WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-07-2011, 12:58 PM
WWE European Champion

Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...Cena's Little Helper is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Would You Have A Problem With Your Child Being Gay?

Sure, we've had plenty of threads here on WZ about homosexuality and LGBT rights, but, to the best of my knowledge, we've never addressed the following question: how would you react to having a homosexual child?

If I'm honest with myself, I could see this being a problem for me if I only had one son who was homosexual. Call it an outdated, paternalistic instinct if you want, but, if I only had one son, I'd want to know that he was going to carry on the family name and have children of his own that weren't adopted. Sure, there's always the possibility that, should he be gay, he'd be able to have a child via surrogacy, but that potentially brings in a number of complicating factors compared to making a baby the old-fashioned way (e.g., Will him and his partner fight over whose sperm will be used? Will they be able to afford the fertility treatments? etc.).

So, long story short, I'd have an issue with my only son being gay. If I had two sons, I wouldn't care if one of them was gay so long as the other was straight. If I had nothing but daughters, I'd honestly be ecstatic if they were all gay.

What are your thoughts on the matter? Do you agree of disagree with my sentiments? Also, as further food for thought, do you think that there's a stark contrast between the way men perceive this issue and the way women perceive it?
Old 08-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I do try to be open about all types of lifestyle choices, and have no major problem with gays. However it would be different if I was raising a son who made that decision. There's a difference between being tolerant and what you allow in your house. That lifestyle goes against my personal and religious beliefs. I would be very uncomfortable with it, especially given how my family is obsessed with gender roles and what's considered "manly". I would perceive it as me failing as both a father and a man if my son in this scenario ended up being gay. Granted once he is over 18 and has moved out on his own he can make any choice he wants, but as long as he would be under my roof I would not tolerate such a lifestyle in my house. Call me oldschool or any other term all you want, but this is what I believe and I do not compromise on my beliefs. It would be a much tougher issue for men to accept than women and there certainly is a difference in how they would deal with this scenario due to the intense pressure on men having to be "manly" whereas a mother is more likely to have an easier time loving everything about her child no matter what choices the child makes.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Whale in a Teardrop
ROH Pure Champion

The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Personally if I'd a son who was a homosexual it would kind of depend.

First of all; and I don't mean to categorize homosexuals, but if I'd a son who had all the traits of a full on homosexual I'd probably have a problem with it due to the simple fact it would kind of be embarrassing. When I say that, I mean, you know those homosexuals who are really out there? Describing it is quite difficult but think along the lines of Boy George, that dude from the band Dead or Alive and Mr. Slave from South Park.

Okay, a cartoon isn't the greatest example but I'm sure people know what I mean. I'd have an issue with that, as it would be so evident that I could see closet homophobes taking a large and direct stance against it.

If they were... Camp is I think they call it, I don't know. Lets say casual about it and didn't attempt to aggressively flaunt it, then I would have no real problem with that. I'm sure that any father with a gay son in the world must at some point imagine said son having a female partner, but if he was just casual about it and as if to say, you saw him walking down a street and couldn't instantly pin-point he was a homosexual, that I wouldn't have a problem with.

Weird perspective on it, possibly. But a perspective nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunKay C. Cobblepot View Post
Could Dragon Saga stop being so right all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlertainment, Inc. View Post
Dragon Saga is better than you.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
It would be a much tougher issue for men to accept than women....
Dagger, you feel that way because you're a man. I've seen lots of instances of this kind of "thing" occurring in families and, believe me, mothers have just as hard a time dealing with it as fathers when finding out their child is gay. They don't want it any more than fathers do, and whether they are more accepting or not depends on the personalities of the individuals involved, not their gender.

As I see it, your sons and daughters are what they are. As long as they're under your roof, you can control (to an extent) whether they "live" the lifestyle......but if they're gay, they're gay. Forcing them to hide it may make the parent feel better, but it not going to change the child's sexual orientation......and it may create resentments that will last a lifetime.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-07-2011, 05:32 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

I could not give less of a fuck, dunno why anyone else would. Dont be rolling all about in my house making racket, which would be the policy regardless of orientation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Perhaps, then, you really are an idiot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post
If there's one thing missing from Britain's annual Royal Rumble meet-ups, it's us chucking each other about in excitement.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Has a Dark Passenger on board...
Million Dollar Champion

Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...Deexter Jorgan scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Deexter Jorgan Send a message via Yahoo to Deexter Jorgan

as far as im concerned being gay is not a choice, if my son or daughter turns out gay than i will respect that and love them no matter what.

Im with Norcal on the racket though, don't be making a noise in my house no matter what!!! lol

sendpm.gif
Old 08-07-2011, 06:02 PM

Constipated Badger Bottom is looking to come up from OCW...Constipated Badger Bottom is looking to come up from OCW...Constipated Badger Bottom is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't plan to ever have kids but if by some accident I do have one or if there already is a little danny_boy/danny_girl wrecking havoc somewhere in the world and if they were to come out as gay or lesbian then it really wouldn't bother me

Quote:
I could see this being a problem for me if I only had one son who was homosexual. Call it an outdated, paternalistic instinct if you want, but, if I only had one son, I'd want to know that he was going to carry on the family name and have children of his own that weren't adopted.
So what if your child wasn't gay but one day said to you "I don't ever plan to ever have any kids" would you feel the same then?
sendpm.gif
Old 08-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion

#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
I could not give less of a fuck, dunno why anyone else would. Dont be rolling all about in my house making racket, which would be the policy regardless of orientation.
This is fucking hilarious.

I so agree with this. As long as my children are respectful of my wishes I wouldn't give two shits. I certainly wouldn't raise my son gay, but if he somehow turns out to be a homosexual I would have absolutely no problem with that. That may require some kind of sit down with my child and explain to him/her there's nothng wrong with being different. Other people/kids will probably hassle him and whatnot but I would have no problem if my child were a homsexual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Diva's Champion

FSWWE is looking to come up from OCW...FSWWE is looking to come up from OCW...FSWWE is looking to come up from OCW...FSWWE is looking to come up from OCW...FSWWE is looking to come up from OCW...FSWWE is looking to come up from OCW...FSWWE is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't have a problem with gays, as long as they are far from me, I'm okay with that.
If I had a son that turned out to be gay I will be honest with you guys, I would feel very bad and I would consider the fact of beating the gayish out of him, but the truth is that he would still be my son and part of my family and sooner or later I would accept it and even get in some fights with my buddies any time they call my son a faggot, but I would feel really like shit.

We have to teach our sons that women are disgusting until they are 7 years old (to not catch any girly thing) and after that we have to say every time we see a girl in the street "She is HOT, look at that ass" (for him to learn that hot women are the deal).

I think that being gay or not is the parents fault.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion

#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSWWE View Post
If I had a son that turned out to be gay I will be honest with you guys, I would feel very bad and I would consider the fact of beating the gayish out of him,
Holy fuck, please tell me you're joking about the beating part? Lol.
Quote:
but the truth is that he would still be my son and part of my family and sooner or later I would accept it and even get in some fights with my buddies any time they call my son a faggot,
An adult will likely be mature enough not to call your son that. Especially in today's society where homosexuality isn't necessarily looked down on.
Quote:
We have to teach our sons that women are disgusting until they are 7 years old (to not catch any girly thing) and after that we have to say every time we see a girl in the street "She is HOT, look at that ass" (for him to learn that hot women are the deal).
I'm not gay. Never has my dad told me how hot a girl is. Around my mother or not he wouldn't say such a thing, yet I'm not gay at all.
Quote:
I think that being gay or not is the parents fault.
I don't agree with this at all. There may be an effect from the parents but I don't think whether a person is homosexual or not fully relies on the parent. You are who you are. Whether you're a homosexual or not, you are attacted to whoever you're attracted to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.
sendpm.gif