WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Undying's Avatar
Undying Undying is offline
Has Ascended
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 572
Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to Undying
Default

Quote:
You go and say I'm bias toward balor promo ability yet everytime I bring something up about somebody you like, you go and so your bias toward reigns. At less reigns is able to think on his feet when he delivers a promo and doesn't fell like he's reading a promo like balor is
Yeah that promo Reigns had against Cena really showed he knows how to think on his feet especially when he forgot his lines and got ripped to shreds.

Quote:
Like I said before, I'm a fan of balor, I think he a really good wrestler but promo's isn't his strong suit and it shows. As far as reaction is concern, it depends on where they are, last monday night he had a great reaction for what was a really bad promo segment, yet in another market, he would have cut the same promo and nobody would hae cared.
You said earlier his promo on Monday got crickets, now you are saying he got a great reaction. You are just backtracking what you said because people are calling you out on your bullshit. One of the posters here that lives in India even said you have no idea what you are talking about when you mentioned that Jinder is as big as Cena in India.

Quote:
I don't want to attack anybody with my opinion and I never wanted my opinion to be facts but for some reasons, some of the more immature fans on this board can't have a intelligent discussion without getting all upset because I don't have the same opinions as them or the same views on the product as them.
I remember you insulted me and insinuated that I am a 13 year old living with Mom and Dad. That sounds like attacking to me. Your age says you are 38 years old. If that is true then why are you on here attacking other people that don't like Jinder Mahal and making up stories about how huge he is in India? That personally sounds like someone living with mom and dad still. You might want to have them to proof read your forum posts as well before posting.

Quote:
In the end, I'm kinda thinking that I wasn't meant for discussing wrestling with today's wrestling fans because everytime that you write something they don't like, they get angry and insult you instead of having a intelligent conversation, so for now, I decided that this isn't worth it anymore, I'm not going to risk my well being because people don't like what I write and would rather insult you then actually get your point, so I m7ght post on other boards on this site but as far as the WWE one, I'm done.
I am all for having intelligent discussions. Just not with people like you. You said it's not worth it anymore but then you posted again right after. No you are not done, you will reply to me with another post consisting of nonsensical rambling. Even if that's true it would be nice for you not to post again and I don't think anyone would be complaining if you didn't.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-19-2017, 05:51 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,356
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying View Post
You said earlier his promo on Monday got crickets, now you are saying he got a great reaction. You are just backtracking what you said because people are calling you out on your bullshit. One of the posters here that lives in India even said you have no idea what you are talking about when you mentioned that Jinder is as big as Cena in India
Sorry about that, i was still mad at you for the cancer comment you did in a earlier post which pretty much started this whole rambling bit on my part. Again sorry for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying View Post
I remember you insulted me and insinuated that I am a 13 year old living with Mom and Dad. That sounds like attacking to me. Your age says you are 38 years old. If that is true then why are you on here attacking other people that don't like Jinder Mahal and making up stories about how huge he is in India? That personally sounds like someone living with mom and dad still. You might want to have them to proof read your forum posts as well before posting.
Again sorry about that, but you started it with the cancer comment. That comment on your first post was what started this whole mess in the first place, please be careful when you write stupid stuff like that on a wrestling board, some peoples might get offended when you joke about stuff like cancer.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying View Post
I am all for having intelligent discussions. Just not with people like you. You said it's not worth it anymore but then you posted again right after. No you are not done, you will reply to me with another post consisting of nonsensical rambling. Even if that's true it would be nice for you not to post again and I don't think anyone would be complaining if you didn't.
Personally i do want to take a break from this board mostly because i do feel that just one dumb comment like the one you post about how my post gave you cancer can set me up and make me angry which isn't worth it. I do have a lot of intelligent discussion with others on this board and while we don't agree on everything, we don't insult each other or post stupid joke.

Again, i'm sorry for letting this get out of control the way it did, it wasn't my intention at all. If you want to make fun of me because of this, i don't care. I just needed to write this apology so that i could clear my conscience and stop thinking about it.

P.S.: in a way, i'm kinda like Jim Cornette, i can have a intelligent discussion about pro wrestling but don't make me angry because that's when i start to ramble and when i'm mad, i'm normally don't make sense. With that said, that's the last for me on the WWE board for awhile.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-24-2017, 04:08 PM
god-soldier god-soldier is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 149
god-soldier is looking to come up from OCW...god-soldier is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

After reading all this, one thing I can say is Jinder isn't really popular in India just like someone said earlier you can ask most Indians from India, US, and Canada and they will tell you they never heard of Jinder but they know WWE. If Jinder was so popular in India why did they need Khali to come in and give him the ok for Indians to consider him and Khali their beloved hero still can't get him over that's why he had him hold and raise the championship. He is not even close to a Cena among Indians. I guarantee that if Shinsuke won the WWE title it would of been front page news in Japan like it was when he was coming to WWE. Not when Jinder won it didn't make back page news in India. Which means once again they are not good at booking. And if WWE and their share holders are relying on Roman Reigns and they think that will lift them to the next generation they will go out of business because No one is gonna care no one really cares about even hating Roman Reigns to even buy a ticket to see who will finally beat him. That's unfortunate and bring the shield back isn't gonna help or gain that factor in for him either. Finn cuts good promos by the way he just doesn't get enough TV time to cut one that maybe most of you would like but he and Nakamura have all the potential all to carry WWE to the next generation they have to book it properly. Merch sales prove it same way it did with Punk and Bryan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-26-2017, 09:36 AM
THTRobtaylor's Avatar
THTRobtaylor THTRobtaylor is offline
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,179
THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

The India thing is a misnomer... it's not about appeasing Indian fans, but Indian networks and promoters. WWE want to run more shows there, they want high paying TV deals there... so that means they need a local star those networks and promoters can sell to local fans. TNA tried it with Shera and to a lesser extent Sonjay Dutt when they expanded there...

As TV deals drop everywhere else, a bigger TV deal in foreign markets like India, which are relatively unexploited can temper those drops in revenue. China is next, you watch...
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-26-2017, 04:38 PM
Jack-Hammer's Avatar
Jack-Hammer Jack-Hammer is offline
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kentucky
Age: 37
Posts: 12,554
Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default

If I had to point the finger as to why so many wrestlers have such a hard time, I'd point it at the match between Kane and Finn Balor on Raw this past Monday. Something that we have seen frequently over the course of the last several 4 or 5 years has been Vince McMahon doing something to kill the momentum of young stars, that something is usually having those stars turn around and job out to the older wrestlers on the roster instead of using those older wrestlers to build them up. We've seen it done with Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Rusev, Shinsuke Nakamura, Bayley, Sasha Banks and just about anyone else who's debuted on the main roster in the last 5 years at one time or another. Of the current crop talent that's come up in that time span, the only one that's really gotten a consistent build has been Roman Reigns.

On Raw this past Monday, after just coming off a big win over AJ Styles, universally hailed as one of the best in-ring talents in the world for the past 15 years, in a great match, Balor is turned around and squashed by Kane in a 7 minute match. Kane has been around for 20 years, he's already over and is as over as he's going to be; the best years of his career are behind him and squashing Finn Balor just so he can look like a monster against Braun Strowman accomplished nothing except stall Balor's momentum. If they wanted to have Kane squash someone, there's a locker room full of guys who aren't doing anything; I mean, were Curt Hawkins or Apollo Crews busy?

If you're an older fan, like me, and you hear younger fans in their teens and 20s saying something about how modern stars just don't really compare to those of 20-25 years ago, what happened on Monday is one of the primary reasons why they feel that way. Stone Cold Steve Austin didn't win KOTR in 1996 and then job to Jake Roberts a week later on Raw, the Rock didn't beat Austin to win the Intercontinental Championship in December 1997 and embark on the longest IC title run of the past 20 years only to job out in his nontitle matches, Triple H didn't job out to the Big Boss Man to look like a weak heel champion the night after beating Cactus Jack inside Hell in a Cell. Vince goes out of his way, whenever he can, for whatever reason, to make the modern crop of stars look vulnerable unless they have a certain look that appeals to him.

Why does he do this? This is just a shot in the dark but I'm of the opinion that Vince believes that WWE's future is beyond secure, that it's such an established brand and force that he doesn't have to worry about making modern stars look as prominent as AE era stars. I think he feels that fans are going to tune in regardless and he's probably right because he knows that there's no other wrestling promotion on Earth that can even remotely touch WWE in terms of being a competitor. He'd deny it of course, just like he said on the infamous Stone Cold podcast interview that it was never about what he wanted and that it was all about the fans.
__________________
"What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."


Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-26-2017, 06:10 PM
BestSportsEntertainer's Avatar
BestSportsEntertainer BestSportsEntertainer is offline
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Age: 18
Posts: 1,137
BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

The large roster is part of the problem, but booking is ultimately to blame.

Yes, WWE can be good (and really good) at times. Yes, I still watch the product (not EVERY show but mostly).

However at the end of the day, my opinion doesn't matter. The fans really don't matter. It's all about what Vince wants.

Look no further than Roman Reigns. He's maybe the most hated face of all time, yet he's about to headline his fourth straight WrestleMania.

Jinder Mahal is WWE Champion on the same roster that has AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens, and Randy Orton.

These are just two examples, and there are many others. You can say it's no big deal, but when you got empty seats and lower ratings than ever before, then there is a problem. I don't see it getting any better unless Vince changes his mindset and starts listening to fans more.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-26-2017, 07:17 PM
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.'s Avatar
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is offline
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Age: 21
Posts: 1,236
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
If I had to point the finger as to why so many wrestlers have such a hard time, I'd point it at the match between Kane and Finn Balor on Raw this past Monday. Something that we have seen frequently over the course of the last several 4 or 5 years has been Vince McMahon doing something to kill the momentum of young stars, that something is usually having those stars turn around and job out to the older wrestlers on the roster instead of using those older wrestlers to build them up. We've seen it done with Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Rusev, Shinsuke Nakamura, Bayley, Sasha Banks and just about anyone else who's debuted on the main roster in the last 5 years at one time or another. Of the current crop talent that's come up in that time span, the only one that's really gotten a consistent build has been Roman Reigns.

On Raw this past Monday, after just coming off a big win over AJ Styles, universally hailed as one of the best in-ring talents in the world for the past 15 years, in a great match, Balor is turned around and squashed by Kane in a 7 minute match. Kane has been around for 20 years, he's already over and is as over as he's going to be; the best years of his career are behind him and squashing Finn Balor just so he can look like a monster against Braun Strowman accomplished nothing except stall Balor's momentum. If they wanted to have Kane squash someone, there's a locker room full of guys who aren't doing anything; I mean, were Curt Hawkins or Apollo Crews busy?

If you're an older fan, like me, and you hear younger fans in their teens and 20s saying something about how modern stars just don't really compare to those of 20-25 years ago, what happened on Monday is one of the primary reasons why they feel that way. Stone Cold Steve Austin didn't win KOTR in 1996 and then job to Jake Roberts a week later on Raw, the Rock didn't beat Austin to win the Intercontinental Championship in December 1997 and embark on the longest IC title run of the past 20 years only to job out in his nontitle matches, Triple H didn't job out to the Big Boss Man to look like a weak heel champion the night after beating Cactus Jack inside Hell in a Cell. Vince goes out of his way, whenever he can, for whatever reason, to make the modern crop of stars look vulnerable unless they have a certain look that appeals to him.

Why does he do this? This is just a shot in the dark but I'm of the opinion that Vince believes that WWE's future is beyond secure, that it's such an established brand and force that he doesn't have to worry about making modern stars look as prominent as AE era stars. I think he feels that fans are going to tune in regardless and he's probably right because he knows that there's no other wrestling promotion on Earth that can even remotely touch WWE in terms of being a competitor. He'd deny it of course, just like he said on the infamous Stone Cold podcast interview that it was never about what he wanted and that it was all about the fans.
No actually. Vince did this because Vince cares only about specific wrestlers. These wrestlers include Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman. Braun Strowman is set to face Kane. So in order for Strowman to look strong after this, he has to beat a strong Kane. That's why Kane beat Balor who had just defeated Styles.

Bad desicion? Yes. I'd actually call it short-sighted. Kane didn't really neeed that. That match shouldn't have actually taken place. You can book Demon King vs Demon Kane and you give out this match on TV? Horrendous.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-26-2017, 07:25 PM
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.'s Avatar
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is offline
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Age: 21
Posts: 1,236
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
The large roster is part of the problem, but booking is ultimately to blame.

Yes, WWE can be good (and really good) at times. Yes, I still watch the product (not EVERY show but mostly).

However at the end of the day, my opinion doesn't matter. The fans really don't matter. It's all about what Vince wants.

Look no further than Roman Reigns. He's maybe the most hated face of all time, yet he's about to headline his fourth straight WrestleMania.

Jinder Mahal is WWE Champion on the same roster that has AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens, and Randy Orton.

These are just two examples, and there are many others. You can say it's no big deal, but when you got empty seats and lower ratings than ever before, then there is a problem. I don't see it getting any better unless Vince changes his mindset and starts listening to fans more.
Here's the deal though. The fans react. They reacted big time to Cena vs Reigns, they boo Mahal, they cheer for Brock and chant Suplex City. They want to see Lesnar spam 15 suplexes and hit 1 F5 to win, against any opponent.

They are drawing double tickets compared to previous years, ever since the brand split happened.

However there seems to be a big difference between the fans who attend the events and the fans who watch at home. Roman gets booed at arenas, fans are bored by him at home, but he's their #1 seller. How can that be?

People react to Mahal and constantly chant USA! USA! and boo him.

Fans react to anything that's being pushed as a main event. They're like sheeps. And they follow anything that's pushed as a main event. However these main eventers don't bring in new audience. So WWE's whole policy is react in any way or leave, instead of being stay or don't react at all, if you get what I'm saying.

If Mahal was competing in mute crowds, then Vince would get the message. Same goes for Roman.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-26-2017, 09:23 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,356
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Like mention above, the fans in the arena will react to the main event talents so while the tv viewers find guys like reigns and mahal boring, in the arenas they get reactions so that's how they feel who works and who don't work. If fans would sit on their hand then vince would stop pushing them and would move on the next guy on the list.

In the end, we have the ultimate power on who they push and who they don't push. The more we react to a performer, the more they wil get behind them. Wins and lost don't really matters to them, it's all about characters and how much of a connection thoses characters have with the fans.

So while, they could have use anybody to lose to kane on monday, they needed a big name that fans cared about to lose to kane to make him look strong going into his feud with strowman. Balor is pretty much on standby right now until they can continue and conclude his feud with bray wyatt. When wyatt returns, balor will go back to winning and made to look strong going into his match with lesnar at the rumble.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices