WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > WZ End of Year Awards > Wrestling Awards > 2017 Wrestling Awards
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Was the Rookie/Newcomer of the Year in 2017?
Lars Sullivan 4 10.26%
Aleister Black 10 25.64%
Velveteen Dream 6 15.38%
Pete Dunne 6 15.38%
Tyler Bate 1 2.56%
Samoa Joe 10 25.64%
Fabian Aichner 0 0%
Kairi Sane 1 2.56%
Shinsuke Nakamura 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2018, 11:28 AM
Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default Rookie/Newcomer of the Year

As in someone who debuted on a new show/company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:31 PM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Samoa Joe is probably the right answer, from the concept of 2017 being his first official year on the WWE's main roster. Though he's been in the eye of mainstream wrestling for a while now. Kairi Sane is probably a better choice, as she was a virtual unknown to most mainstream wrestling fans in the West, and made a name for herself by winning the Mae Young Classic. I'm giving her my vote.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...

Out of all these I'll have to go with Black. Dude can easily be the next Undertaker or better. He has it all for a new wrestler in the business. WWE will probably turn him into Aleister Black The Accountant when he hits the main roster though.

Join WZCW now.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:29 PM
squashed Disco Inferno to become
WCW TV Champion

Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Between Joe & Black, still undecided.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:34 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

I always try to go with someone who wasn't a name in another company and then jumped to WWE. Like just because LeBron left Cleveland to go to Miami at one point didn't make him eligible to win Rookie of the Year again. Everyone knew who Joe was, and Sane was a name in Japan. Even Black had built a rep on the European scene as Tommy End. Lars Sullivan literally came from out of nowhere this year and is evolving into one of the best monsters in recent memory.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:12 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Joe or Black. Joe. For being one of the best legitimate heels.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:10 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Yaz hit it on the head on this one for me. I can't call Samoa Joe a newcomer or a Rookie. The guy has been a known commodity on national/global television for 13 years. All of the other people have been known on the independent scene for a while too, to the point that when they sign with WWE the peoples on this here forum are ecstatic. Kairi Sane, Nakamura, Aleister Black, Dunne, and Bate all were discussed on here prior to debuting. Hell even Velveteen Dream was on Tough Enough and wrestled sporadically as Patrick Clark on NXT TV before becoming Velveteen.

Literally no one here said a word about Lars Sullivan before he had his first appearance after Mania. It was "who is this guy" which quickly turned into "holy shit this guys awesome". That's a newcomer, and that's my vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore Evelyn Maysby View Post
Stormy, you're awesome.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:22 PM

NxtBigThing is looking to come up from OCW...NxtBigThing is looking to come up from OCW...

Well I picked Samoa Joe since it said Rookie or Newcomer to a Show. Joe dominated even in loses and had two main events that also featured Brock Lesnar. Hopefully Joe gets a title reign in the upcoming year.