WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-26-2017, 02:59 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Goldie is looking to come up from OCW...Goldie is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeenanGorilla View Post
It was Barbarian and he entered 10 seconds early...though they did post the countdown, they started the countdown 10 seconds early. They weren't down as long as you remember.

Those reasons for preferring the '92 Rumble are fine, but I wouldn't call it Sid turning on Hogan. That happened later on SNME. In the Rumble, Sid simply eliminated Hogan in an every-man-for-himself battle royal for the championship. It was only presented as a "betrayal" because of Hogan's crybaby nonsense. Sid, even in kayfabe, did nothing wrong.
Rude definitely did- he was one of my favourite heels! maybe it was Barbarian who entered early when it was Hogan-Warrior both laid down... but Rude definatley entered early too.
However the fact it happened twice in one Rumble showed that there was a lack of action at that particular point.
As a whole I enjoyed the 1990 Rumble- just it wasn't paced the way later Rumbles have become... a big build-up of wrestlers in the ring at the finale.

And with Sid- .... whilst Sid did eliminate Hogan falrly- Gorilla on commentary was already painting Sid as the villain- alluding to what would become at SNME.
I had a WWF annual or magazine at the time- that was leading up to Wrestlemania 8.... in the Sid vs Hogan feature it ran a story of Sid fooling the WWE audience by saying he was a good natured boy who grew up in a farm... by betraying his friend Hogan in the Rumble and how he could no longer be trusted.
Though I agree it was fair and square at the Rumble.... they publicised it as such to protect Hogans babyface image and cast Sid the bad guy

Last edited by Goldie : 09-26-2017 at 03:12 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:13 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
Rude definitely did- he was one of my favourite heels! maybe it was Barbarian who entered early when it was Hogan-Warrior both laid down... but Rude definatley entered early too.
However the fact it happened twice in one Rumble showed that there was a lack of action at that particular point.
As a whole I enjoyed the 1990 Rumble- just it wasn't paced the way later Rumbles have become... a big build-up of wrestlers in the ring at the finale.

And with Sid- .... whilst Sid did eliminate Hogan falrly- Gorilla on commentary was already painting Sid as the villain- alluding to what would become at SNME.
I had a WWF annual or magazine at the time- that was leading up to Wrestlemania 8.... in the Sid vs Hogan feature it ran a story of Sid fooling the WWE audience by saying he was a good natured boy who grew up in a farm... by betraying his friend Hogan in the Rumble and how he could no longer be trusted.
Though I agree it was fair and square at the Rumble.... they publicised it as such to protect Hogans babyface image and cast Sid the bad guy
Haha! I don't remember that, but I believe you. How silly.

Also, if you haven't already done so, try to find the actual crowd reaction to Sid eliminating Hogan and the edited version. The actual reaction was cheers, as Hogan's act was growing tired. In fact, Hogan tried to get the crowd behind him in the ring after Flair left and the fans weren't having it. Afterwards, WWE added the audio of boos and "Hogan!" cheers, along with having Monsoon re-record his call. Pathetic.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:14 PM

Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...

I've been meaning to watch the 1991 and 1992 Rumbles again for a good little while now. I've seen the 92 one so many times, the last time syncing up the Ric Flair commentary which was a really good and fun thing to do.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:56 AM

Goldie is looking to come up from OCW...Goldie is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeenanGorilla View Post
Haha! I don't remember that, but I believe you. How silly.

Also, if you haven't already done so, try to find the actual crowd reaction to Sid eliminating Hogan and the edited version. The actual reaction was cheers, as Hogan's act was growing tired. In fact, Hogan tried to get the crowd behind him in the ring after Flair left and the fans weren't having it. Afterwards, WWE added the audio of boos and "Hogan!" cheers, along with having Monsoon re-record his call. Pathetic.
Yes I heard that before- the infamous WWF dubbing machine for the video releases.... much like the 1994 Rumble when the crowd were cheering Bret and booing Luger as the win was teased to each guy first, before beingd elcared co-winners

At the '92 aftermath you can see Sid pointing to people in the crowd who are cheering for Sid.... but kayface prevails and we are instructed to believe that Hogan is still the hero in the situation who was wrong done by
Old 10-02-2017, 10:59 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
Yes I heard that before- the infamous WWF dubbing machine for the video releases.... much like the 1994 Rumble when the crowd were cheering Bret and booing Luger as the win was teased to each guy first, before beingd elcared co-winners

At the '92 aftermath you can see Sid pointing to people in the crowd who are cheering for Sid.... but kayface prevails and we are instructed to believe that Hogan is still the hero in the situation who was wrong done by
Yeah, I think it was a "Hulk Who?" banner that Sid was pointing to, if I remember correctly. Haha!

I don't like the re-dubbed entrances, where they have to swap songs for legal reasons and have Howard Finkel redo the announcements, but I understand why they exist. But, the changing just to fit their agenda, that has always bugged me. I mean, this was 1992. I think we can honestly portray what happened and not have it affect their business now, ya know? Doing it THEN was bad enough, but I could understand (though completely disagree with) the notion that it could negatively affect their business. But, why not have the legit crowd reaction on the Network? Do they think it will hurt Hulk's merchandise sales? ahh well... no big deal, I guess.