WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > WZ End of Year Awards > Wrestling Awards > 2017 Wrestling Awards
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: What Was the Promo of the Year in 2017?
"This Is My Yard Now" - Roman Reigns, Raw, April 3 14 29.79%
"I Liked Me Better Before I Met You" - Seth Rollins, Raw, March 27 1 2.13%
Lost Total Bellas Episodes - Miz and Maryse 6 12.77%
John Cena vs. Roman Reigns - Raw, August 28 15 31.91%
"Enjoy Infamy, Velveteen Dream" - Aleister Black, Takeover: WarGames 0 0%
Rap Battle - Usos vs. New Day, Smackdown, July 4 1 2.13%
Festival of Friendship 9 19.15%
"I Want Brock Lesnar" - Samoa Joe, Raw, June 5 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2018, 11:10 AM
Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default Promo of the Year

Life's short, talk fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:02 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I went with the Festival of Friendship because when I saw the commercials announcing it, I had this horrible pit pop up into my stomach and figured it'd be awful. Imagine my surprise in finding that it was one of the genuinely funniest promos/skits in the history of Raw. Jericho's genuine enthusiasm for it and Owen's shocked response to everything that was going on was beautiful to behold, at least it was later on as I was too busy laughing my ass off the first half a dozen times I watched it.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...

Oh shit. How could I forget the Festival of Friendship? I picked Cena vs Roman before I saw it was an option. Was still a great promo anyway.

Join WZCW now.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:24 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

I went with Cena vs. Roman. Realest promo that I've ever seen in wrestling, (well besides when Matt Hardy and Edge were fighting over Lita. Those got pretty real.) When Cena said, "I'm still here because you can't do your job" and "It's called a promo kid you're going to have to learn how to do it sooner or later"; I thought that there was a legit beef between them. I know wrestling is fake, but that just seemed too below the belt to be a work.

Whenever they can make you genuinely question if something is real or not then it's usually great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:27 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

SHIT

Voted for Reigns promo post WM, when the absolute best choice was Cena Vs Reigns. First time in a long time that promo segments became must-see tv for a few weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Perhaps, then, you really are an idiot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post
If there's one thing missing from Britain's annual Royal Rumble meet-ups, it's us chucking each other about in excitement.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:46 PM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

After this year, Cena has arguably solidified his status as the best promo man in company history. Roman trolling the post Mania crowd was excellent though.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I went with the festival of friendship. The reason being is not only because the Jericho and Owens friendship storyline was one of the reasons to watch Raw, but then when it was announced it just sounded like a stupid little segment ready for Goldberg to come in and destroy everything. Not only was the promo funny but it took a huge emotional turn as well. Ervurhijg was set up perfectly and it delivered better than I think anyone could’ve hoped for.

I get what people are saying about Roman/Cena promo but in my eyes it was just Cena making Reugns look like a bitch, which we all want but I wouldn’t say that’s promo of the year, though there as never really been a shoot promo that heavy before. Romans my yard again was great but one line doesn’t cut it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
Old 01-02-2018, 05:55 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I thought for sure a Cena/Miz promo would be nominated because almost all of them were pretty fantastic. As it stands, I have to go with Cena/Roman. The amount of truth Cena spit at Reigns was equally hilarious and cringe-inducing.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:37 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

I'm alone here, I know. I had to go with the rap battle, because The Usos killed it.

New Day came out with a Rosebud entourage and had some so-so lines. The Usos came out with an entourage that looked like they were about to open for NWA.

I've been a fan of battle rap since Scribble Jam 1997. The Usos were phenomenal and took personal shots at Xavier. It was ten times more awesome than I expected.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:21 AM
doesn't know REAL wrestling...
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

Tough choice here.

Reigns post-Mania would be a shoe-in had it led somewhere, but I really loved Miz's "You can't see me... because there is nothing here worth seeing." Cena's attacks on Roman were great too.

It is a little telling though that all three of those promos ended up going nowhere - Reigns didn't capitalise on the heat he garnered, Miz was squashed at Mania and Cena was beaten in a one-off match by Reigns.

I think it is Reigns post-Mania for me. Just. In fact, no, I am going to give the Miz some love.