WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Grade tonight's RAW.
A 33 33.33%
B 25 25.25%
C 22 22.22%
D 6 6.06%
F 13 13.13%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2017, 08:28 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I thought last night's Raw was a strong one. The lowlight for me was seeing the neverending story of Big Cass & Enzo involved with Gallows & Anderson. Other than that, I thought everything else ranged from solid to epic.

Alexa Bliss is a star, she may not be as great in the ring as some of the others but she's second to none in promos as she has the right amount of sass, nastiness and she knows how to play the crowd like a banjo.

The 8 women tag match that followed was also nicely done and having Alexa not only score the pin but score it on Bayley was the right decision. Bayley is at her best when she's the scrappy, sympathetic underdog and I think they need to keep her in that role for a longer period of time before she has another title reign. Personally, I think they should consider keeping the title off of her until WrestleMania next year in a match with Sasha Banks.

Nice to see Cesaro and Sheamus turning heel, they've had a solid feud with the Hardy Boyz thus far so here's to taking that to another level now that all the sportsmanship is out of the way.

Nice work overall by the Cruiserweight six man bout, though I honestly think fans will get more into them as a whole of Vince lightens up and allows them to incorporate more high flying into the mix because it's obvious that's what a lot of fans want. They don't want to see 160 pound men ground & pound, they want to see them soaring through the air or, at the very least, work at a faster pace ala Rich Swann.

Aries vs. TJP was a good effort, I especially enjoyed Aries emphasis on selling his knee throughout the match. Even when he did Last Chancery, he made a note to not hook in the bridge as deeply as normal and to even prop himself up using his one good leg to take pressure of the "injured" one.

Not really sure where they're going, if anywhere, with Titus and Apollo Crews, but at leas they've got Crews doing a little something via his association rather than just popping up to wrestle seemingly random matches.

Miz, Ambrose, Balor & Rollins all did well on the mic last night and I like the attention brought to the IC title as it got lost in the shuffle during WrestleMania season.

An epic 4+ star main event to close out Raw with Balor, Rollins and Miz all working their assess off. It had the crowd rocking with fast paced action that was filled with entertaining spots that weren't over the top and some great near falls. Samoa Joe showing up to screw over Seth Rollins was logical, though I forgot about Bray Wyatt addressing Finn Balor a few weeks back, so Wyatt screwing him out of an Intercontinental Championship shot. Miz picking the bones was, sorry to say this, vintage Miz as he's one a lot of these kinds of matches in similar ways. While we've seen Miz vs. Ambrose before, it's still a good feud and it was really the only logical choice right now.

I give last night's show an A-.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:03 PM

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Raw was just flat out lousy tonight. Aside from the opening segment with Joe & Lesnar, which was tremendously executed and actually bolstered my hope that Lesnar vs. Joe will be an actual match, the rest of the show was one long snoozefest with way too many talking segments, too much "sports entertainment" nonsense, no Balor, no Reigns, and just uninspired filler with no real build to Great Balls of Fire. They'd have been better off really not having a show than putting on stuff like this.

Yesterday, the wrestling world was talking about NJPW Dominion, Okada & Omega going the full 60 minutes and what do we get on Raw? The Miz fighting a man in a teddy bear costume. Vince McMahon should be embarrassed to put on shit like this as this is the sort of show that gives other throwaway shows a bad name. Watch the first 30 to 40 minutes of the show and skip the rest.

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 08-16-2017, 04:49 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...
Default WCWF- WWE Monday Night Raw Results: Winners, Grades, Reaction, and Booking Thoughts

WWE Raw Results: Winners, Grades, Reaction and Highlights from August 14

I'm starting something similar to what Bleacher Report does, I'm grading both Raw and SmackDown weekly with my input. We're gonna start with the

SummerSlam 2017 go-home edition of Monday Night Raw

Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose Reunite

The former Shield brothers turned bitter enemies has had their issues over the last three years. One thing's for certain though, is if anyone is gonna

beat up a member of The Shield...It's gonna be a member of The Shield.

This segment for me was great storytelling, but the crowd wasn't as in to it as I felt they should've been until both put their fist in the middle. For

me, I felt this should have led to Rollins and Ambrose having one final match against one another to get it out of their systems after that brawl.

Ultimately it would see Dean Ambrose pick up the win and an emotional moment with Seth asking is he over it completely now. Before Dean can put his fist

in, Cesaro & Sheamus would've jumped both, Ambrose and Rollins working together again and taking them down. Then it would have been what we witnessed on

Raw with the fist in the middle, and Kurt Angle making his way out to make the match official for SummerSlam.

Grade
A-

No. 1 Contender's Match: Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

Incredible action in this Women's division match. I honestly wouldn't change anything about it, as it made Nia look strong even in defeat. While I would

love to see Nia Jax and Alexa Bliss feud for the title, it makes more sense right now for it to be Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss. It explores the real

life heat between the two, as well as sets up for a story between Bayley and Sasha down the line. Nia Jax vs. Alexa Bliss should be saved for Survivor

Series or WrestleMania with Nia being the one to beat Bliss for the title.

Result
Sasha Banks defeated Nia Jax

Grade
B+

R-Truth vs. Elias

What did this really accomplish? How does Elias build momentum beating up R-Truth, who's been a joke for years? Ron Killings is a legend in the industry

and it's sad the way he's been treated over the years. He's an incredible worker and talker. but now that he's nearly 50 years old, it's time to go. R-

Truth putting people over makes no sense when he has no credibility. They don't even hype him up as a former World Champion, despite the promotion it

was in. They literally hype him up as a comedy act.

Result
No Contest

Grade
D

Big Show's Health in Jeopardy Ahead of SummerSlam

Big Cass promo seemed as if he was just playing to the hear for a minute, but after awhile it was clear he didn't know what he was doing. He get an 'A'

for effort, and trying to play his role well but he had plenty of slip ups in this long drawn out promo. He took forever to get to the point and his

voice doesn't help take him seriously as a badass. To me it felt like he was just waiting to be interrupted a few times. He came off as more of that

teacher saying "Knock it off or you're going to the office." Enzo came out, followed by Big Show and I still wasn't invested. For me, it wasn't until

The Club came out that this segment got interesting. The Club made his segment, and the "injury" to Big Show added some intrigue to earn this segment a

higher grade than it would've gotten.

Grade
C+

Cruiserweight Championship Match: Akira Tozawa vs. Neville

Akira Tozawa was someone that when he first debuted, I knew could put on great matches but I didn't really know who he was. Tozawa is some one that has

grown for me under the "Titus Worldwide Brand." This was an incredible match, one that probably should've been on SummerSlam. I feel like WWE should do

more matches like this, it get's people actually invested in the Cruiserweights when they let them actually WRESTLE!! That's what made people want the

division back in the first place
Result

Akira Tozawa defeated Neville to win the Cruiserweight Championship

Grade
A

Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt

A pretty good match for Raw, this should've been the final bout before the melee at the end. At first, I was confused as to why they put it on Raw and

was hoping it was still happening on PPV as well. Now it's clear as to why they did and it just added to what has already been an incredible story. I'm

not going to lie, I lost all interest in both Balor and Wyatt until this feud. Wyatt got the clean win here, and Balor will get the clean win on Sunday.

Personally, I feel a loss will not hurt Wyatt as he's only lost one singles match on Raw clean in my memory since the shake up. A part of me hopes Wyatt

win to continue this story, maybe this leads to Balor becoming "The Demon" completely and following Bray Wyatt's leadership en route to eventually

regaining the Universal Championship. In a different turn of events though, Balor wouldn't turn on Wyatt like Orton, and Bryan. Wyatt would turn on

Balor after about a year leading to them clashing for the title. Back to what happened at hand, alot of people were complaining about this being given

away on free TV, same people would've been complaining about another needed segment on a show filled with segments.

Result
Bray Wyatt defeated Finn Balor

Grade
A

Mickie James vs. Emma

Clearly a filler match, but it got both on the show and furthered the Emma storyline. Emma should've have took head from others before her that bitching

on social media does nothing but get you in the dog house and not the "Push Emma, she's underutilized" storyline you're trying to get. I personally

didn't pay attention to this match as I was heating up my food for the big closer segment.

Result
Mickie James defeated Emma

Grade
Can't tell ya

The Hardy Boyz and Jason Jordan vs. The Miztourage

To me this hurt Jason Jordan more than it helped him. He was given an opportunity to show the world what he got and why they should be with him getting

pushed but he relied on the same moves repeatedly and the original match would cut too short. This was just an excuse to get The Hardy's a match on TV.

This should've been a 15 minute match that showcased Jason Jordan and what he's capable of in a good back and forth matchup rather than a short match to

set up this one. The above match could've happened earlier with more time, with Elias segment/ "match" being scrapped completely.

Anyways on to the match itselt, it was an eletric match but I feel like the fans were only going nuts because of The Hardy Boyz.

Result
The Hardy Boyz and Jason Jordan defeated The Miz, Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas

Grade
C+

The Four-Way Altercation

A pretty good promo from Heyman as he sold every competitor including Samoa Joe in this one. I do feel like there should've been more of Joe and Reigns

and it kind of did make Joe look weak being taken out so early without coming back into the fold, same with Reigns. I would have wanted to see all hell

break lose, but then again that would've given too much away. You would think neither Braun Strowman or Brock Lesnar would win the bout because of this.

The favorite seems to be either Roman Reigns, or Brock Lesnar, but how about a big swerve with Samoa Joe winning with the swerve of Paul Heyman. Braun

Strowman and Brock Lesnar taking one another out by beating the hell out of each other, Reigns getting the Spear on both and going for the cover before

being pulled out by Heyman. Reigns going after Heyman, as Joe steals a pin on Brock. This sets up for No Mercy with Samoa Joe vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Roman

Reigns for the Universal Title. This would see Joe defeat Lesnar again with Paul Heyman by his side, Braun Strowman would take on the returning to Raw,

John Cena giving him a rude awakening of a return. At Survivor Series, you have Joe vs. Cena or Strowman for the title, and Reigns vs. Lesnar to finally

do that.

As for what really went down, This got me hyped for the PPV by not giving too much away. Enough to earn it a solid

Grade
B+

Overall, I felt it was a decent show with some pretty solid matches. However, as always with good comes the bad and there was some bad in this to earn

this Raw a 6.5/10 rating for me.

Winners:
  • 1. Braun Strowman
  • 2. Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins
  • 3. Bray Wyatt & Finn Balor
  • 4. Sasha Banks & Nia Jax
  • 5. Akira Towara
  • 6. The Club

Losers:
  • 1. Roman Reigns & Samoa Joe
  • 2. Jason Jordan
  • 3. Big Cass, Enzo Amore, and Big Show
  • 4. Emma

Not winners; But not losers either:

• 1. Brock Lesnar- Reason he's here is for the simple reason, while he didn't get beat up, he looked to be getting beaten down majority of the time the two competitors did land blows
  • 2. Adrian Neville
  • 3. Cesaro & Sheamus
  • 4. Mickie James
  • 5. Eilas
WCWF TAG TEAM- CODE 5 (5000, BRIQ ROMINE)
ROYAL RUMBLE- AJ STYLES
MONEY IN THE BANK- SAMI ZAYN
KING OF THE RING[/color]- TBD

Last edited by BEAT THAT ***** ASS : 08-16-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:07 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

blueskyy is looking to come up from OCW...blueskyy is looking to come up from OCW...blueskyy is looking to come up from OCW...

Shelton Benjamin in finally back in WWE, and he looks great!
Old 09-13-2017, 03:30 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

blueskyy is looking to come up from OCW...blueskyy is looking to come up from OCW...blueskyy is looking to come up from OCW...

Why is Vince McMahon still doing that kind of stuff. OMG, is it really that safe? Wow, the shock value if off the charts.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:55 PM

The highlights of last night's show were the opening six man tag team match, the overall storytelling of the show, Heyman essentially pointing out that Jinder Mahal is a joke of a champion and the closing segment of the show featuring SmackDown's invasion of Raw. I like that they're at least trying to move away from the "friendly competition" thing and I'm sure they'll generate some satisfactory results, but I think WWE should've been doing this over a month ago as part of the Survivor Series build, maybe skip October altogether from pvs and move HIAC & TLC to December.

I thought the low point was Kane squashing Finn Balor, it's just such a monumentally stupid booking decision. Balor just came off a great win over AJ Styles in what many are haling as a MOTY contender, they're talking of doing Lesnar vs. Balor at the Royal Rumble, yet they job him out like some scrub? It's truly, truly decisions like this that have so many fans praying that they wake up tomorrow to find out Vince McMahon no longer runs World Wrestling Entertainment. I know they want to build Kane up to be strong for his eventual match with Braun Strowman and there are ways to do that without making Balor look bad. Put them in a physical match where both of them give it all they've got, have them beat the crap out of each other to such an extent that things get "out of control" and the ref disqualifies them both only for them to keep fighting up the ramp, maybe back into the locker room, etc. where they're eventually broken up. Both men look good, Balor keeps his momentum while Kane gains some, the seed is planted for a possible rematch somewhere down the road but one that doesn't necessarily have to take place. But no, that'd be too logical, Vince just wants to see his next big ol' alpha male match so who cares if he has to make one of the best overall workers of the decade look bad to get it?

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 10-31-2017, 03:49 AM

Last night's Raw was pretty good overall, in my opinion. The first 2 hours and 15 minutes of the show featured some anticipated returns, good wrestling matches and focused build towards Survivor Series. Then, for whatever reason, Vince interrupted the positive flow that Raw had going for it by spreading his cheeks and crapping out the juicy turd that was the "Trick or Street Fight." This was so bad that even the commentators were embarrassed to be calling it and I couldn't help but feel bad for Gallows and Anderson; they're pretty overrated but they're still a decent team and this match basically crapped away whatever credibility they had left. Then the stuff with the Cruiserweights was on that nobody gave a damn about and by the time the Women's Championship match between Alexa Bliss & Mickie James came on, the energy was gone and the fans weren't interested; it was a shame as I thought they put on a solid match and I think fans would've been into it had they not been subjected to about 45 straight minutes of garbage. Things did pick up nicely for the final angle with Braun Strowman's return and his decimation of the Miztourage. If Strowman is now a babyface, then it looks like fans will readily accept it.

There was another negative on the show and it included WWE yet again sacrificing valuable young talent, this time being Seth Rollins, for the sake of building up Kane vs. Strowman. It wasn't as bad as last week as they at least protected Rollins a bit due to Cesaro & Sheamus being out there and beating up on Ambrose with Rollins going to his aid, getting distracted, etc. Still, Kane's a big star and has been for 20 years, he's a monster by definition and WWE's energy would be better spent trying to build these young stars up instead of sacrificing them to a 50 year old member of the roster who'll be gone soon anyway.

So yeah, the first 2.25 hours were quality while the next 45 minutes stuck up the place and the last 10 minute or so angle ended things on a high note. I give the show a C+, MAYBE a B- but that's stretching things pretty far as the third hour really stunk up the place in a big way.

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-05-2017, 10:48 AM

I thought Raw was a really well put together show last night, for the most part. They advanced some storylines, had some really good, long wrestling matches and cut back on a LOT of filler.

There were four really good matches on last night's show:

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Roman Reigns vs. Jason Jordan - 3.75 stars
Sasha Banks vs. Paige - 3.25 stars
Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali vs. Tony Nese vs. Drew Gulak - 3.5 stars
WWE Raw Tag Team Championship - Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins vs. The Bar - 3.75 stars

It helped that all of these matches were given a good amount of time, the title matches both went past the 20 minute mark, the women's match made it to about the 16 minute mark while the Cruiserweights went to about the 13 minute mark. Also, for possibly the first time, the Cruiserweights came off like they were actually being presented on Raw as a relevant part of the format instead of being put in a standard 5 or 6 minute filler match.

I'm glad to see that they're finally going with Strowman vs. Kane next week and I'm hoping it's a one off; I like Kane, always have, but I've been really annoyed at the overabundance of love shown to him at the expense of so many younger, fresher faces, especially Finn Balor, just so he can lose to Braun Strowman in a way to make Strowman seem strong. It just seems useless considering how consistently strong and well booked Strowman has been over the course of the last year: he's been portrayed as literally superhuman by flipping over ambulances, surviving being crushed in a garbage truck, etc. he's dominated people like Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Samoa Joe & Roman Reigns in matches, he almost beat Brock Lesnar, so it's not as like he's ever been portrayed as weak.

Broken Matt Hardy finally made his WWE debut last night, much to the delight of the live crowd judging by their response. It doesn't do anything for me personally, but I'm perfectly okay with it as long as it's not overexposed and just all over the show.

The only things I didn't really care much about on last night's show, and these are relatively minor when you get right down to it. As of right now, I'm not at all looking forward to the comedic romance between Nia Jax and Enzo Amore; this has all the makings of a classic Vince clusterfuck in which he thinks its funny to put together the little guy with a big girl pairing in the hopes that it'll generate some cheap laughs. I just pray that whatever he comes up with for them isn't too tacky, classless or embarrassing. The other thing was Finn Balor's match against Bo Dallas, this match should've been over in a few minutes flat and further indicates that there are no relevant plans for Balor on Raw.

Other than that, last night was one of the best all around shows this year, in my opinion. Some good promo work, storylines were progressed and we had some really good matches that were given a lot of time. Why can't they use this sort of formula every week? I give last night's show an A-.

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion

#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
I'm not at all looking forward to the comedic romance between Nia Jax and Enzo Amore; this has all the makings of a classic Vince clusterfuck in which he thinks its funny to put together the little guy with a big girl pairing in the hopes that it'll generate some cheap laughs.
It's not often that I disagree with you but I'm on the other side of the fence here. If (and that's a BIG if) we're not treated to some silly love angle, I love the idea of Nia being above the female division and actually being the foil to Enzo's Cruiserweight championship reign.

Since the beginning of the Women's revolution, WWE female stars are treated equally or even sometimes better than the male superstars. A couple weeks on Smackdown, Becky Lynch took on James Ellsworth in what was the first intergender match in wwe in quite a while. With the Raw women's title picture being so crowded by Alexa, Asuka, Paige and her new friends Nia could put an interesting twist on the 205 Live division. It was reported a few weeks back Nia wasn't exactly happy with the way her character was progressing. I can't imagine her being ok with a silly love angle with Enzo without there being a pretty decent payoff. Nia as champ fits here. I'm interested where this goes.

Also let's not discuss Nia's weight being above 205.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.