WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > Live Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-18-2017, 11:42 PM
Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prophet View Post
I would think so. I've never experienced anything like peak Ronda Rousey during her title reign. You've got to remember that Rousey lost twice in her entire career, unfortunately that is all people seem to remember, she was great. A bad team, the worst coach in MMA (I don't think this can be argued) and way too many outside commitments, and the perfect challenger with the perfect style in Holly Holm. That's what it took to dethrone Rousey.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. was ESPN's fighter of the year three years in a row, no MMA fighter had ever won it until Rousey did. The award might be meaningless but Rousey winning it over Floyd was a huge statement. No boxer has ever won it since, it has always gone to MMA athletes for the last three years. ESPN did not want to cover MMA. Rousey made them start to cover it. Shows like First Take debated topics around Rousey. People forget or weren't fans of the sport at the time before Rousey burst onto the scene. Her role is critically undersold by people because of how she left.

While fighting in the UFC, Rousey only had 1 PPV sell under 500k and that was due to it being a quick turnaround, 2 months after she sold 1 million against Tate in the rematch. She had three PPVs sell 1 million buys.
Yeah I've been a fan for a good while for a variety of reasons. She's very pretty, dominant and looks like a killer. What more can you ask for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:50 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Da Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
Yeah I've been a fan for a good while for a variety of reasons. She's very pretty, dominant and looks like a killer. What more can you ask for?
And she represented America in the Olympics and got them a medal.

Here is the problem that WWE will have with Rousey.

Rousey cannot act. She sucks. If they give her a script she'll fail on the microphone. If you hand her a microphone and give her points to hit than you'll see a woman who can cut a better promo than nearly the entire roster.

Rousey is a gem on the microphone. Especially the stuff with Tate leading into both their fights (top 5 MMA feud ever, btw). Everyone is worried about her wrestling ability. That's not the problem. Her judo will get her through a match just fine and it's not like she'll work with the bottom of the roster, she'll get the top talent.

Give Rousey a script and get ready for the worst promo you'll hear all year.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:53 PM
Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Quote:
And she represented America in the Olympics and got them a medal.

Here is the problem that WWE will have with Rousey.

Rousey cannot act. She sucks. If they give her a script she'll fail on the microphone. If you hand her a microphone and give her points to hit than you'll see a woman who can cut a better promo than nearly the entire roster.

Rousey is a gem on the microphone. Especially the stuff with Tate leading into both their fights (top 5 MMA feud ever, btw). Everyone is worried about her wrestling ability. That's not the problem. Her judo will get her through a match just fine and it's not like she'll work with the bottom of the roster, she'll get the top talent.

Give Rousey a script and get ready for the worst promo you'll hear all year.
Yeah I remember some of that stuff. Hopefully (and it's likely false hope), they'll realize that they need her more than she needs them and will let her be herself a bit more.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:55 PM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Quote:
I think it's safe to say that Cyborg is bigger than Carano ever was.

Joanna has a case also and Thug Rose, if she can keep the belt for good reign, has the personality to make people fall in love with her.
I was factoring in Carano's movie career as part of her mainstream appeal. But gauging their appeal at the box office solely as MMA fighters, then yeah.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:04 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Da Prophet

I'm looking forward to this Women's Rumble Match which I'm sure all the female wrestlers are excited about, only for Philadelphia to chant "Ronda Rousey" the entire match and be disappointed when she isn't in it.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:14 AM
squashed Disco Inferno to become
WCW TV Champion

Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
I'm looking forward to this Women's Rumble Match which I'm sure all the female wrestlers are excited about, only for Philadelphia to chant "Ronda Rousey" the entire match and be disappointed when she isn't in it.
She's in it.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:45 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allah Loves PaperGhost View Post
She's in it.
How do you know this?
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 12-19-2017, 06:22 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
How do you know this?
According to some of the dirt sheets Rousey is presenting filming a movie that will not finish until February. They are saying that like with the Rock, movie producers are reluctant to have their stars fighting in the WWE while filming is happening.

I guess there is a chance that she could finish early and maybe they have put that out there so it will be a huge surprise if she does show up. Also HHH said last week that it was news to him about Rousey signing with the WWE. He has walked that back since, but that it is no guarantee that she will appear at the Rumble. For me it's a wait and see situation and honestly I would rather be surprised.