WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-25-2017, 08:58 AM
The Legend
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

rokuma is looking to come up from OCW...rokuma is looking to come up from OCW...rokuma is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via ICQ to rokuma Send a message via AIM to rokuma

First of all, this is really sad about Jeff Jarrett. It seems like he's on a horrible downward spiral. It was alleged that he was intoxicated at AAA Triplemania and now, over the weekend RCW claims that Jarrett showed up intoxicated, continued drinking through the show, passed out, and tried to wrestle. Obviously, there's something awful going on.

As for Impact Wrestling, they're in quite a bind. They don't legally own Global Force Wrestling, so it looks like they're just falling back as Impact Wrestling. If I were Anthem, I think I'd take this opportunity to either A) Bring back the "TNA" name (which is by far the most recognizable name regardless of the stigma and has all of their history attached to it) or B) rebrand again with a completely new name, new show, etc. Since they've gone ahead with the Global Wrestling Network, maybe something like Global Championship Wrestling and rename Impact and Xplosion.

Rebrand completely too: New sets, ditch the six-sided ring, which is a nice novelty, but really does nothing for the product, and just be a new promotion with existing talent. Move the show out of Orlando and into New York (where TNA has traditionally done excellent) or into Canada, where Anthem HQ is located. Also, I would emphasize the word "wrestling" in everything I did to establish that this isn't "sports entertainment" like WWE tries to be. Be different, be unique, establish an identity, and see if you can build on something. This could be a great opportunity for this company if they go after it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:27 PM

GhettoV1 is looking to come up from OCW...

If BFG and the five day tapings do well then Anthem can blow up the whole brand and start from scratch. IMO I think the upcoming six days in that barn is GFW/ Impact Wrestling's last chance to impress the owners.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote