WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-26-2016, 03:06 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman6686 View Post
ADR is a much bigger star than Rey Mysterio ever was. He was terrible as a face, nobody is denying that, but he was a tremendous heel. And in the ring, Del Rio could wrestle circles around Mysterio any night of the week. Mysterio being pushed to the main event was a mistake and a failure. Del Rio was pushed to the main event too fast and that hurt him, but he definitely deserved to get there, unlike Mysterio.
Not in this or any other lifetime. Del Rio might be bigger in Mexico, but Mysterio brought in MONEY. How many ADR shirts do you think have been sold in his career? It was far less than the sales figures of Rey's masks, that I can tell you. I do agree that VKM dropped the ball big time on ADR. Problem was that he just never really clicked with the audience. Maybe if he came as El Hijo de Dos Caras, and wrestled in the Luchador style, he would have been as big as Mysterio. In the end, ADR should NEVER have left AAA and LU. He was doing fabulously in companies that celebrated the Lucha style. When he gets the last of his downside, he will fight off his Divorce war, and then go back to Mexico.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:09 AM

Phenomenal is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Del Rio is your typical mid-carder4life who WWE tried to push as their next big thing but failed just like Sheamus, Miz, Ziggler, Swagger and most of the current roster who mostly look like mid-carders or jobbers.

TNA is not in any need of him and he would be boring just like in WWE.

CrayzChris
Old 08-26-2016, 12:17 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
Uh, what? Alberto Del Rio was never near Rey Mysterio's level. Mysterio might have been badly booked for the latter half of his career, particularly his main event years, but prior to that he was a SmackDown staple for many years and a top 3 babyface on the brand.

Mysterio worked and feuded with names like Kurt Angle, Triple H, Chris Benoit, Edge, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, the Undertaker, CM Punk, John Cena, Batista, Randy Orton, Eddie Guerrero, Kane, the Big Show, and countless others for over a decade. He held tag titles with multiple hall of famers, held the World title multiple times, won a championship match at a Wrestlemania, won and had one of the most impressive Royal Rumble performances in history of the event and that's just his WWE career.

Alberto Del Rio was hot shotted to the top in Mysterio's declining years because they needed a Hispanic star. He beat John Cena for the title for a forgetable, meaningless and transitional title reign and spent years in programs with guys like Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Big Show, and lost to Edge at Wrestlemania, and then Christian. He floated for years, transitioning between heel and face because excelled at neither, and never moved merchandise either way like Guerrero or Mysterio, two hispanic superstars before him.

In the grand scheme of things, Del Rio had a decent career, but a Mysterio-like career he did not.
Mysterio had a career where he was pushed to the top against fans' wishes as a replacement for the infinitely more talented Eddie Guerrero, to the point where he was booed out of the building at WrestleMania 22, and subsequently received huge boos in every non-Hispanic market throughout his title run. His second World Heavyweight Championship win got a lukewarm reaction, as did his WWE Championship win. Mysterio was NEVER over at a main event level. He was only over with little kids. Mysterio also couldn't work for a few months at a time without getting hurt. He was sloppy and extremely injury-prone.

Alberto Del Rio is a superior wrestler, superior talker, and a superior performer in every possible way. His only real weakness is that he was terrible at playing a babyface character, so he'd never be a major merchandise mover or be over with little kids.

Years from now, Mysterio will be remembered as a midcard guy that was experimented with as a main eventer, and the experiment failed. Alberto Del Rio will be remembered as a fantastic main event heel that WWE sabotaged.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:58 PM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman6686 View Post
Mysterio had a career where he was pushed to the top against fans' wishes as a replacement for the infinitely more talented Eddie Guerrero, to the point where he was booed out of the building at WrestleMania 22, and subsequently received huge boos in every non-Hispanic market throughout his title run. His second World Heavyweight Championship win got a lukewarm reaction, as did his WWE Championship win. Mysterio was NEVER over at a main event level. He was only over with little kids. Mysterio also couldn't work for a few months at a time without getting hurt. He was sloppy and extremely injury-prone.

Alberto Del Rio is a superior wrestler, superior talker, and a superior performer in every possible way. His only real weakness is that he was terrible at playing a babyface character, so he'd never be a major merchandise mover or be over with little kids.

Years from now, Mysterio will be remembered as a midcard guy that was experimented with as a main eventer, and the experiment failed. Alberto Del Rio will be remembered as a fantastic main event heel that WWE sabotaged.
Mysterio World title run failed because right after winning the title he kept jobbing to everyone in the roster.

Based on actual metrics such as merchandise sales and ratings Mysterio should have been in the main event level. There was a point he was #2 on merchandise behind only to Cena.

So going back to your statement Mysterio is the one whose main event run was sabotaged while Del Rio was put in a unfortunate series of circumstances that killed the heat he had during late 2010 and early 2011.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:05 PM
Knockout Champion

MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm actually really enjoying TNA at the moment and I think ADR joining the roster would quickly turn me off the product again. The roster is currently full of great Tallent that I enjoy like, EC3, Drew Galloway, Mike Bennett, Eddie Edwards, Moose Etc, and I'm afraid that if Del Rio was to join he would end up taking one of there places and that should in no way happen. Plus TNA also just signed Aaron rex(Damien Sandow) who is hands down a far better acquisition.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:12 PM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

WorstWrestlingExcrement sold out

I don't think that is a great move for TNA by signing ADR unless ADR brings in his friend Rey Mysterio Jr and his manager Jose Rodriguez as a package deal similar to when Hogan bought Ric Flair into TNA back 5 years ago that can help and only if that happens other than ADR is boring to watch and he should not have went to wwe in the first place since they screwed him over not once but twice. He needs to further improve his in ring technical skills
Old 08-26-2016, 07:55 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'd like to see ADR in TNA because they'll take some risks with his character, something WWE was never willing to do.

He got insanely over in the indies as El Patron, and then basically went back to the Mexican aristocrat thing that no one ever cared about, just without the cars.

ADR can wrestle. He's very talented, but he hasn't found a character to connect with fans. TNA has been doing interesting and offbeat stuff with the Hardys. Lashley has been a great character as of late, and he was pretty boring in WWE.

I'm sold, but only if they take some risks and try a more interesting character. If he comes in as his WWE character, why bother? He's not going to be a draw by name only. They should embrace his MMA backgorund and work on giving his character some more edge.

Bringing in Ricardo Rodriguez would be fun. Maybe they could go after the tag titles with Ricardo as El Local? ADR and El Local vs Hardys? Could be good.

Last edited by Vanilla Midget : 08-26-2016 at 07:55 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-27-2016, 12:07 AM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

You need a game changer, if you plan on throwing big money at someone and rolling out the red carpet, and Alberto Del Rio is not a game changer. Del Rio is reliable for solid matches, but his name value is middle-of-the-road at best, and if TNA wants to pay top dollar for Del Rio, fast-tracking Del Rio into big feuds and a possible world title is almost a guarantee. It's one thing if Del Rio's promo work and his matches warrant a big push, but if that's not the case, you're just forcing something that's not going to catch on. At best, I can see Del Rio working as a solid addition to the roster, but pushing him as a superstar? I just can't see it working out.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:32 AM
Frontman of the WZ Band!!
ROH Pure Champion

Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...Papa Shango is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via AIM to Papa Shango

ADR in TNA would make about the same impact as Booker T. Except Booker T was able to keep his name recognition. You'd be surprised how easily some people can get confused by a name change.

ADR would do much better going back to LU. It just makes the most sense. Large Hispanic demo, smaller pond, and it's reputation hasn't been completely devalued like TNA's.

I would however love to see ADR in TNA if he got in the ring and "took liberties" with Matt Hardy. First time I'd ever pay money to watch TNA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Via Armbar View Post
When you're uglier, fatter, smellier, less succesful and less talented than your brother, you should just give up. When all of those things are true and your brother is Jeff Hardy, kill yourself.
Credit for the sig goes to... can't remember his name. I think it was Scooter.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:09 PM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

In a fantasy world of mine, Alberto El Patrón would debut in TNA in a match against James Storm at Bound For Glory. Probably less than a week after leaving WWE. That would make an Impact, and it could fuel this whole Storm/Corgan rivalry I guess. I don't know why but I feel like those two would click in the ring. It's probably the match I would be most intrigued to see regarding Alberto.

But it's not happening. I could easily see him signing with ROH or AAA or CMLL before coming to TNA. I don't know but the company needs to show the industry that they are in a healthy state, and with the changes in leadership and what not, it's just not happening. Maybe in a year.

It's Damn Real