WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-24-2017, 11:37 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Team Undisputed
WWE European Champion

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I enjoyed the Invasion. I enjoyed the hype of the WCW and ECW debuts. I enjoyed the end of the storyline at Survivor Series 2001. I enjoyed it so much that I have Invasion 2001 to WrestleMania X8 on DVD. I enjoyed the outcome that resulted in Chris Jericho being the first ever Undisputed WWF WCW (and ECW) World Heavyweight Champion. There are a few things I would have changed, if I had the power to change things around.

It was great seeing the Champions of WCW and the Stars of ECW join forces to take on the WWF. It would have been better to add the Stars of WCW and the Champions of ECW (yes, Rhyno was there, but his ECW World and ECW Television Championship Title Belts weren’t) to the mix.

Since Smackdown, at the time, was the B-Show, and since the Brand Extension didn’t exist just yet, I would have replaced the Blue show with WCW Nitro, and aired it live on Tuesdays. I’d also air a live 2 hour show on Wednesday for ECW. This would keep the brands separate, except at PPVs.

The invasion part of the Invasion storyline would come in the form of the Kliq. I’d have D-Generation X, along with X-Factor, invade Raw and try to take over. The next night, I’d have the New World Order invade Nitro and try to take over. On the 3rd night, I’d have the Blue World Order invade ECW and try to take over. Now we have an all-out war between WWF / WCW / ECW vs. DX / NWO / BWO. Good guys with good guys vs. Bad guys with bad guys. Seems simple enough.

This storyline could still be going on today if they just stretched it out with no unnecessary endgame.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:19 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
Given the current situation at the time, it was the best thing WWE could have done. I mean, what do you people really want? The big names, Hogan, Nash, Hall, Goldberg, Sting would have never agreed to work in a losing angle against WWE's top stars. Never. So even if WWE would have waiting 2 or 3 years to book a fully blown out Invasion angle, it wouldn't work either!

It was what it was and it was great TV as the ratings prove. Could it have been booked better? Sure. But forget the wet dream of seeing Sting, Goldberg, and the NWO vs Undertaker, Austin, Rock and DX. It couldn't happen and it was never going to happen for one simple notion. Wrestling is good vs evil. You can't boo Sting and you can't boo Goldberg like you can't boo Austin or The Rock. Plus neither side would afford to lose to the other.
It was what it was and you can't change that.

Look at how history went on. Hogan came in as a heel and turn face instantly in order to survive the anti-WCW environment of WWE. Hall and Nash didn't even last. Goldberg was second to HHH. Steiner never last. Sting never signed for the company. DDP didn't last and Booker T was reduced to a comedy act even when he won the WH title he was a comedy act. Asking for Vince to sign WCW stars and have them go over his own talent or be booked equally to them may seem nice and logical to you fans, but it's nonsense.

WWE > WCW, that was the notion Vince wanted to pull and that was what everyone would do.

The Invasion angle fans dream would definately print millions even maybe billions of dollars. But it's way utopical for the wrestling bussiness and the egos that work in the wrestling bussiness and I'm not talking just about Vince. Austin didn't want to work with Hogan. Goldberg wanted to look unbeatable. NWO/Kliq would likely want to run the main event.

Simply put, you can't book such a big angle with so many names involved when there are so many egos in the way.

PS: WCW didn't even do right their big angles when they were AT WAR with the WWF because of the egos of their big stars, like Nash, Goldberg and Hogan and you expect those guys to be part of an Invasion angle where their side was going to lose? Give me a break.
You seem pretty angry. The Invasion happened almost 20 years ago, so your "it was what it was and you can't change that" seems obvious and needless. Are you saying if it wasn't what it was we COULD change that? Coming onto an old school forum, joining a discussion about how people wished it had gone down and saying "you can't change that" is one of the stupidest things I've seen on this forum, and that is saying something.

You are all over the place with your anger too. This is where people can come and express how they wish the present product was going and how the past would have gone. You're like a maniac listing reasons Santa Claus doesn't exist. Chill out.

And your PS is just awful. Vince knows how to run a wrestling company, the WCW brass, at that time, did not.

The Invasion is the ultimate angle of which to get fantasy matchups and storylines. The possibilities were endless and to come in and say "can't change that" so we shouldn't talk about it is asinine. You sound like a fool.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:59 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...

*Sigh* before they bought wcw, imo wwf was always awesome! Especially in the late 90s with the attitude era. When they bought wcw I thought they would be more awesome and we'd see the super bowl of wrestling. Not only was the wcw invasion not awesome, but IMO wwe hasn't been since then either. After killing their competition they've mostly been complacent. Pushing who they like and not giving a shit what fans want! This invasion angle was all about the McMahons. How egotistical! I will give them credit though for getting a good buyrate for the Invasion ppv. The best thing about the invasion angle was the promo that Paul Heyman cut on Vince McMahon a week before it ended.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:13 PM

Joeboy is looking to come up from OCW...

They should of had the alliance win at Invasion. They ruined the whole thing by having established WWF guys joining the alliance. They failed from the start.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:03 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeboy View Post
They should of had the alliance win at Invasion. They ruined the whole thing by having established WWF guys joining the alliance. They failed from the start.
I understand where you're coming from, but given the lack of stars on the Alliance's side, they had to have established WWF stars join. It was just unrealistic to have Austin, the Rock, 'Taker, Angle, Kane, and others lose to people like Lance Storm, the Dudley's (At that time), Booker T (At that time), RVD (At that time), etc.

They had to make it seem like the Alliance had a chance because without the Hogans, Halls, Flairs, Nashes, Goldbergs, Stings, etc of the world, the Alliance was screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.