WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > WZ End of Year Awards > Wrestling Awards > 2017 Wrestling Awards
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: What was the Moment of the Year in 2017?
Kurt Angle Teams with the Shield 2 4.88%
Tyler Bate Wins the UK Title Tournament 0 0%
John Cena Wins 16th World Title 2 4.88%
Aleister Black Says Velveteen Dream's Name 1 2.44%
Kairi Sane Wins Mae Young Classic 0 0%
Tommaso Ciampa Turns on Johnny Gargano 5 12.20%
Braun Strowman Turns Over Ambulance 4 9.76%
Festival of Friendship 3 7.32%
Undertaker's Retirement 11 26.83%
Hardys Return to WWE 8 19.51%
Chris Jericho Challenges Kenny Omega 1 2.44%
Roman Reigns Opens Raw After Wrestlemania 4 9.76%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2018, 12:10 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...

Taker's retirement was most emotional.
Strowman flipping Reigns was my favorite as it was shocking, funny, and brutal at the same time. The site of the fake doll flipping was funny as hell as it looked like Strowman ragdolled his ass. A scene straight outta WCWF lmao
Old 01-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Rear Naked Bloke
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
I was lulled into security by the "end of the show" logo in the bottom left corner...the first time, in 20 years, I recall them using it as a fake-out.
Owens' - not entirely dissimilar - betrayal of Zayn at TakeOver R-Evolution. *adjusts pocket protector*

Edit: Not even the first pedant. Damn it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:34 PM
Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
Owens' - not entirely dissimilar - betrayal of Zayn at TakeOver R-Evolution. *adjusts pocket protector*

Edit: Not even the first pedant. Damn it all.
It's not my fault that I'm a real Sami fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:12 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

I'm not ever going to be convinced that Undertaker is retired until he literally dies, and even then I will have my doubts. There are a lot of rumors he is going to wrestle again this year, so it doesn't feel like a retirement. We all knew Roman's win was coming too, so I think that took away from the moment.

The pop the Hardy's generated was a moment, but I think most of us knew they would be back too. It just happened much sooner than we thought.

The breakup of DIY was shocking because of how it was presented, on top of the fact that the team still felt like they had legs. I had my Xbox controller in hand, ready to exit the Network app when it happened, that's how unexpected and shocking it was. It was also helped by the fact that Gargano and Ciampa were always presented as best friends. They even lived together man. That shit cut deep.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:17 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Ambulance. Flipping. Totally unexpected.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:32 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...

For me, Undertaker's retirement wins this. He was the first wrestler I remember watching and his last match, especially him laying his gear in the ring was an emotional moment.

Also, JR's appearance (and the crowd reaction) days after his personal tragedy was a great moment as well.