WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-25-2017, 12:23 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Age: 38
Posts: 1,283
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
So much hype and you get an underwhelming match with some dumb booking. And Obviously, A Roman Reigns fan generalizes while always opposing generalization. I'm happy to not be a fan of pro Wrestling by your ludricious partial statement.

4 AA's couldn't defeat Roman Reigns. 3 F-5's couldn't defeat him. John Cena is no where near Roman Reigns now. Superman Reigns. Finisher Spamming and just that doesn't make a match good.

AJ Styles Vs. John Cena was better. Kazuchika Okada Vs. Kenny Omega was infinitely better.
Thanks for not using my comment as a quote but still taking a shot at me for no apparent reason, truly appreciate.

As for my comment, you know because i did mention it on previous post that i'Ve been a fan of WWE/WWf for 30 years now and that i don't look at booking decision or workrate like most fans in this era does both at how good the story told in the match and how much the crowd get into a match to rate if this was a good match or not. This match did what it was suppose to do and that's take a crowd that truly didn'T care about either man in the match and get them to be on the edge of their seat at every false finish they did and they we're able to do that. Even in the end of the match, fans were actually cheering for reigns when he got the 3 count and them remembered they hated the guy but for a small second, they forgot that they we're suppose to hate reigns.

That's not me generalizing anything, If you really looked and listen to the crowd, that was the match of the night for them, sadly in this era we're the IWC looks more at the workrate then storytelling i guess that kind of stuff his lost on them and that's sad because wrestling isn't all about workrate especially if you're a WWE fans, it'S also about having a connection with the fans and these 2 had one last night, that'S not me being a roman reigns fans, that's me being a WWe fan and a life long WWE fans.

Next time you want to take a shot at me, at less have the decency to use my post instead of being sneaky like you did today.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-25-2017, 02:25 PM
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.'s Avatar
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is offline
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Age: 21
Posts: 1,185
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Killjoy View Post
He gave a very good performance that focused more on his expression and psychology.
My expections were high as they should be, since we were getting the two top superstars at the same ring. However, if you list all the big matches that featured WWE's top two superstars at the same ring, this one goes on last. I just didn't feel emotion, drama or suspense during it. If this was Reigns vs Big Show or Reigns vs Joe I wouldn't have made such a big deal about it. But it was Roman vs Cena and yeah, maybe I was expecting Goku vs Freeza.

I never saw that psychology you said, only at the end of the match. It was more of a segment actually, than a match. I don't know. It just failed to get me invested in it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-25-2017, 02:28 PM
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.'s Avatar
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is offline
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Age: 21
Posts: 1,185
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Thanks for not using my comment as a quote but still taking a shot at me for no apparent reason, truly appreciate.

As for my comment, you know because i did mention it on previous post that i'Ve been a fan of WWE/WWf for 30 years now and that i don't look at booking decision or workrate like most fans in this era does both at how good the story told in the match and how much the crowd get into a match to rate if this was a good match or not. This match did what it was suppose to do and that's take a crowd that truly didn'T care about either man in the match and get them to be on the edge of their seat at every false finish they did and they we're able to do that. Even in the end of the match, fans were actually cheering for reigns when he got the 3 count and them remembered they hated the guy but for a small second, they forgot that they we're suppose to hate reigns.

That's not me generalizing anything, If you really looked and listen to the crowd, that was the match of the night for them, sadly in this era we're the IWC looks more at the workrate then storytelling i guess that kind of stuff his lost on them and that's sad because wrestling isn't all about workrate especially if you're a WWE fans, it'S also about having a connection with the fans and these 2 had one last night, that'S not me being a roman reigns fans, that's me being a WWe fan and a life long WWE fans.

Next time you want to take a shot at me, at less have the decency to use my post instead of being sneaky like you did today.
Sorry to butt in, but that's not true. Many people loved Taker vs HHH at WM 28, Reigns vs Lesnar from WM 31 and Rollins vs HHH from WM 32. Because they had storytelling. They got you hooked. This match didn't do that for me. I never felt suspense during it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-25-2017, 02:29 PM
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.'s Avatar
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is offline
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Age: 21
Posts: 1,185
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

I guess you could say that just like Cena's and Reigns' personalities and connection to the fans, this match was as well.. polarizing.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-26-2017, 03:15 AM
ShinChan's Avatar
ShinChan ShinChan is online now
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: India
Posts: 2,243
ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Thanks for not using my comment as a quote
Your "comment" isn't available to quote anymore. However, you can be ignorant towards it.

Quote:
but still taking a shot at me for no apparent reason, truly appreciate.
Shot? Let's rewind.

You: Anyone who doesn't find this match a five star match ISN'T A PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING FAN!

So, who took a shot? Who in the blue sky are you to say that someone who doesn't like a particular match ISN'T A PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING FAN? If I say so, it's still wrong. I amn't anyone to say that this person is a fan and this person isn't.

Quote:
As for my comment, you know because i did mention it on previous post that i'Ve been a fan of WWE/WWf for 30 years now and that i don't look at booking decision or workrate like most fans in this era does both at how good the story told in the match and how much the crowd get into a match to rate if this was a good match or not.
I'm seeing the match for myself. I don't know anything about work rate. I want to be entertained. I won't see the crowd reaction to judge a match. Sorry but I won't.

Quote:
This match did what it was suppose to do and that's take a crowd that truly didn'T care about either man in the match and get them to be on the edge of their seat at every false finish they did and they we're able to do that. Even in the end of the match, fans were actually cheering for reigns when he got the 3 count and them remembered they hated the guy but for a small second, they forgot that they we're suppose to hate reigns.
Again, that's not the problem. You liked it and I respect that. But don't judge partially when someone doesn't like the same thing you liked. Neither you nor me have a right to say that a particular person isn't a Pro Wrestling fan if he doesn't like this certain match.

Quote:
That's not me generalizing anything, If you really looked and listen to the crowd, that was the match of the night for them, sadly in this era we're the IWC looks more at the workrate then storytelling i guess that kind of stuff his lost on them and that's sad because wrestling isn't all about workrate especially if you're a WWE fans, it'S also about having a connection with the fans and these 2 had one last night, that'S not me being a roman reigns fans, that's me being a WWe fan and a life long WWE fans.
And again about IWC. The match was underwhelming. That was what I felt. I'm not going to base my judgment on IWC. Or you. Or anyone else. I just want to be entertained. Work Rate are some terms I know nothing about and I don't say anything when I don't know about that thing.

Quote:
Next time you want to take a shot at me,
I don't. However someone else judged that I'm not a Pro Wrestling Fan. That deserves a statement.

Quote:
at less have the decency to use my post instead of being sneaky like you did today.
Aha! I get it that you're very decent. And I'm sneaky even when that comment isn't available anymore to quote. Decent guys generalize while opposing generalization. Like you don't like a match then you aren't a Pro Wrestling Fan. How cool and decent...
__________________
Fémının Pro Wrestling
{FPW}
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-26-2017, 06:40 AM
shooter_mcgavin shooter_mcgavin is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,437
shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
That's not me generalizing anything, If you really looked and listen to the crowd, that was the match of the night for them, sadly in this era we're the IWC looks more at the workrate then storytelling i guess that kind of stuff his lost on them and that's sad because wrestling isn't all about workrate especially if you're a WWE fans,
I'm going to call false on this as well.

If this was, as you say, the match of the night by the crowd who are mostly hardcore fans (represented by the IWC), seeing as this was a PPV event, wouldn't that mean you just contradicted yourself?

Also workrate and storytelling goes hand in hand neither are exclusive from each other. These are how you get the best matches like Bret vs Austin at WM13, the Shawn Michaels/Chris Jericho series in 2008, or even the Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens rivalry last year. These were hot programs since they combined great workrate and could tell a story in the ring. The IWC or hardcore crowd ate those matches up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
it'S also about having a connection with the fans and these 2 had one last night, that'S not me being a roman reigns fans, that's me being a WWe fan and a life long WWE fans.
Reigns still hasn't connected to the fans at least not relative to the level or the spot he's in. He headlines three Wrestlemania's and, from what I've, seen there's still a general disinterest in him being the top guy.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-26-2017, 10:14 AM
Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick's Avatar
Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 22
Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

My God was that excessive. Is psychology just gone at this point? Finisher, after finisher, after finisher after finisher, and Roman still kicks out.

The clumsiness of it all bothers me more than the superman booking of Roman. I would have expected more of Cena, who came up in the OVW developmental territory. I get that wrestling's changed but holy shit, the match totally lost me at a certain point.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-26-2017, 04:03 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Age: 38
Posts: 1,283
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
Your "comment" isn't available to quote anymore. However, you can be ignorant towards it.


Shot? Let's rewind.

You: Anyone who doesn't find this match a five star match ISN'T A PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING FAN!

So, who took a shot? Who in the blue sky are you to say that someone who doesn't like a particular match ISN'T A PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING FAN? If I say so, it's still wrong. I amn't anyone to say that this person is a fan and this person isn't.


I'm seeing the match for myself. I don't know anything about work rate. I want to be entertained. I won't see the crowd reaction to judge a match. Sorry but I won't.


Again, that's not the problem. You liked it and I respect that. But don't judge partially when someone doesn't like the same thing you liked. Neither you nor me have a right to say that a particular person isn't a Pro Wrestling fan if he doesn't like this certain match.


And again about IWC. The match was underwhelming. That was what I felt. I'm not going to base my judgment on IWC. Or you. Or anyone else. I just want to be entertained. Work Rate are some terms I know nothing about and I don't say anything when I don't know about that thing.


I don't. However someone else judged that I'm not a Pro Wrestling Fan. That deserves a statement.


Aha! I get it that you're very decent. And I'm sneaky even when that comment isn't available anymore to quote. Decent guys generalize while opposing generalization. Like you don't like a match then you aren't a Pro Wrestling Fan. How cool and decent...
sorry about my first comment on the night of the PPV. It was just me reacting to what i was seeing without thinking, i already apologize to the moderator about it. It happens sometimes that you make mistake in the heat of the moment and i wrote this in the heat of the moment because i just saw something that for me was special and that i never thought i would see in this current era. Again sorry if i offended you or any other fans on this board with the original comment, that wasn't my intention at all.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-26-2017, 05:55 PM
shooter_mcgavin shooter_mcgavin is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,437
shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick View Post
My God was that excessive. Is psychology just gone at this point? Finisher, after finisher, after finisher after finisher, and Roman still kicks out.

The clumsiness of it all bothers me more than the superman booking of Roman. I would have expected more of Cena, who came up in the OVW developmental territory. I get that wrestling's changed but holy shit, the match totally lost me at a certain point.
Yeah the match wasn't too good. This was the first half Reigns destroying Cena after Cena tried to walk out and the last half was a finisher-fest from Cena. I really had no idea was going on here. This should have been a fight from the get go considering the promos both guys were throwing at each other.

I mean it was a pretty good match and probably one of the better matches of the night but the whole match felt kind of flat for the most part.

In terms of psychology or storytelling there was really nothing happening here. It was just stuff going on for 20 mins.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices