WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > 2017 Wrestling Awards
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: What Was the Best Show of the Year in 2017?
Takeover: WarGames 12 32.43%
Takeover: Chicago 12 32.43%
Royal Rumble 3 8.11%
UK Title Tournament 0 0%
Wrestle Kingdom XI 5 13.51%
Wrestlemania XXXIII 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2018, 12:03 PM
Clog Dancing on the Cobblestones
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default Best Major Show of the Year

It's the best in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:57 AM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

A real toss-up between Takeovers here.

One had Bate/Dunne II, tag team ladder match and the break up of DIY, the other had Black Dream and WarGames.

Leaning towards WarGames even though I had Bate/Dunne as MOTY...
Old 01-03-2018, 05:15 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...

I got Royal Rumble as we witnessed the best match of the year in Styles/Cena and the most underrated match of the year in Owens/Reigns.
TAG- CODE 5 (5000, BRIQ ROMINE)
RR- AJ STYLES MITB- SAMI ZAYN
KOTR- SAMOA JOE. UKTou- TYLER BATE
Old 01-03-2018, 05:47 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Not at all surprised to see the two TakeOver events are running away with it.

I went with TakeOver: WarGames as I thought every match just clicked.

Sullivan vs. Ohno was only about 5:11 or so in length, but it was a physical hoss fight and Sullivan shined in his first real test.

Black vs. Dream was utterly fantastic, just the perfect storm of a terrific build with a match that was even better.

The Women's Championship match had a very tough job following Black vs. Dream but the ladies held their own and put forth a good effort, even though the match was a bit too short for the format in my opinion.

McIntyre vs. Almas was a great physical outing and showed just how far McIntyre has come and that Almas is among the most consistently strong in-ring workers WWE has had in a long time.

The WarGames match could've been lousy. It hadn't been seen since the dying days of WCW and I wasn't all that sure how the alterations would work out. I needn't have worried as Triple H and the creative team in NXT have shown time after time over the years that they know how to do stuff like this and get the most of out it.

All the matches on Chicago were good, anyone calling Bate vs. Dunne MOTY has damn good reason to, but the NXT Championship match between Bobby Roode and Hideo Itami wasn't nearly as good as McIntyre vs. Almas. With McIntyre vs. Almas, Black vs. Dream POSSIBLY being every bit as good, or possibly better if you take the build into consideration, as Bate vs. Dunne and the WarGames match, I just had to give it to WarGames.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

I went with TakeOver: Chicago because I feel like the build to that show was better, and it made the overall package better. WarGames was equally as good from an in ring standpoint, but 95% of the build to that show was the WarGames match. Drew vs. Almas felt just thrown together, and Sullivan vs. Ohno was the same. Also Chicago didn't have Ember Moon.