WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > "Best Two Series"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post
GAB v Bobby Lashley- This match was great, leading up to it i was thinking there is no way in hell that Lashley would win. But i thought wrong, this match kept me on the edge of my seat. This match had some great reversals and some near falls. Those are rarities today in the WWE. And to be fair, I marked out for the FU off the ropes.
I agree. Great match, that probably got me thinking that Cena was ok more than a very good TLC match with Edge ever did. While I expected him & Edge to have a quality match I was expecting this to be a pile of shit. Mostly because I have no confidence in Cena to have good matches with poor or average opponents, and because Lashley had potential and nothing more.

The second would be the JBL I Quit match, again because it defied my expectations.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

I refuse to only post two. Being the senior resident Cena defender, I maintain I have that right.

In order of occurrence:

Cena vs. RVD
Cena vs. Umaga
Cena vs. Lashley at GAB

All three of these were incredible matches in which Cena worked with incredibly different opponents. With RVD, you had a terrible botchy worker than was revered by the fans at the show, so Cena had to work to keep him looking good, get heel heat without being heel, and still put on a good match. With Umaga, you had a very good stiff worker, but with a character that doesn't sell well. And with Lashley, you had a still green power worker who he had to make look good, while keeping Cena's own heat strong.

Tehy show incredible versatility, not just in working but also in storytelling, and these three matches are simply amazing.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Resident Hip Hop Junkie
Knockout Champion

Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...Pimpin scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to Pimpin Send a message via MSN to Pimpin Send a message via Yahoo to Pimpin

vs HBK on RAW This was the best match out of the ones they had against eachoter. They went an hour & it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. the match had great counters, a nice finish & both competitors were on top of their game.

RVD vs Cena This matchwas amazing from the ECW faithful & their chants at Cena, the refs, RVD's role in this match, Joey Styles & Tazz, Edge spearing Cena & the crowd thanking him & most of all Cena. His response to the entire arena booing his ass was the best way to respond. Really it's a shame that Cena doesn't mix it up often like he mixed it up in this match cause his matches would be alot better if he just mixed it up a bit more.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Future Endeavored

eXtremely-Priceless2K9 is looking to come up from OCW...

The WM23 rematch vs HBK
this match had me racking my brains trying to find out who would win twas one of his best matches but I missed most of it so I never Knew who won but the match seemed excellent and won match of the year... I was GUTTED! can someone reply on who won???
vs. Edge Unforgiven 2006 TLC
This had me on the EDGE of my seat (hehehe i made a funny)
it was amazing i didnt expect Cena to win.
(in fact I WANTED edge to win)
Old 03-07-2009, 11:49 PM
WWE Women's Champion

The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...

Well, the TLC at Unforgiven 2006 was a classic. It really was. This was before both men's prime as well. If these two had another singles programme I would love it, and I was hoping for it at WrestleMania. But this match was full of drama, and the crowd played into it perfectly, cheering the hometown heel over the controversial babyface. And the FU through stacked tables off the ladder was brilliant, and the remorse shown by Cena for doing it played to his character perfectly.

Second is hard to choose. Why? Because John Cena is the best in the business and has classic matches left, right and centre. Amateur wrestling skills don't make a good match, storytelling and in-ring psychology do, and Cena does this better than most. For the second I believe I will go with his hour long match with HBK in England on Raw after WrestleMania 23. People say HBK carried Cena in this match. Did he? I don't think so. They both put in a hell of a show, and Cena showed he can put people over when he needs to. His selling in the match was superb. However, I believe by this time next year, there will be a classic involving him that all wrestling fans will love (except those Cena bashers who are still living in 2007)
sendpm.gif