WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > 2017 Wrestling Awards
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: What Was the Worst Show of the Year?
Battleground 21 55.26%
Survivor Series 11 28.95%
Clash of Champions 3 7.89%
Payback 3 7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2018, 12:00 PM
Clog Dancing on the Cobblestones
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default Worst Major Show of the Year

One of the more dubious ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:56 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Battleground pretty easily.

Cena vs Rusev was one of the slowest paced matches I've ever seen. It dragged and dragged and dragged.

Don't even get me started on the Punjabi Prison match.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:12 PM
The LD Dweller

Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Battleground is just a show I usually expect to be shit every year and I was not disappointed.

The show peaked at the first match with a pretty good tag match. Then it gave us Nakamura's worst match probably ever, a boring women's match, an underwhelming Owen/Styles match with a legitimately questionable finish, the slowest match known to man, filler, and a match that makes Survivor Jenna vs Sharmell look like Hart vs Austin.

Battleground wins.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:13 PM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Survivor Series. Main event was a clusterfuck of epic proportions.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:19 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Clash felt like a throwaway show and nothing stood out, I Cleary felt like the smackdown crew really didn't care about this show.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Clash of Champions was a good show I thought. Couple real good matches on the show. I really didn’t mind the Punjabi prison match. It wasn’t good but it was better than I expected and for that it’s passable. The thing that let Battleground down I think was the underwhelming KO/Styles match, it could’ve really saved that show but I’m not picking it. Payback was also a fun little PPV I thought.

Survivor series is my vote. I look forward to it every year (Really how dumb am I) and especially after last years main event I thought they would’ve continued the string of at least good main event matches. This year though both traditional matches were just absolute crap. It was the Asuka and HHH show. I think the best thing about the woman’s match was Tamina and Jax squaring off, which says a lot. The rest of the card was actually pretty good the more I think about it but predictable I would say. Harsh but the main event killed it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
Old 01-06-2018, 12:46 AM
Welcome to the Warzone.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Battleground is my pick for this year's worst show of the year.

Don't get me wrong: They tried out there. The New Day and The Usos are guaranteed to have great matches now and the women's no. 1 contenders match was fun while it lasted.

But Corbin and Nakamura was decent, Cena and Rusev was boring as all get out, Owens and Styles disappointed (despite being good to me) and Mahal and Orton...i'm still confused by that one (At least my boy The Great Khali got to come back for one night only).

Clash of Champions was more good than bad, Payback was a great PPV overall and Survivor Series is currently sitting in my top 5 best PPVs of the year. At the very least, the main event was interesting. Battleground does not hold that distinction.

#WildcatWayz
Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
Old 01-06-2018, 12:54 AM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Fuck this thread for making me mentally revisit Battleground.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel