WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-23-2018, 11:29 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...

The sooner the better. And I mean with ALL the titles!!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 05:37 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I think this vibe some have stems from the fact that WWE is ending dual branded ppvs. They've seeing that dual brand ppvs are over, so they make the leap from that to the brand split ending not so long afterwards. I can understand the vibe because it really does seem like the next logical step when you go back to making every ppv feature both Raw and SmackDown wrestlers.

The end of dual branded ppvs is basically a business decision, however, as WWE doing this will eliminate a couple of ppvs. They don't feel that the additional expense is really warranted considering ticket sales and overall interest. They're not losing money or anything, but they don't feel they're making enough to where they feel that it's worth the extra cost. What this will essentially mean is that most of the ppvs will be made up almost entirely of championship matches and maybe WWE is guessing there'll be more interest in a show that'll feature something Roode vs. Orton and Reigns vs. Balor instead of Roode vs. Orton and Rawley vs. Ziggler. The single brand ppv format will basically eliminate whatever focus undercard programs have had in favor of the title programs and, from a business perspective, WWE MIGHT be right.

I agree with most others in that we're a couple of years before WWE decides to eliminate the brand split altogether. From a purely fan perspective, I wouldn't mind if the tag titles and women's titles were merged as those would be some insanely packed divisions when you look at the talent. For the tag team division, you'd have the Usos, New Day, American Alpha 2.0, the Bludgeon Brothers, the Revival, Anderson & Gallows and Sheamus & Cesaro as the top teams and the Authors of Pain are probably due up from NXT post WrestleMania. Then you have your jobber teams, for the most part, like Breezango, Rhyno & Heath Slater, Apollo & Titus and the Ascension.

I can see WWE doing the brand split thing in cycles in which a split will be around for 3 to 5 years and then it'll be gone for 3 to 5 years.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote