WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-01-2017, 06:02 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Just watched Kenny Omega's United States Championship defense against Juice Robinson. Really liked the match a lot. I never knew that Juice is this good. I wonder if he ever got an opportunity to showcase it in NXT. But he's actually a good wrestler as proven by his performances until now. Don't really get why this name but I am surely impressed. Just wondering who will dethrone Omega. Tanahashi? Or you could actually do Cody Vs. Kenny Omega at Wrestle Kingdom for both the titles.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:33 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

If New Japan intends to continue its slow expansion into the United States, then I think they should try to keep the US title on Omega for a while. Omega has been the most high profile Caucasian wrestler outside of WWE in 2017 and, frankly, I think more American fans will respond to an American as US Champion at such a stage than a Japanese wrestler. If ROH is helping with said expansion, then having matches like Omega vs. Tanahashi at one of their marquee shows could be a big deal as Tanahashi is someone who'd prove a worthy challenger, someone who can give Omega a strong match, lose and not lose face from the loss considering how long he was the top dog in New Japan.

A lot depends on what Omega's ultimate plans are. Omega wants to be IWGP Heavyweight Champion and if that's something he feels may not be in the cards, then he might pursue other options. I could see Omega spending much of next year helping New Japan establish more of a foothold in the United States, dropping the title to someone, then resume his pursuit of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship that culminates in a win at one of the bigger shows, possibly Wrestle Kingdom in 2019.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 10-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
If New Japan intends to continue its slow expansion into the United States, then I think they should try to keep the US title on Omega for a while. Omega has been the most high profile Caucasian wrestler outside of WWE in 2017 and, frankly, I think more American fans will respond to an American as US Champion at such a stage than a Japanese wrestler. If ROH is helping with said expansion, then having matches like Omega vs. Tanahashi at one of their marquee shows could be a big deal as Tanahashi is someone who'd prove a worthy challenger, someone who can give Omega a strong match, lose and not lose face from the loss considering how long he was the top dog in New Japan.

A lot depends on what Omega's ultimate plans are. Omega wants to be IWGP Heavyweight Champion and if that's something he feels may not be in the cards, then he might pursue other options. I could see Omega spending much of next year helping New Japan establish more of a foothold in the United States, dropping the title to someone, then resume his pursuit of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship that culminates in a win at one of the bigger shows, possibly Wrestle Kingdom in 2019.
I agree that Kenny Omega would be more apt for the American audience as United States Champion.

About his IWGP World Heavyweight Championship pursuit, I don't know why but I feel that NJPW wants him to win the title in USA itself. Probably next year at a big PPV. It would surely help NJPW to grow its fan following in USA.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:53 PM

Tsunaru is looking to come up from OCW...Tsunaru is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm still guessing it'll be Ibushi challenging Omega for the title at Wrestle Kingdom. They teased it before the G1, and teased it some more after Omega lost the finals, so I can easily see them going with it.

Speaking of Wrestle Kingdom, tickets are now on sale. Got my flight and hostel booked, but the site they're using for gaijin to book WK tickets doesn't include Arena A or Royal Seat tickets, so I'm holding off on getting those. I'll probably get one of my friends in Tokyo to pick me up one of those.
3) AJ Styles (WWE)
4) Kevin Owens (WWE)
5) Asuka (NXT)
Old 10-27-2017, 03:19 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunaru View Post
I'm still guessing it'll be Ibushi challenging Omega for the title at Wrestle Kingdom. They teased it before the G1, and teased it some more after Omega lost the finals, so I can easily see them going with it.

Speaking of Wrestle Kingdom, tickets are now on sale. Got my flight and hostel booked, but the site they're using for gaijin to book WK tickets doesn't include Arena A or Royal Seat tickets, so I'm holding off on getting those. I'll probably get one of my friends in Tokyo to pick me up one of those.
Have Omega and Ibushi faced each other before? Nonetheless, that match would be surely good since both of them are very good wrestlers. I wonder who Hiroshi Tanahashi for InterContinental Championship. Naito is locked with Okada. I don't know why but Cody Vs. Omega could also take place, I guess.

Best Of Luck for your journey. Enjoy Wrestle Kingdom. And do share how it went live.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:45 AM

Tsunaru is looking to come up from OCW...Tsunaru is looking to come up from OCW...

They've faced off numerous times in DDT, but this would be their first singles match in New Japan. They were both in the BOSJ tournament a couple times, but always in separate blocks, and they teased it during the 2015 IWGP title match between Ibushi and Styles, but nothing came of it.
3) AJ Styles (WWE)
4) Kevin Owens (WWE)
5) Asuka (NXT)
Old 10-29-2017, 12:20 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunaru View Post
They've faced off numerous times in DDT, but this would be their first singles match in New Japan. They were both in the BOSJ tournament a couple times, but always in separate blocks, and they teased it during the 2015 IWGP title match between Ibushi and Styles, but nothing came of it.
Aha. Now I think that Ibushi might be facing Hiroshi Tanahashi for the InterContinental Championship at Wrestle Kingdom. NJPW has been teasing this match a lot. Even more than Omega Vs. Ibushi. I don't know who faces Omega then. Cody could but that would require him or Omega out of Bullet Club which I don't see anytime soon.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:23 PM

Ibushi is already challenging Tanahashi for the Intercontinental title at Power Struggle next week. I imagine that'll be a one and done and then Ibushi will move on to Omega.

Unless he wins the belt. Then its completely up in the air
3) AJ Styles (WWE)
4) Kevin Owens (WWE)
5) Asuka (NXT)
Old 11-05-2017, 09:56 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

And Omega/Ibushi isn't happening for sure. Tanahashi is facing Jay White. Naito with Okada. Scurll against Ospreay, Takahashi and Kushida. Omega with JERICHO of all people. Don't know where Ibushi goes now.

Wrestle Kingdom looks already stacked with these 4 big title fights!
Old 11-05-2017, 10:37 AM
The LD Dweller

Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Holy shit Omega vs Jericho is actually happening!

I don’t know much about Jay White other than he had a pretty cool match against Ospreay a few months ago. Bucks vs RPG3K should be super fun, as should the four way and Naito and Okada will tear the house down.

Hopefully we get Suzuki and Ishii in the mean guy match of the show