WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: When do you see the inevitable?
Shocking as it may be, chances are that he doesn't return following his next hiatus 1 4.35%
WrestleMania 34 0 0%
WrestleMania 35 2 8.70%
Not any time soon 13 56.52%
Hard to predict really 7 30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2017, 08:30 PM
the root of all evil
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neildittmar View Post
Retires? As in doesn't wrestle, anymore, ever? Not any time soon.

Love him or hate him, John Cena is the most concreted star in/from an era that has become proved to become notably devoid of them. Be it genericized "stars", short-termers, or even premature deaths, the previous era that John Cena ushered in lacks established, main line talent in a way that I simply can't recall occurring in the nearly 30 years I've been watching wrestling and WWF/E in particular.

What that effectively does is make John Cena the face by default, despite what his individual talents and personal contributions to WWE may actually be. Strictly by that logic, this puts Cena in the same camp with guys like Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold and the Rock, and other standouts from their respective eras. WWE knows that they can always bring Cena out to a reaction (good or bad) and as long as he can physically perform in some capacity, he'll come out to the ring, do his job (figuratively or literally) and get paid.

To that end, I can absolutely envision a 50-60 year old John Cena hobbling out to the ring a la Hulk Hogan in 10-20 years to "perform." I could even see him having some sort of main event position or perhaps even a title run at that point. Wrestling (and WWE in particular) is funny like that, particularly if there is the same kind of new talent drought as when Cena was initially coming up.
We are seeing this now with all the undertaker speculation.

I figure cena will have a major heel turn before he retires that will extend his career for years.

He would look really good with a nwo hat, armband and shirt.

He could even keep the jorts.

Image wise the nwo colurs arenthe perfect choice for him.

He could go dark and gangsta without changing his image, losing much merchandising and just being harder than he currently is.

the Five Moves of doom?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Unless his hollywood career takes off (and it's kinda doubtful), then he'll probably stick around for a few years on the schedule he's on now.

He makes a lot of money and can take off anytime he wants. It's probably going to be at least 5-10 more years.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:26 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Not anytime soon, I guess. I don't think that Rock can be compared with John Cena. John Cena is sort of a pillar of WWE from such a long time. No wonder he has 16 World title reigns. So, I think that he might become an even more part timer but he won't be retiring anytime soon. At least 5 years. Wrestlemania 34/35 would be too soon and almost impossible.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:19 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I fell that unless hollywood want him to quit wrestling and only focus on making movies, cena will never truly retire. The guy is to passionate about the wwe that he's like chris jericho in that sense and will always return when he got some time off from whatever project he got going on. And even if he decide to stop wrestling tomorrow, e will always be doing somthing backstage.