WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: How close is Miz to legendary status? And when will he reach it?
He already is in my opinion 8 32.00%
One mega moment away 7 28.00%
Never, Not everyone goes on to become legends, Same applies for Miz. 6 24.00%
He's got a longgg way to go 1 4.00%
Give him a few more years. 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2017, 04:09 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Never. How much has Miz drawn? How much merch does he push? Was he ever "The Guy"? How many asses did Miz put in the seats? Miz is a good hand. Very good for his time. But, an all time great? Not in his lifetime. Jericho is an all time great. Miz is nowhere near Jericho. Not now. Not ever.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:07 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
I'd put Miz somewhere within the "fourth tier" on my personal WWE totem pole of history.
-all-time greats (Austin, Hogan, Rock, Cena, Sammartino, Savage etc.),
-bona-fide legends (Piper, Steamboat, Dibiase, Lesnar, Angle, Jericho, Orton, etc.)
-legit HOFers (Booker, DDP, Yokozuna, Vader, Scott Hall, Big Show, etc.)
-above-average like Miz, Tito Santana, Rick Martel and the like.
I am going to steal from this list/tier because, for the most part, I don't disagree with it(Big Show belongs as a bona-fide legend, though). Based on the List I would have to put Miz on the level of a legit HOF.

Everyone Miz has worked with has improved in some way. He's gotten guys like Alex Riley over, Daniel Bryan, and Sandow(stunt double gimmick got him over, but Miz had a big hand in it as well). IMHO, he helped AJ more than Jericho did, at least when it comes to adjusting to wwe's in ring style.
He's made a HOF worthy career in an era were that is harder to do now than ever before, imo. Someone mentioned the other guys like Sheamus and Ziggler who got pushed and will likely be a future Hall of Fame, but there is no denying it with Miz. HE WILL BE IN THE HOF(aside from any unforeseen circumstances).

To answer the op, I don't Miz can be considered "one of the greats" but he is up there in the top 50-75 area,maybe closer, if I actually did a list.

Last edited by The Samoan Heritage : 09-22-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:43 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I don't think that he can be considered "One Of The Greats". Great is something too high to achieve and I don't think that The Miz has achieved it. May be he will but I am doubtful about it. When Bruno Sammartino, Austin, Hogan are considered, The Miz as good as he's just doesn't fit well.

So, I would say, Probably Never.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:31 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...

The Miz is a Mr. Perfect kind of guy - he will be known as a legend for his mid card days and not for his main event days.
I think he needs one more big moment to earn his legendary status but he is on his way there.
TNA - Hate 3: Dixie & Anderson & EY.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:53 AM
Your Mom's Favorite Salesman

Codename Bags is looking to come up from OCW...

Have you seen his wife? If that doesn't make you a legend, nothing will.

Listen, I'm a big fan of The Miz. Sure, he kind of stole Jericho's look, but it's honestly so much better than that stupid chick magnet gimmick that I'm all for it. He's a very decent technician in the ring, he gets just about more heat than anyone on the mic, and he's in the record books. When I say he's in the record books, he's won all the titles. He's main evented Wrestlemania. Yeah, that all may not be that big of a deal, but at the same time it is. He is in those record books and no one can take away from him that he has accomplished more in WWE than Jake Roberts, Mr. Perfect, Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka, Ric Flair, and countless other of the "greatest" WWE Superstars in history. He's ahead of the game and I don't even think he's hit his prime years.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:08 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Unless we're talking about promo skills only, the answer is never. I'll admit the guy has made improvements but he still sucks in the ring. In order to be one of the all-time greats you need to be great across the board. All that The Miz has going for him is his promo skills and his work ethic. It takes more than that to be bigger than the midcard. He should never have been WWE Champion and I adamantly stand unchanged in that opinion. He's a good Intercontinental Champion (the best recent one as much as I hate to admit it) and a good talker. That's it. He's nowhere near guys like Jericho or Orton, let alone Hogan/Rock/Austin/Cena.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:18 AM

Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...

I like the guy, but there are some things holding him back.

If you look at Jim Cornette's criticisms of the Miz you might just call Corny an out of touch prick and move on, but if you think more about it some of it starts to make sense. Miz does move awkwardly at times, the knees he'd do when setting up for a Figure Four almost make me cringe. For some reason even after more than a decade, he just doesn't seem smooth out there, sometimes he looks like he's struggling just to keep up.

Other than that the guy has it down. He has a great punchable look, his heel tactics and ability to work a crowd are there, and his accomplishments and overall work might land him there eventually.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:36 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
Unless we're talking about promo skills only, the answer is never. I'll admit the guy has made improvements but he still sucks in the ring. In order to be one of the all-time greats you need to be great across the board. All that The Miz has going for him is his promo skills and his work ethic. It takes more than that to be bigger than the midcard. He should never have been WWE Champion and I adamantly stand unchanged in that opinion. He's a good Intercontinental Champion (the best recent one as much as I hate to admit it) and a good talker. That's it. He's nowhere near guys like Jericho or Orton, let alone Hogan/Rock/Austin/Cena.
i kinda have to disagree with one thing you wrote. I don't think that you need to be great across the board to be considered a all time great. Look at who is considered a all time greats from the last 30 years. Hulk hogan, probably one of the greatest name of all time but not a great worker at all, the guy knew how to take bumps but it's his charisma and promos that putting him in that position. Piper, rhodes, flair, warrior, savage, austin, rock, goldberg, cena. All guys that got over because of charisma alone and not great in ring work.

The thing is, i do agree that Miz isn't near the level that these guys we're because he doesn't have the charisma that these guys has and the fact that he can't really go off script like Piper was able to do back in the day isn't helping him. But in the scripted era that we are him, he still somebody that stood out of the pact especially on promo's and he's probably on of the best heel in the company right now. So while he will never really be a all time great, i could see him becoming a hall of famer someday because his body of work is worthy of being inducted when he retires.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:43 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
i kinda have to disagree with one thing you wrote. I don't think that you need to be great across the board to be considered a all time great. Look at who is considered a all time greats from the last 30 years. Hulk hogan, probably one of the greatest name of all time but not a great worker at all, the guy knew how to take bumps but it's his charisma and promos that putting him in that position. Piper, rhodes, flair, warrior, savage, austin, rock, goldberg, cena. All guys that got over because of charisma alone and not great in ring work.

The thing is, i do agree that Miz isn't near the level that these guys we're because he doesn't have the charisma that these guys has and the fact that he can't really go off script like Piper was able to do back in the day isn't helping him. But in the scripted era that we are him, he still somebody that stood out of the pact especially on promo's and he's probably on of the best heel in the company right now. So while he will never really be a all time great, i could see him becoming a hall of famer someday because his body of work is worthy of being inducted when he retires.
I think you have a point here...but Savage? I strongly disagree with that one. And I have to say Cena, who I have no feelings for one way or the other, has shown more in the ring than the good examples on your list.

I do agree, however, that many all-time greats were very good at some things and very mediocre, at best, in other areas. But, in my opinion, that is ok. I have no problem with a guy who excels in one area and makes his mark with it. I don't know why people need every box checked when discussing greatness. Andre is an all-time great. Obviously, he was no ring technician and his mic work was not great. He was a major draw, however. There are VERY few people who check all of the boxes.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:59 AM

tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Ric Flair wasn't a great in-ring worker? Really?

I guess it's the cool thing to do to rip on him now but throughout the eighties he was generally seen as one of the best-if not the best-worker in all of wrestling. He owned match of the year and wrestler of the year awards and his bouts with Steamboat and Windham are among the best matches I've ever witnessed. Ric Flair is credited with eight five star matches, while the WWF only has five in their entire history. He made every wrestler he faced, even the lowest of jobbers, look like a million bucks. There is a huge list of guys, from Lex Luger to Kerry Von Erich to Nikita Koloff to Ronnie Garvin to Sting who never looked better than when facing the Nature Boy. Flair made guys like Ricky Morton and Hawk look like potential world champions. He was the genesis of the now-tired trope of being able to carry on an entertaining match with a broom. To me, saying Ric Flair wasn't a good worker is laughable.

Disagree with Savage being on that list as well, but I'll spare you all another diatribe.

Last edited by tdmoon : 09-25-2017 at 11:07 AM.