WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-17-2017, 07:25 AM

Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Casting your Dream Wrestling Biopic

It's probably never gonna happen but if there was ever gonna be a movie adaptation of a professional wrestling event, the dynamic between Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, especially the events surrounding the Montreal Screwjob, and how their lives and careers intertwined from the 1990's all the way to 2010 would be my choice.

It just has all the potential to be a solid biopic, if they adapt it faithfully without worrying about portraying someone a certain way or not hurting someone's feelings. Which again, is why I think it will never happen. The amount of people who would butt heads is just way too much.

I also realize some of these actors may be too old, which I think is fitting since what I'm looking for is a period of around two decades. Makeup/CGI nowadays can amazingly make actors look really younger.

That said, my cast would be:

Viggo Mortensen for Bret Hart

(edited scene but you get the gist)

Christian Bale for Shawn Michaels

Michael Douglas for Vince McMahon

Sea Bean for Triple H

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:43 AM

tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'd like to see a movie covering Sputnik Monroe. Dude was constantly harassed and arrested by police for having the audacity to hang out in black night clubs(while wearing a purple cape and carrying a diamond tipped cane, ofc) and who would then hire black attorneys to defend him. He was a white guy who earned tremendous popularity among minorities(as a heel, no less) and then used his celebrity to end segregation at many wrestling events throughout the south. He refused to work segregated cards and his efforts showed promoters they could make a lot of money while doing the right thing.

Sorry, but I'm not hip on the current actors so can't really say who would be best for the various roles.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:13 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

So Triple H dies????

In all seriousness, I'm not too familiar with actors and names and can't really cast a crew, but a Stone Cold biopic, starring Tom Hardy, I think would be brilliant.

From his dark days in WCW, to King of the Ring, to WM13 to the neck injury, to WM14, to 1999 all the way to the night before WM19, where Austin fainted. Plus issuess with his personal life, his role as a locker room leader and his relationship with Owen Hart.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:32 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

-Life of The Nature Boy-

Starring Owen Wilson

The life of The Nature Boy, Ric Flair in different stages of his career. Using heavy make up and effects they could do it. Owens would have to amplify his performance with shouting and showing a more wilder side to his acting...but I'm sure he could pull it off. Flair' s career on screen and off would have so many great moments that the movie would have to be 8 hours long.

"Wow....I mean, wooooo!"

RMK
Old 10-18-2017, 11:33 AM

Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmoon View Post
I'd like to see a movie covering Sputnik Monroe. Dude was constantly harassed and arrested by police for having the audacity to hang out in black night clubs(while wearing a purple cape and carrying a diamond tipped cane, ofc) and who would then hire black attorneys to defend him. He was a white guy who earned tremendous popularity among minorities(as a heel, no less) and then used his celebrity to end segregation at many wrestling events throughout the south. He refused to work segregated cards and his efforts showed promoters they could make a lot of money while doing the right thing.

Sorry, but I'm not hip on the current actors so can't really say who would be best for the various roles.
Oh I wasn't familiar with his story. It's possible that I've heard his name before, but I'm pretty sure I've never known who he was in detail.

Very fascinating, definitely fits an Oscar-bait Hollywood production too.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
-Life of The Nature Boy-

Starring Owen Wilson

The life of The Nature Boy, Ric Flair in different stages of his career. Using heavy make up and effects they could do it. Owens would have to amplify his performance with shouting and showing a more wilder side to his acting...but I'm sure he could pull it off. Flair' s career on screen and off would have so many great moments that the movie would have to be 8 hours long.

"Wow....I mean, wooooo!"
Owen Wilson would be so perfect for that role if he puts on the weight, can't believe I didn't see it before myself until you pointed it out.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:01 PM
Big Sexy Cool
ROH Pure Champion

Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...

Bret Hart.

Enough drama has taken place in his life to warrant a movie about him. His life is a tragic tale on the rise and fall of a hero to millions.

Can start with him growing up and training in The Hart Dungeon to his runs in Stampede Wrestling and the WWF where you can cover the Hogan, Vince and Michaels issues, the Montreal Screwjob to WCW, Owen's death, to his stroke in 2002 and end it with his comeback to the WWE in 2010. There's so much events in his life you can bring up in a biopic about him.

As for cast, there's many characters I would include in this film from Vince, Shawn, Hart Foundation, Stu and Helen, Hogan, Bischoff, Austin, Taker, Goldberg etc. Would take me a lot of time to think up who could play them.

The only ones I have in mind at the moment are Owen Wilson playing Owen Hart and Harrison Ford playing Vince McMahon. I love the idea of the Austin biopic and Tom Hardy playing Austin. At one time maybe I would have cast Don Johnson as Bret but he's older now. Maybe Tom Cruise could play Bret and Brad Pitt play Shawn. I really don't know but a biopic on Bret would be really interesting.