WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-04-2018, 08:37 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
However, Rupert Murdoch is nearing 90. His sons are very much in the Millennial vein. Once the old man passes away, what is stopping Fox from dumping WWE programming as "unsuitable for children"? If they go on Broadcast TV for the first time since 2010, there will be a hell of a lot of pressure to REALLY dumb down the product. Sure, the ratings will probably be up there and steady. But, advertisers still regard Pro Wrestling fans as the proverbial "trailer trash", and will run from it regardless of the ratings.
I don't think that'll be much of an issue, as others have pointed out. Fox is a network that's known for controversial shows that aren't exactly kid friendly. When Married with Children hit the air waves 30 years back, parent groups were going nuts as they wanted it off the air when all they really did was help grow the show's audience. Compared to modern animated shows like Rich and Morty, Robot Chicken or pretty much anything on Adult Swim, the Simpsons are quite tame but people went nuts when Bart Simpson said stuff like "damn" or "ass." Fox also introduced Ally McBeal back in the 90s, Family Guy is every bit as "unsuitable for children" as any show to air on a broadcast network in history. Fox also airs Lucifer, a show in which the Devil is the main character and is portrayed in a positive light.

There have been vastly more offensive shows "unsuitable for children" on Fox that've featured content far more raunchy than anything WWE has ever done. Rupert Murdoch is a Republican but he's only a Republican on fiscal matters, social conservatives hate his guts and social conservatives have especially been the ones that've always criticized Fox's biggest shows, whether live action or animated. What Murdoch cares about is money and as long as WWE would make his network money, that's what's important.

While it's true that WWE, or pro wrestling as a whole, is never going to be seen as high brow but Fox isn't exactly known for high brow entertainment. Pretty much the only network on TV, at least here in America, that offers anything resembling high brow entertainment is PBS.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:25 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
modern animated shows like Rich and Morty
Is that Ricks cousin from another dimension? Is he Ricks clone? Did he took Rick place after Rick dies in alternate timeline? So many questions here.

Anyway, Married With Children was 90s. It passed back then and ride that controversial way to prolong the stay on TV because after controversy ratings were actually up because people wanted to see what it is about. Now in this PC times it wouldnt fly that good. HBO and Netflix maybe, but FOX no way. Though, as I said WWE is PG content now. No "raunchy 90s" no hardcore so it would fly well with any network.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo Sawaki View Post
Is that Ricks cousin from another dimension? Is he Ricks clone? Did he took Rick place after Rick dies in alternate timeline? So many questions here.

Anyway, Married With Children was 90s. It passed back then and ride that controversial way to prolong the stay on TV because after controversy ratings were actually up because people wanted to see what it is about. Now in this PC times it wouldnt fly that good. HBO and Netflix maybe, but FOX no way. Though, as I said WWE is PG content now. No "raunchy 90s" no hardcore so it would fly well with any network.
"Did he took Rick's place" He must have.

As for Fox and WWE. I could see it happen, but I don't know how I feel about them buying the company.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

If true, this is incredibly interesting and exciting. USA hasn't made a lot of sense for WWE. Their programming isn't exactly a great tie in with pro wrestling fans. Fox makes more sense for both. The animation and the sports just seem to fit better. Having Terry Bradshaw come out on Raw just seems to make more sense than those rascals from Psych.

Two hours is a nice relief. However sticking SD on a lesser network is a clear sign that the B show, which now feels like a C show will start to completely be a D show.

Beyond that the extra money is nice to hear about. I don't think WWE is ready to go to the network 100%. I do wonder if this assumes Brock will resign and if Rhonda is going to succeed.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:02 PM

Garak is looking to come up from OCW...Garak is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
Once the old man passes away, what is stopping Fox from dumping WWE programming as "unsuitable for children"?
Nothing. However, in the grand scheme of things, WWE is set. Network TV is dying. WWE already has their own streaming network, which is a great hedge against cord cutting. In fact, it's more than a hedge.