WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > WZ End of Year Awards > Wrestling Awards > 2017 Wrestling Awards
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Was the Worst Wrestler of the Year in 2017?
Jinder Mahal 9 16.67%
Ember Moon 1 1.85%
Shane McMahon 3 5.56%
Lana 8 14.81%
Tamina 10 18.52%
Dana Brooke 1 1.85%
Young Bucks 3 5.56%
Alicia Fox 1 1.85%
Enzo Amore 2 3.70%
Dolph Ziggler 6 11.11%
Randy Orton 2 3.70%
Bray Wyatt 8 14.81%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default Worst Wrestler of the Year

This is always a fun one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:32 AM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

I wasn't being funny when I nommed Bray and Orton. They've went completely downhill this year. Moreso than Jinder and Ziggler, who've at least shown signs of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Old 01-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Rear Naked Bloke

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

Oh, Dolph Ziggler, how I loathe thee. I do think the suffocation of Nakamura and Roode's pushes at birth were the result of bizarre booking than any lack of skill on Ziggler's part. It's nonetheless astonishing that someone thought "Being narrowly better than Dolph Ziggler" was an accolade worth having for not one but two debuting wrestlers in 2017.

Can I excuse Shane McMahon for the same reason? Of course, perhaps we're yet to be introduced to the part of Shane's backstory that explains why he can beat the WWE champion in a fistfight. Perhaps he went away and became a professional cagefighter while he was away from WWE television. Chinese scientists have developed an experimental type of gene therapy that only boosts the athletic performance of grey-haired businessmen. Trapped in the fighting pits of Tianjin, it was kill or be killed, and he became known as "The Face of Death." Leading a group of muscular businessmen in their late forties to freedom, Shane killed guard after guard after guard with his bare hands. But until they explain that, him beating up AJ Styles or Kevin Owens - or The Undertaker - just seems preposterous.

Ember Moon is excruciatingly dull, to the point that I was struggling to remember her name just now and I've watched every single episode of NXT this year. There are few moments more painful than watching Asuka - the lady who Ember could never beat - award the NXT women's title to Ember. I was legitimately expecting Asuka to pat her on the head. Yes, well done, Ember, you could never beat me, but you managed to cheese it in a multi-woman match. Aren't you just the destroyer of worlds?

There's not much in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

TJ Perkins is so bad that no one could even think of him when it was time for nominations. The guys was given quite a few chances to succeed and never could connect despite the attention.

Oh well, based on the list provided, Tamina is the easiest one to gloss over. I would vote for her.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 01-02-2018, 02:39 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I wanna say the Young Bucks. They're the epitome of what comprises an overrated spot monkey as their matches are nothing but nonstop flips, flops and heavily choreographed spots. They might be shits, but they're charismatic shits with loads of personality.

However, looking at the list, I'm also tempted to go with Lana because Lana's just beyond terrible, she would've fit right in 10 to 15 years ago in particular when women were meant for nothing more than masturbatory fodder for the male fans. However, at least Lana does bring personality and charisma to the table.

Jinder sucks, but he sucks as an average wrestler with a great physique.

Dana Brooke and Tamina are probably the epitome of dead weight right now. Tamina is only on the roster because of who her father was and Dana Brooke is basically a jobber for life now that she's part of Titus Worldwide. But at least Dana does have some personality whereas Tamina brings nothing whatsoever to the table so I'm probably gonna go with her.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-02-2018, 02:47 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

No one's "skills to spot on the card" ratio even approaches the levels of shit Shane Mcmahon inhabits.

Woefully absurd, on every level, all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Perhaps, then, you really are an idiot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post
If there's one thing missing from Britain's annual Royal Rumble meet-ups, it's us chucking each other about in excitement.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:37 PM
The LD Dweller

Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Tamina is one of those people that I forget is still under contract. She's like the female JTG minus any charisma
Old 01-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Dolph Ziggler. He continues to suck the life out of every single match that he's in.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:41 PM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
No one's "skills to spot on the card" ratio even approaches the levels of shit Shane Mcmahon inhabits.

Woefully absurd, on every level, all the time.
Except that Shane can be consistently carried to a good match if he has the right opponent. Same can't be said for a few others on the poll.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:15 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Never liked guys that only do moves for the sake of moves and don't have any psychology into what they're doing. While I feel like in ring wise, they're are worst wrestlers then the young bucks, I still pick them for worst wrestlers.