WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-28-2016, 06:01 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Henessey View Post
You need a game changer, if you plan on throwing big money at someone and rolling out the red carpet, and Alberto Del Rio is not a game changer.
From what I've read Del Rio is actually a really good face of course WWE did turn Del Rio face once but WWE gave him the wrong character to work with (the Mexican immigrant angle lol). Maybe Del Rio could have a great resurgence in TNA if the work with Del Rio's strengths.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:42 AM

Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...

ADR isn't comparable to Rey Mysterio. Rey is arguably the greatest cruiserweight in history. Yes.. in HISTORY.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:08 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg4WWE View Post
ADR isn't comparable to Rey Mysterio. Rey is arguably the greatest cruiserweight in history. Yes.. in HISTORY.
And not a main event talent. Alberto Del Rio is a MAIN EVENT TALENT. It's Rey who isn't in his league, not the other way around.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:22 PM
Frontman of the WZ Band!!
ROH Pure Champion

Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via AIM to Papa Shango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman6686 View Post
And not a main event talent. Alberto Del Rio is a MAIN EVENT TALENT. It's Rey who isn't in his league, not the other way around.
That is absolutely laughable. Just because Rey is a cruiserweight and Del Rio isn't doesn't mean Del Rio is the better main event talent. By that logic, Del Rio is also in a league above Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, and Daniel Bryan.

Frankly, neither Rey OR Del Rio ever had a truly successful World Championship run. Transitional champions, the both of them. But Rey could actually draw. No matter where he wrestled on the card, Rey drew money. People barely cared about Del Rio, even if he was in a World title main event. Mysterio was regularly a highlight on any card he wrestled,in any angle, against anyone on the roster. The same cannot be said about Del Rio. In fact, I can only remember one program he ever worked outside the title picture in which audiences showed any investment.

That program was against Rey Mysterio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Via Armbar View Post
When you're uglier, fatter, smellier, less succesful and less talented than your brother, you should just give up. When all of those things are true and your brother is Jeff Hardy, kill yourself.
Credit for the sig goes to... can't remember his name. I think it was Scooter.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:02 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Shango View Post
That is absolutely laughable. Just because Rey is a cruiserweight and Del Rio isn't doesn't mean Del Rio is the better main event talent. By that logic, Del Rio is also in a league above Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, and Daniel Bryan.

Frankly, neither Rey OR Del Rio ever had a truly successful World Championship run. Transitional champions, the both of them. But Rey could actually draw. No matter where he wrestled on the card, Rey drew money. People barely cared about Del Rio, even if he was in a World title main event. Mysterio was regularly a highlight on any card he wrestled,in any angle, against anyone on the roster. The same cannot be said about Del Rio. In fact, I can only remember one program he ever worked outside the title picture in which audiences showed any investment.

That program was against Rey Mysterio.
1 - It has nothing to do with being a Cruiserweight. The fact that Rey Mysterio, a babyface challenger, was BOOED OUT OF THE RING for winning the title, while even Del Rio's mediocre face run had a much better reaction, is why ADR was a superior main event talent.

2 - That's an opinion, not a fact. For me, Del Rio was always a treat to watch. He's one of the most gifted wrestlers on the planet, and I'd take his worst match over Mysterio's best any day of the week. I can't remember one truly GREAT match Rey Mysterio ever had, but I can remember plenty for Del Rio.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:41 AM
ROH Pure Champion

Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The way I remember it, Rey didn't start getting boos until after he won and was then forced to job out to Kane, Mark Henry and The Great Khali.

And if you're going to claim that you've never seen a single great Rey Mysterio match, then I'm going to assume that either A) You've never even seen a wrestling match from before 2010. B) You're flat out lying in a weak attempt to reinforce your poorly argued opinion on this issue, or C) You've never seen ANY wrestling match because you are literally blind.

Never seen a truly great Rey Mysterio match, my ass. Hell, you're basically saying that ADR has never had a truly great match, seeing as most of the only truly great ADR matches nearly all involved Rey Mysterio.
Quote:
When you're uglier, fatter, smellier, less succesful and less talented than your brother, you should just give up. When all of those things are true and your brother is Jeff Hardy, kill yourself.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:49 PM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

TNA has recently signed Moose & Aaron Rex which adds depth to the single roster, would ADR provide value for money for TNA considering he would probably be asking to be the highest earner on the roster, I don't he would be worth it.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:58 AM
ROH Pure Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDFG View Post
TNA has recently signed Moose & Aaron Rex which adds depth to the single roster, would ADR provide value for money for TNA considering he would probably be asking to be the highest earner on the roster, I don't he would be worth it.
If Dixie was still in power, I would disagree with you. TNA under Dixie always seemed to think they needed whatever big name free agents were on the market, and would pay any price for them. But apparently the Smashing Pumpkin is calling the shots now, so I really don't know what to think. Corgan may want to simply be more pragmatic than Dixie simply to show the locker room and the fans that things are different now. Or he's just as bad as Dixie and will sign ADR AND Cody Rhodes for more money than anyone on the roster besides Lashley and the Hardys, and then job them out to those three.

All I know is that Impact continuously finds itself with more talent than it knows what to do with. But if they simply do right by guys like EC3, Galloway, Bennett and Sandow ( hate the name Aron Rex btw, makes me feel like a shitty tag run with Tyrus is inevitable, "Heh heh, Tyrus Rex, that's a clever team name everybody!"), then they won't need to spend money they don't have on ADR.
Quote:
Old 08-31-2016, 01:14 AM
WCW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Shango View Post
The way I remember it, Rey didn't start getting boos until after he won and was then forced to job out to Kane, Mark Henry and The Great Khali.

And if you're going to claim that you've never seen a single great Rey Mysterio match, then I'm going to assume that either A) You've never even seen a wrestling match from before 2010. B) You're flat out lying in a weak attempt to reinforce your poorly argued opinion on this issue, or C) You've never seen ANY wrestling match because you are literally blind.

Never seen a truly great Rey Mysterio match, my ass. Hell, you're basically saying that ADR has never had a truly great match, seeing as most of the only truly great ADR matches nearly all involved Rey Mysterio.
1 - Rey was booed out of the building at WrestleMania 22, to the point where they edited it out on the Network. On the DVD and when it aired live, Mysterio was showered with boos the entire match.

2 - No. Rey just isn't that good. The best match I ever saw out of him was against Kurt Angle at SummerSlam 2002, and Angle could get a great match out of Gorilla Monsoon's corpse.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:47 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Henessey View Post
You need a game changer, if you plan on throwing big money at someone and rolling out the red carpet, and Alberto Del Rio is not a game changer. Del Rio is reliable for solid matches, but his name value is middle-of-the-road at best, and if TNA wants to pay top dollar for Del Rio, fast-tracking Del Rio into big feuds and a possible world title is almost a guarantee. It's one thing if Del Rio's promo work and his matches warrant a big push, but if that's not the case, you're just forcing something that's not going to catch on. At best, I can see Del Rio working as a solid addition to the roster, but pushing him as a superstar? I just can't see it working out.
This.

If Del Rio was to go to TNA, if reports are true in regards to his frustrations with WWE, he'd expected to be put in the main event almost immediately and would demand a big paycheck for doing it. Del Rio's deal with WWE gave him a downside guarantee of about $1.7 million and he worked a reduced schedule, but he didn't get his main event push and that's ultimately why he's gone again. In any company he signed with, if Del Rio isn't in the main event then he's not going to be happy. Del Rio was a main eventer during his first run in WWE and not a whole helluva lot of people cared who weren't of Hispanic descent.

Inside the ring, I enjoy Del Rio very much but he's pretty limited when it comes to his promo skills. Basically, if you've heard one Del Rio promo, you've heard them all and he has to call his opponent a dog at least once every time he opens his mouth.

Is Del Rio worth the hefty salary that TNA would have to pay him? I doubt it because it's not as if Del Rio is going to be bringing in tons of viewers each week. Bringing in big names for lots of money who didn't help the audience grow is a big part of why TNA's gotten itself into the financial quagmire in the first place. TNA's usually drawing in the mid 300,000 in viewership and Del Rio won't add to that.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria