WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > The All-Time Slammy Awards
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Holy Shit Moment of All Time
Taker throws Foley off of the HIAC Cage 36 65.45%
The Montreal Screwjob 8 14.55%
Big Show and Lesnar collapse the ring 1 1.82%
The Kat goes skinny dipping 0 0%
Michaels tosses Jannetty through window 1 1.82%
Lashley breaks cage onto Umaga 2 3.64%
Hogan slams Andre 3 5.45%
TLC mid-air spear 3 5.45%
HHH and Foley atop the HIAC Cage 0 0%
1-2-3 Kid pins Razor on RAW 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

There are only really two. Foley falling of the cell, and the Montreal Screwjob™. You might argue Hogan slamming Andre, but most of us grew up with that already being part of wrestling lore. Anybody here remember watching it as it happened? Only a few I bet. You can look back at say ''Holy shit'', but maybe it's WWE just doing a good job of bigging up the moment. They do it well, I almost thought Ric Flair was worth something. Not to take way from it, but I'd vote for something I saw unfold.

Montreal is better from a forum perspective. People can talk about it forever. But Foley falling off ther cell is something visual that'll be around for decades to come.

Although my favorite is either the Rockers break-up, or Savage getting bitten by Jake's snake.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...KillBill worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Of the ones chosen, I agree, it comes down to 2 events, HIAC and Hogan Andre. The problem is that they are so diffrent. They are years apart, and most people saw Hell In A Cell as it happened, which is a big difference. When I saw it happen live I was amazed. Definately holy shit. The Hogan Andre is not a holy shit moment as much as it is a moment that trancends time, where time stays still. HIAC is a Holy shit winner, Hogan Andre is the all time moment winner!

Honorable mention:
-Mcmahon buying WCW. When that Nito came on, and Vince was there, yeah.
-What about Shawn Micheals in ring collapse against Owen Hart?
-Austins heel turn at Wrestlemania 17 against the Rock?
-Ansd lasty, one that traumatized the hell out of me when I was like 10, Earthquake tying Jake "The Snake" Roberts in the ropes, the doing the earthquake splash repeatedly on "damian" in the bag. Its wasnt really Damian, but back then, things were diffrent, wrestling wasnt doing too many risky things, and people werent all about how fake it is as much as they are today. Bacjk then, wrestling seemed more real, and as a kid, I cried when this happened. And it was on national television on Superstars of Wrestling!
sendpm.gif
Old 12-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Mrs. Danielson
ROH Pure Champion

RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via MSN to RVDgurl

The Montreal Screw Job.. OMG. Seriously, how is this not the holy shit moment of all time?!? I remembering watching and thinking "wow, this looks so real". That was back before everyone had access to so much behind the scene information. When the smoke cleared and the real story came out, it was incredible that we got to witness that go down live. Vinnie Mac's dirty laundry getting aired for the world to see. It was great.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-12-2008, 10:43 PM
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Jane is getting phone calls from TNA...Jane is getting phone calls from TNA...Jane is getting phone calls from TNA...Jane is getting phone calls from TNA...Jane is getting phone calls from TNA...Jane is getting phone calls from TNA...Jane is getting phone calls from TNA...Jane is getting phone calls from TNA...Jane is getting phone calls from TNA...Jane is getting phone calls from TNA...Jane is getting phone calls from TNA...

I'm going to go with Taker tossing Mankind off the cell. This became a symbol of the WWE to me, every extreme highlight reel seemed to include this moment. It made an impact, and I really thought Mankind was dead. For me, it made his career what it was. This moment made you jump to your feet.
Second place is Mart Jannety through the glass. The Rockers were a good team, and the break up made you hate Micheals, at least for me.
Third is the Show-Lesnar superplex. Kinda made me laugh, I guess. But also say Holy Shit, so it's up there too.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-13-2008, 08:25 PM

Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...Y-2-Jay worked a dark match on ECW recently...

i will go with taker throwing foley off the cage it is still shown now and it was nearly 11 years ago its shown on most dont try this at home stuff and seriously is the only thing on that list that makes me go HOLY SHIT
sendpm.gif
Old 12-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Million Dollar Champion

realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...realblackhart worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I mean Vince Mcmahon appearing on Monday Night Nitro was pretty HUGE too. Not a wrestling persay moment but that has got to be one of the biggest moments in pro-wrestling history. Shane announcing he bought WCW was kind of cool but seeing Vince on Nitro was big and the simulcast was even better.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-16-2008, 04:48 AM
WWE European Champion

Tim scored a win over Santino Marella...Tim scored a win over Santino Marella...Tim scored a win over Santino Marella...Tim scored a win over Santino Marella...Tim scored a win over Santino Marella...Tim scored a win over Santino Marella...Tim scored a win over Santino Marella...Tim scored a win over Santino Marella...Tim scored a win over Santino Marella...Tim scored a win over Santino Marella...Tim scored a win over Santino Marella...

You've got to go with Foley being thrown off the cell. You see a guy who's 6 ft, 300 pounds, being thrown off the top of a 16 foot cell, and crashing through a table. Who the fuck did not stand on their feet and go holy shit when that happened? I remember watching it for the first time, and I've jumped up and gone "Holy shit did that just happen?" I've done it for a video of the event, so what about the people who had seen it live?

I can't put the Montreal Screwjob, as that was more like an OMG! moment than a Holy Shit moment. The one closest to the cell throw is Hogan slamming Andre. But when its looked back on, people are like "Meh." Whereas if you look back on the cell throw, then you still go "Holy shit!" The cell throw has withstood the test of time as the true Holy Shit moment of all time.

Please Drive Me Home One Last Time
sendpm.gif
Old 12-16-2008, 06:22 PM
48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You's Avatar
48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You 48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is offline
I > You
WWE Women's Champion

48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...

I voted for Foley being dumped off the top of the cell. It was cool, yeah.

But, if it were included, I would have voted for Owen Hart falling to his death. Nothing.. Nothing was more shocking than this in wrestling ever. I was sitting next to my dad and uncle watching this when I was 6 or so and they both said, simultaniously, Holy Shit. The crowd went dead silent. I don't think I've ever seen them react in that way to anything else. It was shocking, moreso than the cage.