WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-28-2017, 09:17 AM
Has Ascended
WWE Diva's Champion

Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via Skype™ to Undying

Jinder Mahal is what made me tune out of Smackdown completely. He won the title, I watched a few weeks after that just to give a chance, and it bombed. How in the world did someone read Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton and think "wow that match should get 3 pay per view main events!" Such snoozefests. I stated I don't watch Smackdown anymore but I still watch the pay per views. Also think about this: Jinder Mahal was the first one to pin Shinsuke Nakamura on the main roster. I really hope WWE wakes up and just has Shinsuke knee Jinder's head off in about 5 seconds at Hell in a Cell for the title.

Baron Corbin is shit and it's crazy the best midcard they can come up with is Styles vs Corbin/Dillinger. Owens vs Styles had potential, but they dragged it out too long with too many matches and it never quite hit that gear we all expected it to. Re-doing Rusev's rampage with the US title and Chad Gable eventually dethroning him for America sounds a lot better, move Styles back to the WWE title where he belongs. Unless they are saving Nakamura vs Styles for WrestleMania (understandable) I'm not sure why Owens, Zayn, Styles, Nakamura, Orton can't be tearing the main event scene up. Though judging by WWE in recent months, we will probably get Styles vs Nakamura on a random Smackdown in December.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:25 PM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Money in the Bank should be the reason why people don't follow Smackdown! anymore.

Your MITB winners are Carmella and Baron Corbin the least deserving people from their respective MITB matches. And your WWE World Champion is Jinder Mahal.

I would like to think WWE is trying to save their big money matches at WM like Nakamura vs. Styles but that's still a long ways away to hope you will get a program like this.

Of course it didn't help that your Smackdown! Main Event at WM was Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt.

Roster wise Smackdown isn't too bad when you have Styles, Nakamura, Owens, Orton, Sami Zayn, Rusev, and Bobby Roode but when your top guy is Jinder and he's the main focus of the brand it does bring the product down.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

There is certainly a dearth of talent on the Blue Brand. I never considered SD the lesser brand for the first year or so but after they let Cena walk over to Raw it became clear that Vince is putting more resources in to the Red Brand. That's not to say SD is bad. At times it is still more entertaining than Raw. Not consistently like last year but still sometimes more entertaining. I'm not even sure which is the better show right now, both have their flaws and successes but I certainly see the OP's point. Raw is clearly the more important brand. When a milquetoast guy like Corbin is so high up the card you can see where problems may arise. Throw in the length of time Jinder has spent with the title and SD feels kind of exhausted.

I don't know what the answer is. Roode has an opportunity to entertain. I'm one of the few that likes what Ziggler is doing. AJ is still AJ like Charlotte is still Charlotte. This Owens/Shane feud has worked. But Jinder has gotten stale, other than his music Nakamura doesn't really feel like he is doing the right thing. Tye Dillinger feels like Sami's lesser self. I'm not sure what happened to the Fashion Files. Weren't they supposed to reveal something about a month ago? I could watch New Day and the Usos fight forever but at the same time I totally understand why people feel like New Day and the Usos have been fighting forever. I wish they had a team to pick up the load and let The New Day take on more singles matches/feuds. I really dont like Elias' shtick, and that Vaudvillian guy is more boring than him.

Maybe it is the change in the announce team that has taken away from my enjoyment. Nah, I don't really pay attention to announcing.

But yeah, there are problems.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 09-28-2017, 08:39 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Smackdown was a lot better before the Shakeup. They haven't done anything right here lately.

Jinder is a jobber and awful at everything but has somehow been WWE Champion for over 4-5 months. Orton has been boring since he left the Wyatts. Corbin was buried. Zayn has done nothing. Rusev is just an evil foreigner and not very interesting without Lana. Nakamura hasn't done much. Harper and Rowan have done nothing. Roode hasn't done much. Ziggler is... well Ziggler.

You can say I'm just hating on the product, but I don't see how you could argue against anything said above.

Regardless the bright spots are Owens, Styles, the New Day, and the Usos, but you can only do them feuds so many times until no one cares. We're well past that point.

I also completely forgot about the women, which shows you what they've done. You got Becky and Charlotte doing nothing while Naomi and Natalya have been champion.

The entire company is a mess right now. Obviously the writing needs to get better, but that goes without saying. I'm not really sure what they can do outside of that.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:38 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Smackdown has definitely had a decrease in quality in recent months. That doesn't mean I would call it empty. From the start of the new brand split up until around when Jinder won the title it was by a far margin the better show. I am not blaming Jinder entirely, however that was when the quality went down drastically compared to previously. Some might argue it was earlier than this, but I thought the blue brand was great through Wrestlemania. Jinder's been a horrible World Champion and there is no way around it. I tried to give him a chance. He sucks plain and simple. He sucked in 3MB and even if you ignore his time as a jobber he's still done nothing to justify this title reign. The only good thing about it has been laughing at his two sidekicks when they get attacked by challengers like Orton in matches. In the women's division we had to endure a Naomi reign as Smackdown Women's Champion which was downright painful to sit through. Her matches with Lana are contenders for the worst matches of the year. How Becky and Charlotte have gone so long without holding the title is beyond me.

At least the midcard and tag team scene have both been doing well. Styles has been doing an awesome job with the US Championship making it a prestigious and relevent belt. Say what you will about Owens VS Styles and New Day VS The Usos. They have been entertaining feuds. I'd like to see Breezango get another shot at the belts though other than that the Smackdown undercard has been fun to watch. My theory is that Vince may have purposefully "sabotaged" (for lack of better words) Smackdown to make it to where Raw looks that much more like the clear "A Show". I wouldn't say that the blue brand is empty at all. Is it as good as it was a year ago? Nope. Not at all. It's still the more fun brand to watch compared to Raw. The red brand has a better women's division and that's about it. Smackdown's still better in everything else. They have a full-time World Champion. Yes Jinder sucks, he still defends the title monthly at least. They have a tag team division that's not primarily made up of singles stars pushed together. They don't have Roman Reigns. I could go on. Smackdown remains the better brand. If Shinsuke and Charlotte win the World Heavyweight and Smackdown Women's Championships respectively, it will only continue to get better.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:34 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

It's pretty clear who got the best of the Superstar Shakeup last time. And maybe that was to re-strengthen Raw as the top Brand. Which is all fine and good but clearly some tweaks could be made to make both products flourish.

Raw = The Roman Reigns Show (whether you like it or not it is what it is). So after Survivor Series WWE should do this....

To Raw -
1) AJ Styles - he's almost gotten stale for Smackdown (Maybe and IC run on Raw?)
2) Rowan & Harper (Wyatt Family needs to get back together w/Bo Dallas to)
3) Jinder Mahal (a monster type challenger for Reigns, he needs more of these).
4) Charlotte (Charlotte vs. Asuka at Mania should be booked)
5) Randy Orton (adds credible depth to the top of the roster)
6) The Usos (more depth to the tag division)
7) Chad Gable (re-unite American Alpha)

To Smackdown
1) The Miz (he deserves a Main Event Push, he won't get it on Raw)
2) Finn Balor (he will never be champ on Roman's show)
3) Cesaro (he and Sheamus are solid as a tag team but Cesaro deseves the singles push)
4) Samoa Joe (could get better booking on Smackdown for sure)
5) Sasha Banks (let the Boss dominate the division on the B Brand)
6) Anderson & Gallows (could be booked much better on Smackdown)
7) Neville (he's ready to leave the Cruiserweight Division)

Imagine a Mania Card with.....
Reigns vs. Lesnar (Universal Title)
Nakamura vs. Miz (WWE Title)
Cena vs. Stroman
Charlotte vs. Asuka
Balor vs. Roode (US Title)
Rollins/Ambrose vs. The Hardy's
New Day vs. Owens/Zayn
Old 09-30-2017, 10:16 PM

adam is looking to come up from OCW...adam is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm not sure another roster shake up would really matter for there is good talent on SD Live but for the most part, it's roster of smaller guys with all of the
larger guys on Raw. Raw has the #1 attraction in the company in Braun Strowman.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:55 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencesc11 View Post
It's pretty clear who got the best of the Superstar Shakeup last time. And maybe that was to re-strengthen Raw as the top Brand. Which is all fine and good but clearly some tweaks could be made to make both products flourish.

Raw = The Roman Reigns Show (whether you like it or not it is what it is). So after Survivor Series WWE should do this....

To Raw -
1) AJ Styles - he's almost gotten stale for Smackdown (Maybe and IC run on Raw?)
2) Rowan & Harper (Wyatt Family needs to get back together w/Bo Dallas to)
3) Jinder Mahal (a monster type challenger for Reigns, he needs more of these).
4) Charlotte (Charlotte vs. Asuka at Mania should be booked)
5) Randy Orton (adds credible depth to the top of the roster)
6) The Usos (more depth to the tag division)
7) Chad Gable (re-unite American Alpha)

To Smackdown
1) The Miz (he deserves a Main Event Push, he won't get it on Raw)
2) Finn Balor (he will never be champ on Roman's show)
3) Cesaro (he and Sheamus are solid as a tag team but Cesaro deseves the singles push)
4) Samoa Joe (could get better booking on Smackdown for sure)
5) Sasha Banks (let the Boss dominate the division on the B Brand)
6) Anderson & Gallows (could be booked much better on Smackdown)
7) Neville (he's ready to leave the Cruiserweight Division)

Imagine a Mania Card with.....
Reigns vs. Lesnar (Universal Title)
Nakamura vs. Miz (WWE Title)
Cena vs. Stroman
Charlotte vs. Asuka
Balor vs. Roode (US Title)
Rollins/Ambrose vs. The Hardy's
New Day vs. Owens/Zayn
Love the idea but by doing that you're are taking what'S left of the star power on smackdown and replacing it with stale performers.

AJ Styles is pretty much the reason why people loved watching Smackdown over Raw every week, he's the top babyface on Smackdown, why would you send him to Raw where he would be just another guy on the roster.

Jinder is better on a smaller roster and can be a pretty descent mid card heel when his run as WWE champion is over so i would keep him on smackdown as well.

Charlotte as been a better character on smackdown then raw because she not over expose on smackdown and it's better for her to stay on smackdown then raw.

Orton, just bring the star power that smackdown needs right now so i would only trade him if smackdown get Cena on a more permanent bases.

Personally instead of trading Harper and rowan to raw, i would trade bray to smackdown. Bray as been lost since being sent to raw and smackdown would be a better fit especially if you have rowan and harper back with him.

I wouldn't mind the uso's changing brand mostly because they pretty much face everybody on smackdown and it would make new matches for them on raw.

Chad gable, personally i'm starting to really loves american alpha 2.0 with shelton benjamin and i would love to see this team go on so as much as i liked the original version with jason jordan, i don'T want to see the new version split up quite yet so would get him on smackdown for now.

As for your raw list

Miz is one of the highlight of Raw and he's pretty much the only guy that can make Angle entertaining right now so let's keep him on raw for now.

Finn Balor, like the guy, a really great hand and good give some great matches down the line with reigns but i rather see him go to smackdown and try to get the wwe title then go for the universal title on smackdown so i agree with you that finn could be a good fit on smackdown plus you could do the aj styles vs finn balor match that pretty much everybody in the IWC as dream of since both guy join WWE.

Cesaro, either let him stay on raw or switch him to smackdown with Sheamus. At this point cesaro as proven that he'S a better tag team wrestler then a single star and they could have some great matches with some of the smackdown teams. The last thing i want for Cesaro is being another sami zayn on smackdown because they don't have anything for him as far as a single run is concern so either send both sheamus and cesaro to smackdown or keep them on raw but don't split them up.

Joe, at his age with the amount of injury he as i think he could be a great hand in the main event level on either Raw or Smackdown, again it depends on who you replace him with on raw. i could see him go to smackdown and send somebody like corbin or rusev to replace him on raw but again you need stars on raw to feud with Reigns and Joe can be somebody that could have a good match with reigns.

Sasha banks, you need to turn her heel as soon as she shows up on smackdown. The boss character works better as a heel then a babyface and like i mention with charlotte earlier, don't have her be the focus of the show, that's why she'S starting to get booed on raw, because she been over exposed and fans are finally getting sick of her.

Anderson & Gallows, yes why not, they could reform a edgy babyface version of the club with Aj Styles and i think this would be interesting especially if you put them in a feud with the wyatt.

Neville. Keep him in the cruiserweight division, he'S good in that role and at less he's a major star in that division, if you take him out, he's right back to being a forgotten character even if they send him to smackdown.

So personally, here who i think should switch brand after survivor series if they do want to do another shakeup.

to Raw

1. the uso's: you need to shakeup both tag division and sending the uso's to raw would accomplish that

2. American alpha 2.0 (Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin), i think you have some potential with this team and sending them on raw would make sense plus you would get the natural feud between Jordan and gable.

3. Baron Corbin: The guy as a great upside to him and he'S been lost in the shuffle on smackdown, sending him to raw would give another option as a big monster heel that Reigns could compete with.

4. Becky Lynch: i think it's time to have her change brand, she still has some star power and you could have some really good match with asuka and other in that division plus you still have the un resolve feud she had with Emma before Emma got injured last year.

5. Tye dillinger: He's pretty doing the same thing that he's ben doing in NXT which is being the popular job guy, i think sending him to raw and maybe put him in the cruiserweight division would help his career. The guy is to much over to be wasted on in that role.

6. Bobby roode: Again nothing against him but if you send him to raw, modify his theme song so that the fans don't want to sing along with it and have him be just the really old school type of heel, they actually got somebody that can be a top guy on raw and maybe get a run as universal champion.

7. Carmella and James Ellworth: i think it would be fun to see them both leave smackdown with the briefcase and go to Raw then try to cash in the briefcase on the raw women's champion. Plus, when Cass comes back, they could put them together and be this power couple that threat Ellsworth like they slave until they finally just get rid of Ellsworth altogether.

To Smackdown

1. Samoa Joe: Joe like mention before is a asset to either brand but his best day are behind him so, he could be big help as a top guy on either brand but i would love to see him on smackdown just so we could get another aj vs joe match

2. Finn balor: again same as joe. He doesn't have a lot of years left on his career but can pretty much deliver as a main event caliber wrestler plus i rather see him go for the big belt then the red belt.

3. Bray Wyatt: Pretty much just because i would love to see him back with Harper and rowan plus he's always been a better character as the leader of a group then as a single star.

4. Sasha banks: bring her in as a heel and don't put her on tv every week. If she not the focal point of the division she could be a top character in that division.

5. Anderson and Gallows: mostly so that you can reform The Club with Aj Styles.

6. The Hardy's: The smackdown tag team division really need a boost and when Jeff comes back you can do the dream match between the hardy's and the new day.

7. Mickie James: i think right now, if you're a veteran especially in the women's division, you're better off being on smackdown because you will get more exposure on smackdown then raw. Mickie does have some good years left on her career and it would be sad to see them wasted on Raw where she's not being use at all.

So that's how i think WWE should shakeup the roster if they really want to do a roster shakeup, you don't move you're key guys on each brand but you replace some of the underneath characters that are becoming stale on their respective brand.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

Your probably right about Miz staying put. It's just a shame he has no shot at the Universal Title as long as he's on the same show as Reigns & Cena.

Moving Wyatt back to Smackdown is a great idea to. They could move Balor and The Club to and start a Wyatt Family vs. Club Feud. That would help ratings for sure!!! Maybe add Corbin to the Wyatt Family and then you would have Bray, Corbin, Harper, & Rowan vs. Styles, Balor, Anderson, & Gallows!!!

And Banks as the top heel of Smackdown is a no-brainer for sure!!!