WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-20-2017, 06:29 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
I'm not saying that Cornette is wrong, because ultimately those are just his opinions and unless your opinion is something like, black people should go back to being slaves, then your opinion can't be wrong.

I just think that Cornette embodies a certain viewpoint that some fans have, and it's that old wrestling was better. I'm not here to argue that the 70s and 80s were inferior to what we see today, but the fact that can't be denied is that wrestlers today are far more athletic than they used to be, and are capable of so much more in the ring. The fans attitude has also changed as well. Hulk Hogan's in ring style was damn near perfect for the time, but no one is going to argue that Hogan was a great in ring technician. The man himself admits he basically had three punches and a leg drop. Fans of the era ate it up though. If you were to try to get a guy over with that same style in today's product, it wouldn't work. Times have changed and while some people still care about a good story and good psychology, most people just want to see high spots and flips. Neither side is wrong, but I disagree with Cornette's notion that newer guys are making a mockery of the business. It's wrestling, it's not a serious matter in the first place.

I think he also knows that his statements keep him in the public eye, so he plays it up. Sure, he might hate Joey Ryan, but the rants he goes on regarding Ryan and his superhuman penis are, in my opinion at least, just him playing his character to stay relevant in a changing industry.
Listening to his podcast I feel like his statements about joey ryan are his real feeling and not him playing a character to stay relevant vecause he really doesn't need or want that. I'm not going to argue about ryan and other guys that does stupid stuff like the penis stuff because I know that they are a small group of fans that does like that, but l actually agree with his position on this. Guys like ryan are a disgrace to the wrestling business and shouldn't be even accepted in the business and I feel like I'm not the only one thinking that.

When cornette is saying something bad about a wrestlers, I do believe it's his real feeling about the wrestler and not him trying to stay relevant like some fans and wrestlers believe. Because like he say, why would he want to stay relevant in the wrestling business since he doesn't want a full time gig anymore. The fact his cornette have more fans that most of the indy darlings have, so he doesn't need the attention that fans and wrestlers thing he need.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:28 AM
WZCW Grand Slam &
ECW Champion

El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...

Personally couldn't give a damn about Cornette. Sure, he may be fun to listen to. But, we've had FOUR authority figures pop up since March. Kinda have more than my fix. And Jeff Jarrett is already making cameos. Why did they need to bring Cornette exclusively as an on-screen GM? What good is that gonna do other than roll out another dirty suit off the TNA closet for people to pop at for a few weeks before they trot out the next one?

It's the usual problem. Instead of going for something new, they trot out what they once lost and it just accentuates it.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:16 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Killjoy View Post
Personally couldn't give a damn about Cornette. Sure, he may be fun to listen to. But, we've had FOUR authority figures pop up since March. Kinda have more than my fix. And Jeff Jarrett is already making cameos. Why did they need to bring Cornette exclusively as an on-screen GM? What good is that gonna do other than roll out another dirty suit off the TNA closet for people to pop at for a few weeks before they trot out the next one?

It's the usual problem. Instead of going for something new, they trot out what they once lost and it just accentuates it.
But that's the wrestling business in a nutshell, what old is new again, WWE does it, NXT does it and now GFW does it as well. Even in the indies they kinda do it as well. That's how the business works, i not saying that it's right but that's how the business work, if you can get new people watching while you bring somebody or something from the past, that's good for them.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:20 AM
WZCW Grand Slam &
ECW Champion

El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
But that's the wrestling business in a nutshell, what old is new again, WWE does it, NXT does it and now GFW does it as well. Even in the indies they kinda do it as well. That's how the business works, i not saying that it's right but that's how the business work, if you can get new people watching while you bring somebody or something from the past, that's good for them.
Do they do it literally every taping? Of course not. Nostalgia is only good once in a while. But GFW has been rolling out the old every single set of tapings since the start of the year. Dave Penzer, Matt Morgan, Magnus, Petey Williams, Low Ki, Sonjay Dutt, Karren Jarrett, Konnan, Homicide. Whenever TNA is in a pickle, de default reaction is to bring people from the past and say "Hey, remember him?"
Old 08-29-2017, 06:34 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Killjoy is spot on about the TNA using past talent to make themselves known again. Yes, it is a good thing but it demotes the newer talent that is with the promotion. It can show lack of faith to those that want to make GFW more than a glorified indie promotion. I am all for Cornette coming in if he does not eat up so much TV like many other past authority figures have and always do. GFW needs to focus short and long term at the same time or their product will never adapt and will remain a glorified indie promotion when GFW honestly deserves more.