How WWE looks like without the part-timers; plus, the strongest card
Just a little game in order to find out what WWE feels like without all those part-timers. In the part-time list are included:
What's the best card you can come up with without those guys? (or any other former WWE star or celebrity)
Singles match for the Cruiserweight Championship
Nevile (face) vs Itami(c) (heel)
Quite possibly the two best cruiserweights WWE can have.
Tag Team match for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship
Sheamus & Cesaro (heels) vs Gable & Benjamin(c) (faces)
This could easily end up being the best match of the entire show, but WWE would put this on the pre-show anyways, so would I.
8-Man Money In The Bank Ladder match
Braun Strowman vs Bobby Roode vs Sami Zayn vs The Miz vs Rusev vs Adam Cole vs Jason Jordan vs Dolph Ziggler
Singles match for the Smackdown's Women's Championship
Nia Jax(c) (heel) vs Asuka (face)
Keeping Asuka undfeated and also giving Nia a hot streak. Have the two streaks collide and you create a money match.
Singles match; maybe for the IC or the US Championship
Kevin Owens (heel) vs Samoa Joe (face)
A hard hitting match. Exactly what an undercard needs.
Singles match; maybe for the IC or the US Championship
Shinsuke Nakamura (face) vs Bray Wyatt (heel)
This could be a great theatrical match. Both guys are way too charismatic and their weird personalities could create something unique.
Extreme Rules Tag Team match for the RAW Tag Team Championship
New Day(c) (heels) vs The Hardy Boys (faces)
The best tag team of the modern era vs one of the best tag teams of the previous era.
Fatal-4-Way match for the RAW Women's Championship
Sasha Banks(c) (heel) vs Becky Lynch (face) vs Bayley (heel) vs Charlotte (face)
The Four Horsewomen colliding. The match sells itself.
No Holds Barred match
Roman Reigns (face) vs Dean Ambrose (heel)
An Ambrose heel turn on Reigns would surely create a great feud. Explanation coming.
Andre the Giant Battle Royal
Singles match for the Universal Championship
Randy Orton(c) (heel) vs Finn Balor (face)
Orton is great at putting over underdog babyfaces. The Viper vs The Demon King.
Singles match for the WWE Championship
AJ Styles(c) (heel) (w/ The Club) vs Seth Rollins
The build-up begins with Shield vs Club. Then Ambrose turns on Roman and the Shield breaks up, thus leading to Roman vs Ambrose and Rollins fighting the Club alone.
That's my card and I think it is a damn good card. I think it is Wrestlemania worthy, too. It reminds me of WM 21 a little bit. However there was one big problem. I had to niptick that card, which means that in order to have a brand split and this card, WWE would need to make plans months in advance, so that the right rosters can be set in stone. Two "superstar shake-ups" per year instead of one, would be needed if the roster was so thin, instead of one. I think the brand split could survive even without the part-timers, but it would require some damn good writing and interesting TV.
Also, one injury screws the whole card, because frankly, everyone is exactly at the spot he should be, so if that person misses that spot due to injury, then the drawing ability of the card drops a lot. I also had to use the MITB concept, the 4 horsewomen and a Shield angle in order to create interest. But that was the strongest card I could think of.
Does this show WWE can do without the part-timers? No. But they're getting there. Because as you can see, the real problem wouldn't lie in creating one strong card, but it lies in creating 20+ strong cards for the rest of the PPVs. The current PPV format would definately not work. The old one might have, where you used to have RAW and SD PPVs, one per month. Or the format they had from 2007 to 2013, because the roster might not lack depth, but it would definately lack star power. So you wouldn't be able to create RAW only cards or SD only cards.
How would your card look like?
What do you think about the notion of "no part-timers"? Would the brand split work? If yes, how? If not, why?
So let's give this a try
Tag team turmoil match for the smackdown tag titles
The ascension vs the hype bros vs breezango vs the uso's vs the new day(c) vs harper and rowan vs Sami Zayn and tye dillinger.
Smackdown woman's championship match
Paige vs charlotte (c) vs Becky Lynch
WWE U.S. title match
Bobby Roode (c) vs Rusev
A.J. Styles vs nakamura
WWE Championship match
Randy Orton vs Drew mcintyre
WWE Intercontinental championship match
The Miz (C) vs Seth Rollins
WWE tag team title match TLC match
The Hardy's (c) vs Gallows and anderson vs The revival vs Cesaro and Sheamus
WWE cruiserweight title match
Kalisto vs Gran mettalik vs Neville(c) vs finn balor
WWE universal championship
Roman reigns vs samoa Joe vs Braun Strowman
Andre The giant battle royal (winner get immunity in the next roster shakeup)
Nxt called up triple threat match (male superstars) (winner gets called up to smackdown)
Andrate ''Cien'' almas vs Kassius Ohno vs Hideo Itami
NXT Called up triple threat match (female superstars) (winner gets called up to Raw
Billie Kay vs Ember Moon vs Peyton Royce
That's my card. I know that's their a lot of multi person match but it was hard to fit in all my favorite guys and girl into single matches so i went with the multi person matches route instead.
As for the brand split, i think that it could pretty much work without any of the part timers it would take a while for fans to get use to this roster but their enough strong name on each roster to really carry both brand if the part timers weren'T there
Elias vs Jason Jordan
- Raw's tag team championships: Sheamus and Cesaro(heel)vs The Revival(face)
- Bray Wyatt vs Braun Strowman
- Raw's women's championship: Sasha(heel) vs Mickie James(face)
- IC championship: The Miz vs Rhyno vs Jeff Hardy vs Samoa Joe
- Seth Rollins(heel) vs Finn Balor(face)
- Cruiserweight championship: Enzo vs Cedric Alexander (w/Titus Worlwide)
- Universal championship: Reigns vs Ambrose(Heel)
- Zack Ryder vs Mike Kanellis
- Mojo Rawley vs Tye Dillinger
- SD Women's championship: Natayla vs Charlotte vs Tamina- battle of the legacies
- SD Tag championships: Usos vs Benjamin and Gable
- Corbin vs Big E (w/Woods&Kofi)
- US championship: AJ Styles vs Luke Harper(heel) vs Eric Rowan(heel)
- Rusev vs Nakamura
- Randy Orton vs Kevin Owens
- Wwe/world championship: Jinder vs Zayn
Both cards look good, imo. Even looking at both cards, I left out quite a few who could easily be on the ppv, like Roode, Ziggler, Matt, Kalisto, Neville, Charlotte, Naomi, Bayley, Bliss, Becky, etc.
I do believe wwe could have a successful brand split without part timers, but more needs to happen. They have the greatest roster of talent in the world, yet it is hard to think of a single moment that will gone down in history with moments like Austin spraying the Mcmahons or Triple H breaking into Orton's home. I don't remember the last time a ppv had something big happen at it(other than a title change) that got people talking. They put so much effort into building up matches with part-timers and put little to no effort in the other matches. I mean, imagine Miz having a "shoot off" with Reigns each week, instead of Cena, and then this week the beat down happen. Miz would be looked at in a greater light and the IC championship match next week would have so much more hype towards it.
Alright so keeping in tact the brand split as it currently stands, here's the best card you can do right now:
Fatal-4-Way Match for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship:
The Usos (c) vs. The Fashion Police vs. Gable & Benjamin vs. The Revival
So at this point you'd have the Usos built as strong tag team champions on SmackDown. The Revival have basically been unable to get out of the gate due to injuries but once they're healthy and good to go I'd bring them back on the SmackDown brand, since SmackDown needs some stronger teams.
Rusev w/Lana vs. Big E
Rusev needs to be paired with Lana again, when he had Lana he was at his best and Lana works way way wayyyyy more as a heel valet than as a shit wrestler. I also think Big E has potential as a singles wrestler due to his antural charisma and athelticism, but he doesn't have to split form New Day for a singles push to happen. The New Day babyface gimmick got his over, so he needs to keep it. The angle here would be that Rusev destroyed one or both of the other New Day guys, and Big E wants payback. Lana would be an awesome promo target for Big E as well, to show off his mic skills. Two atheltic big men, two pwoerhouses, going head to head. I think this feud could really help everyone involved.
Bray Wyatt & Broken Matt Hardy vs. Sheamus & Cesaro AND/OR The Miztourage w/Miz
So Jeff Hardy jsut went down with an injury, meaning Matt no longer has a partner. Bray Wyatt is in limbo with nothing to do and he needs something to revitalize his career after some lackluster feuds and repeated losses on PPV. This is the PERFECT opportunity to do that. Bray Wyatt teams up with Matt Hardy, and brings out Matt's "alternate personality" which is basically the Broken gimmick. You can have them thrown togther somehow in a match, or do some kind of abduction angle, but either way the end result is Broken Brya and Broken Matt teaming. It also gives Jeff a story immediately when he returns.
RAW Women's Championship:
Nia Jax (c) vs. Asuka
Asuka is undefeated, Nia Jax is built as a dominant monster. At this point Nia is the biggest threat you could throw at Asuka. Ideally this amtch happens after Nia's feud with Alexa Bliss has concluded, and she's finally won the belt. Bayley and Sasha are good opponents to feed to Asuka on the main roster, building her up to an eventual title match.
United States Championship:
Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Bobby Roode
The evil foreigner Mahal is a natural fit for the US Title, and honestly Mahal works way better as US Champion than World Champion. So after dropping th belt to Nakamura in the blow off to that feud, I'd have Mahal quickly capture the US Title. Bobby Roode is the top midcard babyface on SmackDown. Self-explanatory.
Triple Threat Match for the SmackDown Women's Championship:
Carmella (c) vs. Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair
Natalya and Charlotte have their feud, which would provide some great matches, then at some point Carmella cashes in MITB to steal the title and set-up the triple threat. Carmella goes over to make the champion look strong.
RAW Tag Team Championship and Intercontinental Championship:
The Shield vs. Bullet Club (Finn Balor, Anderson & Gallows)
With all these part-time guys out of the picture, we need something big as a draw. A SHield reunion, if done properly with the right opponents, could be huge. At the same time, Balor needs something big. He has star potential and I think a Bullet Club reunion on RAW with Anderson and Gallows makes a lot of sense, especially as opponents for the Shield. With Rollins/Ambrose as tag champs, Reigns cpatures the IC title from the Miz. This long term feud with Bullet Club would involve both championships.
WWE Universal Championship, No Holds Barred:
Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman
Two monster guys who have gotten massively over in the last year. Unstoppable force meeting immovable object type of build for the Universal Title. No Holds BArred stip raises the stakes and allows for a more destructive match, palying to Braun's strengths.
WWE World Championship:
Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. AJ Styles
The match everybody wants to see in WWE. It's been teased for months and will eventually happen. Nakamura ultimately beats Mahal to win their feud and take the title. Styles wins the Rumble. Main event set.
Last edited by Sexcellence of Sexecution : 09-29-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Well, since this is pure fantasy booking, I'll go ahead and give it a whirl though it'll possibly be somewhat realistic.
WWE Raw PPV Kickoff Show
1. WWE Cruiserweight Championship #1 Contender's Ladder Match: Johnny Gargano vs. Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne vs. Cedric Alexander vs. Hideo Itami vs. Oney Lorcan - I figure if they're gonna keep the CW Division, put some real effort into it by also putting guys in it that fans care about, can get invested in or already are invested in.
WWE Raw PPV Main Card
1. WWE Universal Championship: Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre - I think this could have the makings of a very physical big man match. McIntyre has developed into a legit talent the past few years and I believe he and Reigns could deliver a strong match. If they ever went ahead to make Reigns a full blown heel, I think fans could rally around McIntyre as a babyface.
2. WWE Intercontinental Championship: The Miz vs. Roderick Strong vs. Aleister Black - There'd be a really fun contrast of styles that I think would mesh really well. Miz also particularly shines in these sort of matches where it's fairly chaotic due to the format of three or fourway dances. The Miz should always be a heel, Strong makes a good blue collar face while everything about Black screams tweener.
3. WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Neville vs. Sami Zayn - Neville is a great heel, he's been a treat for me this year and Zayn is someone that fans really want to see succeed. I'm only putting Zayn in the CW Division because, in my little fantasy world, WWE is actually allowing the Cruiserweights to do what they're supposed to do and is helping to bolster the division with heavy favorites like Zayn so that it doesn't come off like a demotion.
4. WWE Raw Women's Championship No Holds Barred Match - Nia Jax vs. Asuka - I think if they let these two go at it in this setting, it'd be a means of furthering Asuka's reputation as a fierce badass among the women. It's also be a means of leveling the playing field by allowing Jax to play more into her size and strength advantage as she doesn't have the technical or athletic prowess to match Asuka.
5. WWE Raw Tag Team Championship: Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins vs. The Revival - The Raw and SD Tag Team Championship matches over the past few months have been phenomenal and I've little doubt things would work out just fine with Rollins and Ambrose taking on the Revival. Ideally, I'd like Rollins in the main event scene but I'm content with him being in this spot right now as he's making it work.
6. WWE Raw Women's Championship #1 Contender's Falls Count Anywhere Match: Bayley vs. Sasha Banks - They're already slowly teasing the eventual turn of Sasha on Bayley and these two can work magic together if they're given the build and the build is kept serious. It'd be fun to see them fight all over the arena, though I'd have the actual fall go down in the ring.
WWE SmackDown Live PPV Kickoff Show
1. WWE United States Championship #1 Contender's Battle Royal: Kassius Ohno vs. Baron Corbin vs. Tye Dillinger vs. Big E vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev vs. Luke Harper vs. Matt Hardy vs. Apollo Crews vs. Eric Young - A 10 man battle royal could be fun, especially with a nice mix of fresh faces from NXT and some talent being given a fresh start on the blue brand.
WWE SmackDown Live PPV Main Card
1. WWE Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. AJ Styles - I think that this is a bout many are hoping goes down at WrestleMania next year; it's one that I also believe that you can just get a feel for, one that WWE is purposely saving for a particular time.
2. WWE United States Championship: Jinder Mahal vs. Cesaro vs. Sheamus - If Sheamus & Cesaro don't wind up going to SmackDown when/if the next Superstar Shake up goes down as a team, I can see them being strong challengers for the US title. I don't think Jinder would do much better as US Champion, but at least he'd be out of the main event picture as he just doesn't belong there.
3. WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship 2 Out Of 3 Falls Match: The Usos vs. Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin - While it might be early for Benjamin and Gable, the promise of potential is there and if these men are given enough time and told to just go out there and kill it I think.
4. WWE SmackDown Women's Championship 30 Minute Ironman Match: Charlotte Flair vs. Natalya - These two women are capable of delivering a very strong match of this type, they're probably the two most technically sound women on the main roster so the potential is there.
5. WWE Championship Money In The Bank Ladder Match: Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Roode vs. Bray Wyatt - Some pretty big guys in here and not many high flyers but...c'mon...wouldn't you just mark out at the sight of Baun Strowman splashing someone through a table from near the top of a ladder?
6. WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship #1 Contender's Elimination Match: The New Day vs. The Hype Bros. vs. Breezango vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. The Authors of Pain vs. SAnitY - Pretty self explanatory and, again, looks like it could be a lot of fun.
Of course, hardly any of these matches will ever go down, or at least go down under the format I've put them in, but it's fun to fantasize.
"What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."
Conan Of Cimmeria
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|