WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-14-2016, 09:42 PM
Believes in The Shield!
WWE European Champion

Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Trill Co$by Send a message via Skype™ to Trill Co$by

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocongo View Post
I don't follow TNA very closely anymore so some of the more hardcore fans may be able to shed more light on it, but off the top of my head... she has mismanaged the company to the point that they couldn't pay and therefore lost Roode and Young. The fact they are on Pop tv, formerly known as the TV Guide channel should be an immediate red flag.
"As of February 2015, Pop is available to approximately 75,255,000 pay television households (64.7% of households with at least one television set) in the United States."

That's never a red flag when your product can reach literally over half of the US population. That's not exactly SpikeTV exposure, but it's definitely a lot better than Destination America. So really the move was a good move as far as opening for more exposure goes. And if PopTV invested the same way SpikeTV did, then TNA would be better off.

Dixie's problems isn't in the networking department. She's really good at going out there and securing TNA's livelihood on television. She did it when they got on FOXSports, SpikeTV, Destination America, and PopTV. That's one of her extremely valued assets.

Her problems come with handling talent and booking. She's rating hungry and therefore cashes in big time potential attention grabbing storylines for the shock value of gaining ratings. It also doesn't help that she's still using a 1970s taping format in the year 2016. I realize that the taping schedule isn't her fault considering they're just following their contract with Universal Studios, but they can do a lot better. Maybe tape once a month, similar to NXT.

And they also need to get back in the PPV market. WWE is cashing out and heading to the Network, so companies have to be offering huge payouts to places like UFC, TNA, ROH, etc. In fact, by them not doing PPVs, they've closed out another source of revenue in DVD sales. By having more PPVs, you can record those to DVD, send them out, and make a lot more money.

Another problem she has is letting her talent get too big and then not be able to sign them to better contracts. How you manage to lose guys like Eric Young, AJ Styles, and Bobby Roode is beyond me... but they managed to do so, and now she could be paying the price for it.

And her final problem is venue hosting. TNA's television tapings draw roughly what 8,000-10,000 people? Well that should tell her that when she goes on tour (which they need to do again) that she needs to find venues that can hold 500-2,000. That way you can make money off the venues.
Proud #BellaArmy Member
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:51 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Weems2k is looking to come up from OCW...Weems2k is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Can't list everything that she's done since 2010 but I can list some of the biggest boneheaded things that I remember

1. Hiring hogan and bischoff.
2. Hiring legends like ric flair, mick foley and sting and not using them to make the youngers wrestlers look like main event stars.
3.immortals, ace of eights and all the other invasion faction storylie they did over tje ueas.

4. Going head to head and live with wwe raw.
5. Lying to spike tv executive about them hiring vince russo.
6. thinking that hiring wwe stars and giving them main event slot over tna homegrown talent would attract fans
7.copying everything wwe did.
8. Not focusing on what brought them to the dance (x-division, tag team division, knockout division)

And that's just the stuff that I remember and I'm sure their are way more bonehead stuff he did over the years.
I'll only agree with #5, and to an extent #6.

1. As bad as those 2 turned out to be, I'll still agree with that move. Impact's highest ratings were when they were there, and they brought a huge name recognition with them. Unfortunately, when the Nasty Boys, Val Venus, and Bubba the fat sponge showed up, everyone got that uh oh feeling.

2. Not sure what you were watching, but Sting was one of the main reasons guys like Styles, and Joe became huge main events. Foley, and Flair were there for maybe a year, and they didn't really do too much.

3. These storylines were quite good at first, but unfortunately either from backstage politics, or running too long left a bad taste in peoples mouth. I still think the heel Jeff Hardy had huge potential, minus the drugs.

4. A chance worth taking. Just like with any business, you have to take chances to expand, but they don't always pan out. I was never expecting a rebirth of the Monday Night Wars, but if Impact's ratings got a boost just enough to push the creative teams, why not. All the wrestling fans will benefit.

7. Everything is copied, and recycled these days. There's really nothing original left to do in pro wresting today.

8. While TNA did have some of the best X Division, and Tag Team matches for awhile, you still need the traditional heavyweights to get that more mainstream type crowd.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:49 AM

nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill Co$by View Post
"As of February 2015, Pop is available to approximately 75,255,000 pay television households (64.7% of households with at least one television set) in the United States."

That's never a red flag when your product can reach literally over half of the US population. That's not exactly SpikeTV exposure, but it's definitely a lot better than Destination America. So really the move was a good move as far as opening for more exposure goes. And if PopTV invested the same way SpikeTV did, then TNA would be better off.

Dixie's problems isn't in the networking department. She's really good at going out there and securing TNA's livelihood on television. She did it when they got on FOXSports, SpikeTV, Destination America, and PopTV. That's one of her extremely valued assets.
Good point about her networking abilities, however not being able to stay on one network seems to be a problem. How much of the blame she gets for this could be up for debate but as the president of the company it was ultimately her responsibility to take whatever steps necessary to produce a quality program.

Having her business connections and tons of her parents money to burn through makes it even more puzzling/problematic that they can't remain in good enough standing with any of these networks to remain in the same place.

Last edited by nwocongo : 08-15-2016 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:03 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weems2k View Post
I'll only agree with #5, and to an extent #6.

1. As bad as those 2 turned out to be, I'll still agree with that move. Impact's highest ratings were when they were there, and they brought a huge name recognition with them. Unfortunately, when the Nasty Boys, Val Venus, and Bubba the fat sponge showed up, everyone got that uh oh feeling.

2. Not sure what you were watching, but Sting was one of the main reasons guys like Styles, and Joe became huge main events. Foley, and Flair were there for maybe a year, and they didn't really do too much.

3. These storylines were quite good at first, but unfortunately either from backstage politics, or running too long left a bad taste in peoples mouth. I still think the heel Jeff Hardy had huge potential, minus the drugs.

4. A chance worth taking. Just like with any business, you have to take chances to expand, but they don't always pan out. I was never expecting a rebirth of the Monday Night Wars, but if Impact's ratings got a boost just enough to push the creative teams, why not. All the wrestling fans will benefit.

7. Everything is copied, and recycled these days. There's really nothing original left to do in pro wresting today.

8. While TNA did have some of the best X Division, and Tag Team matches for awhile, you still need the traditional heavyweights to get that more mainstream type crowd.
Not to disrespect your opinion but outside of lying to spike tv about the russo hiring, the hogan/bischoff hiring was the worst thing that happenned for tna, they had one week with high ratings because of them and then the ratings went down so much that they almost kill the company because of all the dumb idea they had and bringing all of hogan friends and not focusing on young talents. The fact that bischoff is suing them for something isn't helping them either and we can't forget that during the whole time hogan was with tna, he never did any promotion for tna because he didn't want to waste a tv apparence on promoting tna and sign a videogames deal with thq to appear in wwe videogames during the time he was with tna. Signing hogan was the dumbest thing dixie ever did since it didn't bring any new viewers and almost killed the company.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:16 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

something that kinda bothered me by watching last night episode of impact and it was the way he played is character especially during the lashley segment and the backstage segment afterward. It's his promo about the titles made it fell like both the x-division title and the worthless king of the mountain title meant nothing, he monotone delivery make him a even worst on screen character then dixie was. I hope he won'T be on tv every week because i'm going to be missing dixie being on tv after a month of corgan.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:18 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

According to Dave Meltzer on the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, current Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer and former TNA President Dixie Carter may be on her way out of the company.

Towards the end of the show, the subject is brought up after a question is posed about new President Billy Corgan’s entertainment industry connections helping TNA possibly find a new television deal. In regards to Carter, Meltzer says despite what is said publicly, Carter is completely out of power, then says she is ‘pretty much on her way out’. Carter’s lack of presence at the last two sets of TNA TV tapings in Orlando and reported comments made about her are referenced, and says he was also told by someone else that Corgan’s recent appearance on Vince Russo’s podcast raises a few ‘red flags’ as far as her status.

I am going to assume that this is true.

So if my assumption is right, this could go damn well considering the influx of talents TNA had lately. There's been major criticism regarding Dixie being on TV most of the time which would be shut once this really happens.

TNA has talent now which is enough to rejuvenate it's credibility and all it needs is good and logical booking. I hope that improvement be it gradual or fast takes place in TNA regarding booking.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:11 AM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

Dixie Carter's departure will be a breath of fresh air for TNA. It certainly will mean a new vision for the company and Billy Corgan seems like the man to take it forward. He's the founder of Resistance Pro Wrestling, an indy promotion that out of the blue actually got famous after reports of a possible TV Series for AMC's Channel.

What does that mean, you ask? Well, it means Billy Corgan has experience working the business. It means he has good connections in the entertainment industry to help the brand overall. He doesn't seem afraid to take risks and he puts his brand out there and that's usually a good thing as far as wrestling goes.

Working an indy promotion actually brings him closer to the wrestling fans of the new era. More wrestling, more diversity, more core focus on characters. He isn't going to run WWE. Not even close. He's going to run a semi-national promotion who doesn't tour and has lost a lot of their sources of revenue.

The only problem here is "money". Without money TNA can't do anything to grow, they can't really invest on better wrestlers. Billy Corgan has some but I don't know if it's enough. In a years time, I hope we are still here talking about how awesome TNA has become.

It's Damn Real
Old 09-02-2016, 02:38 AM
Doubt it, bud.

smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...

To offer a bit of a different perspective, I haven't watched TNA in nearly four years and flipped over for a little bit tonight (mainly cause I was wondering a) what channel is this and how long has directv even offered this to me and b) how long has TNA been on this channel) (I don't even remember the name of the channel). Also, I've been a Smashing Pumpkins fan for a very long, therefore, had a hard time associating Billy with anything other than music and Courtney Love. Anyhow - when Corgan came out tonight to address McIntyre, it was a little strange but overall, I thought it was awesome. Billy seemed comfortable on the mic, and I'll echo what IDR said, was a little awkward in a way that oddly works. Billy fits..I don't know exactly what it is that seemed so compelling about the situation, but it was a pretty cool site to see. Billy appears to give off the right vibe for Impact; though my ability to speak on and judge Impact is based off of five minutes.

With that said, I may start recording Impact and skimming through it to see if it's something I want to get into again. Not just for Corgan, but what I've read about the Hardy's recent work and some of the others names on the roster, it's sounding intriguing.