WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-23-2017, 05:55 PM

Loganity is looking to come up from OCW...Loganity is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexcellence of Sexecution View Post
The fact that people think Undertaker will wrestle again is completely fucking baffling.

Even more baffling is the fact that some people want him too.

He is over 50. It was sad and pathetic to see the state he was in at last WrestleMania. And there was a defnitive statement that he was done when he left the hat and gloves in the ring. He is retired. I don't know how this could go over the heads of some people.

He will go into the Hall of Fame this year. It's New Orleans, the same place the streak ended. Him wrestling again is not a possibility, and nobody should want it to be.

Well I want it to be. A WrestleMania without him at this stage would feel like something is missing. I'm not foolish enough to try and convince you he looked good this year, but maybe he will be greatly improved with whatever surgery he's rumored to be having done on his hips. But, he still has value and people still want him, as was obvious by the crowds in Brooklyn on Sunday & Monday. Why not match against Cena, that would sell and potentially tell a great story
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:09 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

While I suppose it's possible that what we saw at WrestleMania wasn't the final curtain for Taker's in-ring career, that it was an old school means of throwing fans off as to what it means, I personally doubt it.

On camera, Taker is someone who almost never breaks kayfabe as doing something like leaving his ring gear in the center of the ring, walking to ringside and kissing his wife are all too human qualities that the "Dead Man" has been consistently shown as being beyond. As a result, it's all too easy for anyone to believe that WrestleMania 33 was his last match. It's not a guarantee as there are very few guarantees in life itself, let alone in pro wrestling, but I think the odds are against it.

As LODemolition mentioned, I'd be more interested in seeing Taker generate some last moments, things we'll remember for years to come, that don't have to revolve around him getting into the ring to wrestle. From a realistic perspective, there are probably only a small handful of men left in which a match would be interesting to see, at least in my opinion. Taker vs. Cena is one that's been mentioned a lot in the past few years, it's something that I think would be a cool spectacle though I'm not sure about how great of a match it'd be when you get right down to in-ring action. I'd be interested to see Taker go against AJ Styles as I think Styles has a great chance of helping to carry Taker through a strong in-ring match even if it lacked the spectacle that a bout with Cena would have. Given how far he's come and how over he's become, the notion of Taker vs. Braun Strowman is something that could be a money match. It'd potentially be cool to see Taker take on Finn Balor in his Demon King persona or even Samoa Joe or Shinsuke Nakamura.

However, Taker will officially be 53 years old by WrestleMania next year and you have to consider if the positives outweigh the negatives and, for me personally, they don't. We've all seen that Taker just doesn't have the same ability in the ring he once did, there's no way around that and there's no denying it anymore. He's also at an age where fans aren't going to suspend disbelief, at least some of them aren't, to believe that he can put on competitive matches against men 12 to 20 years younger than he is considering his diminished in-ring ability.

Potentially, Taker could have matches with any or all of these men I named but Taker is too big of a star to be put into a Chris Jericho type of role in which he ultimately loses to every young gun he faces. If Taker came back for one more match, which I don't think that he should, I think it'd be best for him to go against a young gun to whom a victory over Taker could still mean a huge deal.

Given how in love Vince is with Roman Reigns and that he's had Reigns, and just about everyone else for that matter, say for the past 5.5 months that he retired the Undertaker, maybe it's just best to let it lie.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 08-24-2017, 01:49 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

I always thought Undertaker could have lasted until WM 35 due to his limited schedule and since he could still pull out good matches.

But there was a huge drop off between WM29 and WM30. Taker went from having the best match of the night to having the worst high profile match on the card. Plus he looked like he aged 10 years between WM29 and WM30 both in appearance and his mobility.

It came to the point by WM this year, Taker had nothing left in the Tank.

Undertaker will always be one of the all time greats but he looked liked my grandfather performing at WM this year.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:03 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganity View Post
Well I want it to be. A WrestleMania without him at this stage would feel like something is missing. I'm not foolish enough to try and convince you he looked good this year, but maybe he will be greatly improved with whatever surgery he's rumored to be having done on his hips. But, he still has value and people still want him, as was obvious by the crowds in Brooklyn on Sunday & Monday. Why not match against Cena, that would sell and potentially tell a great story
Wouldn't that also be Taker's decision. I would think having a match each year then having to go to surgery as a result and repeat might be something he does not want to do.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:33 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I really hope he does not wrestle again. Some may argue he should have retired after the Streak ended. Lesnar was an awful choice to end the Streak and I still maintain that opinion to this day. They were able to right that wrong with the Reigns match this year. As forced as Reigns' push has been, the fans hate the guy anyway so having him end Taker's career will benefit him for a very long time. Not only that, but Taker also had the perfect exit with leaving his gear in the ring. We will never get the Taker VS Sting match and will probably never get Taker VS Cena either, however I'm ok with that. He had a great departure which would fit perfectly as the true ending of his career. If not for that reason, then for the sake of his own health I hope he does not wrestle at Wrestlemania 34. The difference was noticeable against Lesnar and even moreso against Reigns. Time for a Hall Of Fame induction and to get the respect he deserves as one of the best of all time.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:56 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I don't want The Undertaker to return. Yeah, I don't. Of course, The Undertaker is so relative to Wrestlemania that the event will be awkward without him wrestling. But that was gonna happen. This year or next or next. It already happened. He isn't good physically. The end was good although the match sucked. And it should be the end for him.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:34 AM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

If Undertaker comes back to wrestle one more match, then wouldn't this kill off the vibe of Reigns ''retiring'' the Undertaker? It would hurt Reigns' already hurting stock.

As much as I am an Undertaker fan, he does not need to not come back to face anyone. I would rather him stay retired than see him three times while on the journey to WrestleMania. I would enjoy Taker vs Cena, I just do not think it needs to happen.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't care if he wrestles again to be frank. A match with Cena would be nice. But that's all.

However he can still provide moments like The Rock does. For example him and Balor cleaning house or a stand off between him and Sting. He can still appear, do something easy and leave. He and WM are synonymous.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Has Ascended
WWE Diva's Champion

Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via Skype™ to Undying

It's all on Undertaker if he decides to wrestle again or not. It's his life and people can complain all they want that they don't want to see him wrestle again. If he does then so what? People have come back from retirements all the time and it was never officially confirmed that he retired. WWE is leaving doors open and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

I wouldn't mind seeing a John Cena match with him before he hangs it up for good. I've never understood why the didn't do that years ago as I had it on my predictions for WrestleMania cards since probably 27. I remember reading a report it was supposed to take place this year but Vince nixed it as it wasn't looking towards the future to do that match. If that's the case then why did Triple H and Shawn Michaels face him for 4 WrestleManias in a row? WrestleMania is for dream matches and the biggest stage to do the biggest matches possible.

All in all if Undertaker does return for more matches I won't mind. If the guy feels up for it and feels good doing it then I respect him for wanting to continue entertaining me and I'm grateful for all the moments and matches I've grown up with because of him. Sting will never happen obviously but I would also like Sting to make an appearance during Mania season to cut a promo and some guys like I don't know the Miztourage come out to try and jump him then the gong strikes and Sting and Taker clean house.