WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: New Day or Shield?
New Day 6 20.69%
Shield 23 79.31%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2017, 03:20 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMark View Post
Let's compare Stone Cold to The Hurricane...top guy, main evented several WMs, had several World Title runs and memorable feuds and now a Legend.
Hurricane - have several midcard titles, was the funny guy who somehow pinned The Rock (career highlight) and now probably work indies.

The Shield wins it easily.
So, a few things.

1. New Day has been, and is currently, one of the most popular acts in the wrestling business. There popularity can easily be described as rivaling The Shield's when The Shield was at their height. The Hurricane has never come anywhere close to Stone Cold in terms of popularity.

2. I don't have specific numbers, but I feel pretty comfortable saying that New Day has probably outsold, or at the very least competed with The Shield in terms of merchandise numbers. Comparing The Hurricane and Austin in this regard is, obviously, beyond laughable.

3. The New Day has attained a feat that many people believed would never happen, especially in this day and age. They became the longest reigning WWE Tag champs in history. That alone puts them in the discussion of greatest teams ever.

Sure The Shield's members have gone on to bigger and better things than New Day's members (at this point), but I really don't think the comparison is as ridiculous as you're making it seem. Both factions will likely go down in history as the two best of this era. The Shield was probably more impactful, but New Day has done some incredible things in their own right.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:05 PM
My fave wrestler is Dirk Diggler.
WCW TV Champion

Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey #2

Nobody expected New Day to go anywhere, especially the first month or so of teaming up. Those gospel choiresque vignettes were horrendous. They fought to become a big deal while Shield was always set up to be the big deal. Comedy in wrestling usually falls flat, but somehow they've stayed entertaining for years now. Gotta go with the group that surprised me, and that's New Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kerouac - On The Road
Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:25 AM
The Show himself
WWE Diva's Champion

CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to CyberPunk

It really depends on how you want to look at these teams/factions. Are we talking about the group as a whole or their members? Because Shield is already gone and New Day is still here, and probably will be together for a long time. Both factions/teams have had the tag team gold, but Shield was never going to be a long lasting faction. Shield's sole purpose was to get the members over. New Day on the other hand took 3 people who had nothing to do and were going nowhere to create a group who'd solely be in the tag division. Shield gave us 3 main event stars and then broke up, while 3 floundering guys gave is New Day and the group became way more popular than they were ever meant to be. In that regards, New Day is much better because it actually elevated 3 low to mid card guys into the most popular group of the modern era.

On the other hand, if want to look at the individuals of the group, Shield wins it hands down. I mean it gave us 3 world champions. I doubt New Day members would ever be as popular as singles competitor as they are together.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:59 AM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

This is hard to say. I like the Shield more than i like the New Day so that alone makes me biased towards this very open question. In terms of success, it leads to the former Shield members. If you look at it from a tag team perspective, the New Day have the better track record. They are more of a tag-team vs a stable like the Shield once was. New Day are going to be made to be the best tag-team in WWE history. Shield will go down as one of the best most dominate stable in WWE history.

If it comes down to preference, I prefer the Shield over the New Day. Shield was more serious players and I am not to big on the New Day as the annoy me personally.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:33 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Comparing them is so difficult.....One of them was brought in to help 3 midcard wrestlers finally get over and at first it was a failure because the fans trashed them and the gimmick....then the gimmick finally attracted the fans and now they are great. the 3 wrestlers are all great in ring talents, but just needed proper characters and the right push. they are great tag team wrestlers and are best served in that role

The Shield was brought in to help CM Punk keep his championship, but was more of an nWo type of group. a group that was just created to cause anarchy and chaos. they'd go out, beat up whoever they wanted to beat up and give their reasons for it after the beat down or not answer at all.

i personally prefer The Shield because of how they were just a trio that went out, kicked butt and left. it also helped hide Roman Reigns' issues on the mic by giving him little to say with the other two (Ambrose and Rollins) doing the mic work. breaking them up (at the time) felt too early and soon, but in the end it was great for Rollins (who is such a star in WWE). if the New Day ever disbands or breaks up (which i wouldnt do, i'd just have one member leave while the other two still team up), hopefully one of them will break out like Rollins did.....but comparing them is like comparing apples and oranges, they are so different...but that's not a bad thing as they both got over in their own ways
Old 09-19-2017, 05:25 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

The Shield, but it's not fair to compare them.

New Day has been successful. No one expected the gimmick towork, but they're now probably the best tag team of this era.

However the Shield was simply better. They had excellent matches with the Wyatts, Evolution, and Ryback/Kane/Bryan. New Day has had some really good matches, but they don't compare.

Maybe a better argument is which group did more for its members? You definitely could argue the Shield, but I would argue New Day. Big E and Xavier were generic as possible, and now they're two of the most charismatic wrestlers on the roster. Kofi had a lot more success, but he wasn't doing much either. Don't get me wrong - the Shield definitely elevated Reigns, Ambrose, and Rollins. Where would they be without the group? Yeah they would have success but probably not as much.

So yes New Day is great, but the Shield was that much better.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Fans Since Forever

nWo2 is looking to come up from OCW...

More talented trio? New Day

Biggest push for a group of individuals in WWE history? The Shield

New Day represents the same make up as the Shield but New Day has a certified veteran in Koifi Kingston and no weakness (Big E overall performance > Roman Reigns; see finishers or mic work). The only advantage The Shield has is average height.

If this group were allowed to be taken seriously ala Usos gimmick change then we'd have a conversation. Sadly most readers would NEED something that drastic to see the true potential of most superstars, Vince included.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...

The Shield for sure will go down in history as one of the best factions in the WWE. The New Day is just a three man tag team like The Freebirds, they will end up as a very good tag team. The Shield has three top stars who have won World Titles on there own and fan favorites. The New Day are mid card wrestlers even if they are fan favorites they are a comedy act.

P.S. When it is said and done:
Roman- many World Titles along with Tag Team and U.S. Titles included. Maybe even an Intercontinental Title in there as well.
Seth- many World Titles and a handful of Tag Team Titles. Maybe a U.S. Title.
Dean- U.S. Titles, Tag Team gold and Intercontinental Title as well, don't forget his World Title maybe 2.

Big E- Tag Team gold and a U.S. Title with one Intercontinental Title.
Kofi- The most titles of New Day, Tag team and Intercontinental Gold.
Xavier- Tag Team Titles and a Manager of the year award.