WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > WZ End of Year Awards > Wrestling Awards > 2017 Wrestling Awards
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: What Was The Match of the Year in 2017?
Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate - Takeover: Chicago 13 30.95%
Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada - Wrestle Kingdom XI 10 23.81%
AJ Styles vs. Brock Lesnar - Survivor Series 1 2.38%
Aleister Black vs. Velveteen Dream - Takeover: WarGames 1 2.38%
AJ Styles vs. John Cena - Royal Rumble 12 28.57%
WarGames - Takeover: WarGames 0 0%
Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Brock Lesnar - Summerslam 2 4.76%
New Day vs. Usos - Summerslam 1 2.38%
New Day vs. Usos - Hell in a Cell 1 2.38%
Tetsuya Naito vs. Kenny Omega - G1 Climax Finals 1 2.38%
Finn Balor vs. AJ Styles - TLC 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2018, 11:18 AM
Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default Match of the Year

Typically the best debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:57 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

For me, there are probably only about 5 matches on that list that I think genuinely deserved the 5 star treatment: Bate vs. Dunne, Black vs. Dream, Styles vs. Cena, New Day vs. the Usos at HIAC and Omega vs. Naito.

Omega vs. Okada was great but it really started dragging after about 30 minutes or so and it felt like they were just purposely extending the match longer than it needed.

Styles vs. Lesnar showed just how good AJ Styles is even at 40 years of age, he's probably done the best work of his career over the course of the last 4 years or so. What took away from this match is that we all knew he wasn't going to beat Lesnar.

WarGames was a great chaotic brawl that, in my opinion, was an overall improvement over the original concept but matches of this type don't usually win MOTY with so much focus being put, and rightly so, on the carnage.

The SummerSlam hoss fight was a hell of an outing that was carried primarily by Reigns, Joe and Strowman. However, you just knew that nothing short of a nuke right to the face was causing Lesnar to lose.

The New Day vs. The Usos at the SummerSlam kickoff was a huge surprise, easily the best match of any WWE kickoff show.

Styles vs. Balor was a fantastic treat, but there was no build or storyline to it. They put forth a tremendous effort but ultimately, the match didn't matter when you get right down to it.

I'm leaning towards Bate vs. Dunne at NXT TakeOver: Chicago and if there was one flaw in the match, it's that the build wasn't stronger.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-02-2018, 03:30 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

I cant be shaken from Dunne Vs Bate, but War Games made me hesitate. What an absolutely brutal shit show barnburner of a match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Perhaps, then, you really are an idiot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post
If there's one thing missing from Britain's annual Royal Rumble meet-ups, it's us chucking each other about in excitement.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:32 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WWE European Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

Gotta go with AJ Styles vs. Cena. What a match. It showed why Styles has risen so fast in the WWE and why Cena is genuinely the best wrestler of the past decade. Great match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:42 PM
3 Time Elite Openweight Champion
Million Dollar Champion

The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...

How did Revivial vs DIY vs AOP not even make the list? There goes my vote for MOTY.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:37 PM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Cena vs Styles. Summerslam 4 pack challenge was a close second.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenal Matrix View Post
How did Revivial vs DIY vs AOP not even make the list? There goes my vote for MOTY.
Wasn't that last year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:42 PM
Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Takeover: Orlando in April.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:12 PM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Wow Bálor vs Styles and Bálor vs Lesnar made the list. Definitely pretty shocked on the first one, could make an argument for the second but I feel WWE have had better matches. I want to vote New Day vs Usos at Hell in the Cell because I think the tag team division deserves a lot of credit this year and for two teams who have wrestled each other in the hundreds put on potentially their best match against each other ever. The match itself made me excited for more tag team/multi man hell in the cell matches in the future.

However I gotta give it to Okada vs Omega at Wrestle Kingdom. JackHammer made a good point that it started to drag at the end I think it was just so highly anticipated and certainly delivered. I don’t even watch New Japan but the Omega/Okada matches have me a reason to.

If I was voting

3: Cena/Styles
2: New Day vs Usos HiTC
1: Okada/Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
Old 01-05-2018, 04:18 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Omega/Naito II.