WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-26-2017, 01:42 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...

I always feel WWE is for the youth of today. I loved WWF when I was a kid. I don't have as much interest in the WWE product today - but it was the coolest thing on earth, for me, when I was a kid. Problem with WWE today is it creates so many TV shows it cannot contain the story telling properly either from an in-ring perspective or a story line/segment basis. The kids do not seem to mind. In fairness, I stopped following WWE properly by 2001. I dip in and out, and enjoy things like Undertaker at WM, or Brock Lesnars feuds with heyman speaking for him, or things like Bret Hart returning or HBK V Taker twice, or The Rock returning, and Golberg returning, but the day to day wwe no longer enthuses me as I imagine it must for kids.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:10 AM
ROH Pure Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

WWE do care about the adult fan, but there is another type of adult that they are catering to besides the (mostly) male wrestling fan.

They are called "parents".

It works like this. A child wants to go to the wrestling to see John Cena. Two problems, the child doesn't have money and can't drive to the arena. This is where Mum or Dad come in. The child hounds the parent to take them to a wrestling show, and often the parent complies to stop the kid whining.

Guess what, WWE have automatically doubled their ticket sales on the spot. Because an adult needs to accompany the child, this means that two tickets need to be bought, not just one.

Furthermore, it might be two children and a parent, or two children and two parents, and so on and so forth. See what is happening? You are increasing your ticket sales straight away.

Look at society, the children and teens are catered to in advertising all the time. Why? Because they are more impressionable and less discerning. They go with "what is cool", and it isn't what they like, it is what their peers like, and they follow. Many companies work on that principle.

Do you know what are the biggest selling movie tickets, other than to sequels, remakes or superhero films? Kids movies! Disney and Pixar have cleaned up with the kiddie films, because adults need to go as well. McDonalds has been doing this for years, by offering toys with McHappy meals, to get the parents to buy for their kids.

Not only do parents buy tickets for their kids, but merchandise as well. I bet a lot of kids hound their parents that they want Cena's cap, shirt and wristbands, and parents, especially in today's society, don't want to say no to their spoiled brats, and WWE clean up as a result.

I remember a show I attended, where, amongst other things being offered to buy, was a piece of paper with John Cena and C.M. Punk's autographs on them. This is a PIECE OF PAPER! The guy in front of me bought this paper for not only one child, but three. They were $90 a pop for a piece of A4 with two people scrawling their names on them, and yet this guy spend almost $200 on it, because his children wanted it. When a fool and his money is parted so easily, no wonder WWE cater to the parent.

Because the parent is a big customer these days, they have to be appeased, which is partly why we now have a PG-era in WWE, rather than "Attitude" (the other reason is because sponsors, advertisers and TV stations don't want to be associated with some of the markings of the "Attitude Era" either, and with society being more PC these days, then Vince has to kowtow to parents who don't want their little cherub corrupted by things that might pollute their fragile little minds).
Old 09-26-2017, 06:51 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
So WWE, in my mind don't cared as much about the adult wrestling fans especially the IWC because they know that no matter what they are going to throw at us, where still going to buy tickets for the tv tapings and PPV, we're still going to pay for the network, we're still going to buy merchandise so they're not scared to lose us, because they know that we need to watch the product just so we can complain about it afterward.
I think I already brought this up with you before. WWE doesn't care what the hardcore, IWC, or Adult fans think because these fans have no other alternative.

There's no WCW, there's not even an ECW. If there was and if most fans are still sick of Roman Reigns and the WCW equivalent had a hot product they would have switched to the competition by now.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:59 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It's very simple. I see WWE to be entertained along with some wrestling as well. If I amn't interested then I will stop watching.

For example, Jinder Mahal. I don't watch WWE Champion anymore. Summerslam's match was the last time I watched the "top" Champion and I will continue ignoring until the title changes hand.

Entertain me, I will watch. Don't, and I will leave. Might seem very mean but I'm not here to see Roman Reigns winning over everyone possible just for those kids or even Vince's stubborn attitude. Forced is never the right way to go. And it applies everywhere. I won't mind to leave seeing WWE if it doesn't entertain me. At this moment, there are plenty of options. IMPACT, ROH, NJPW, Lucha Underground etc are some of the major options.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
It's very simple. I see WWE to be entertained along with some wrestling as well. If I amn't interested then I will stop watching.

For example, Jinder Mahal. I don't watch WWE Champion anymore. Summerslam's match was the last time I watched the "top" Champion and I will continue ignoring until the title changes hand.

Entertain me, I will watch. Don't, and I will leave. Might seem very mean but I'm not here to see Roman Reigns winning over everyone possible just for those kids or even Vince's stubborn attitude. Forced is never the right way to go. And it applies everywhere. I won't mind to leave seeing WWE if it doesn't entertain me. At this moment, there are plenty of options. IMPACT, ROH, NJPW, Lucha Underground etc are some of the major options.
That's a very refreshing point of view in my opinion sadly i feel their not enough people like you that would react that way toward the WWE product, if their we're more people like you maybe WWE would pay attention to The hardcore's or IWC fans but sadly that'S not the case and that's why, they are pushing the guys that the kids like the most because if a kid likes Roman reigns for exemple, he'S going to ask his mom and dad to buy him pretty much every piece of merchandise that they have at the souvenir stand and the parents will buy them. So in the mind of WWE, they're not forcing Reigns in the top spot position because they're core fan base like him and his super over with them. If they would lose more single male fans because they are not listening to them, then maybe this would change but for Now, WWE is a kids product that just so happened to be love by adult as well.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:07 AM
ROH Pure Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
That's a very refreshing point of view in my opinion sadly i feel their not enough people like you that would react that way toward the WWE product, if their we're more people like you maybe WWE would pay attention to The hardcore's or IWC fans but sadly that'S not the case and that's why, they are pushing the guys that the kids like the most because if a kid likes Roman reigns for exemple, he'S going to ask his mom and dad to buy him pretty much every piece of merchandise that they have at the souvenir stand and the parents will buy them. So in the mind of WWE, they're not forcing Reigns in the top spot position because they're core fan base like him and his super over with them. If they would lose more single male fans because they are not listening to them, then maybe this would change but for Now, WWE is a kids product that just so happened to be love by adult as well.
Hey, that's your choice, and I am cool with that.

You need to do what is right for you, and if you aren't entertained anymore, than you would be silly to keep watching. Why waste your time?

But that doesn't mean that WWE is wrong. They have a right to cater to the audience that they feel makes them the most money, and you have a right to decide whether you fit into that group or not.

I get annoyed with those who bag the product, are never positive about it, bag WWE all the time, yet watch every show and then comment on it. If you don't like it, don't watch. Your right. But there are those fans who feel that WWE somehow "owes" them for following them during the Attitude Era, and that they need to be catered to, forever and a day, even at the expense of "new" fans.

I think, in a lot of cases, tastes change, and priorites change. What you liked as a kid isn't what you like as an adult. Let's face it, wrestling is a bit of dress-up and fight. It is a bunch of guys and girls cosplaying and pretending to want to beat the suitcase out of each other. Now, they work hard, and bust their butt in the ring, but too many hardcore fans act like the world is going to end if Roman Reigns becomes WWE Champ.

In the end, you need to enjoy wrestling. If you don't, then find something else to enjoy. But people need to stop putting wrestling issues on par with the nuclear dispute between the U.S. and North Korea. It is a bit of fun and a guilty pleasure. Once it becomes more important than life itself, then you are getting too obsessed.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:57 PM

Delsin Rowe is looking to come up from OCW...

I guess I'm different. I routinely drop WWE/TNA when I don't like the direction they're going.

I used to be a WCW guy when I was a teenager so I missed out on the majority of the Attitude Era. I only started watching WWF when they bought WCW. That didn't last for too long though because I really didn't like Cena and totally dropped WWE for TNA. I didn't even follow WWE at that time. The only CM Punk I know is the guy in that terrible ECW abomination. I skipped Cena's entire career and still don't like the guy.

Once TNA started doing that awful Aces & Eights storyline I dropped TNA all together.

I started watching WWE again when they signed Joe. Actually I just dipped my toes in by watching NXT. Then AJ showed up and I started watching RAW/SD. I dropped WWE again when they put the title on Cena at this past RR. Picked it back up for WM.

I am currently on another hiatus because I find Lesnar boring and Mahal unwatchable. I literally cancelled my network sub within minutes of Nakamura jobbing clean to Mahal. I didn't even bother with the rest of the PPV and haven't watched RAW/SDL since.

I'm a big believer in the old saying "If you don't like what's on TV, change the channel" and I really haven't been enjoying the product the past few months so I don't want to encourage their current direction by giving them money.

I'm hoping things get better after WM so I can pick it up again. I have no interest in watching some kind of ultimate coronation for Reigns. I find the guy really bland.