of nonviolence. If you hire him to take out the bad guys, make sure the bad guys aren't you!
And to think I laughed at my friends when they said this should be made into a movie after we saw the trailer for this on the Planet Terror DVD.........

Well, this one sure does look bizarre, but this could be an entertaining action-exploitation film. The cast here seems to be pretty solid, but I'm not too happy about Lindsay Lohan or Don Johnson, and it's going to be kind of odd to see Danny Trejo and Steven Seagal as the main characters here. There's sure to be a lot of over the top action scenes here, and tons of blood and gore, but Machete could be something fun to watch. But I have to admit, Cheech Marin as a bad ass here looks hilarious.