WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-29-2017, 06:25 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Wwe still care about the arena an event is taking place. No Mercy will take place in Staples Center, an arena that used to be the home for Summerslam from 2009-2014. That's why they make it look more special. I too would like to see the match happen at Survivor Series or SSlam because the match would also feel bigger, but the Staples Center crowd will make it a classic.

Plus they'll need a program on RAW after Lesnar's gone and I don't think Cena vs Reigns will be one and done. A hot personal feud between Reigns and Cena until November will keep things interesting on RAW.

ALSO, will Cena either be there for Survivor Series? He was not last year. Plus they might wanted Cena vs Reigns to happen in order to make Roman feel like Lesnar. He also defeated Taker and he squashed Cena. Roman might lose at No Mercy but I wouldnt be suprised if he goes on to squash him at the next PPV or even squash him at the same arena Lesnar did, the Staples Center.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:19 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...

I wanted this to happen at Wrestlemania because I knew that Cena/Reigns would be good as it was last night and that Reigns/Lesnar probably wouldnt be this good.

It is Wrestlemania worthy feud but cant see its a bad thing to do it. WWE lacks legitimate stars. Back in the day it was easy to do Michaels/HHH or any other feud on any PPV and to feel big. Now other then Lesnar, Cena and Roman and with number of others like HHH and Taker gone or doing part time, they are in dire lack of true stars. Other factor that we need to look is that PPV concept now allows people who arent even worthy of PPV matches to have them because RAW or Smackdown have their own PPVs now. So you had matches like Zayn/Kannelis on Battleground PPV or "such 5 star classic" main event in Jinder/Orton Punjabi prison match were former World Champion Great Khali came back. So you see, now when they do big match like Cena/Reigns on B level PPV it just feels way bigger because right now PPV matches are there for the sake of it. Because B level PPV shows now are more like an episode of RAW or Smackdown and notPPV level content. And why wouldnt they do that, after all we are paying 5 dollars per PPV(9,99 and get two per month) and at current PPVs concept we are getting as much as we are paying from.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:36 AM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Yeah it's ridiculous how they're having this on a B-PPV like No Mercy.

But that's not really a big deal and is complaining for no reason.

This is a great feud. That promo from Cena last night was just insane. He made Roman look awful and verbally buried him. Yeah Reigns will be fine, and that was probably his best promo to date. However that's the problem. In Reigns best promo he got absolutely destroyed. It might be unfair to ask him to be on Cena's level, but being the guy brings that responsibility. He needs to be a viable replacement for Cena, and simply he's not.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:22 AM
WZCW's Living Legend
X-Division Champion

Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
Yeah it's ridiculous how they're having this on a B-PPV like No Mercy.

But that's not really a big deal and is complaining for no reason.

This is a great feud. That promo from Cena last night was just insane. He made Roman look awful and verbally buried him. Yeah Reigns will be fine, and that was probably his best promo to date. However that's the problem. In Reigns best promo he got absolutely destroyed. It might be unfair to ask him to be on Cena's level, but being the guy brings that responsibility. He needs to be a viable replacement for Cena, and simply he's not.
He said what much of the fanbase has been saying for a long time, but it has never been acknowledged on air. There was a time when Reigns garnered a large percentage of the fan support (remember how badly everyone wanted him to beat Batista in the '14 Royal Rumble?), but it stopped being organic. Cena has, for the most part, won over most of his nay-sayers...I think mostly because he has withstood their discontent for so many years.

But there is something very satisfying about having something that is painfully obvious simply acknowledged. I think it helped Cena, and I'm wondering if they are trying to employ a similar strategy with Reigns.

Reigns could really benefit from a longer program with Cena, and series of "B PPVs" that don't garner the pressure that comes with Wrestlemania might be the best place to do it.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:39 AM

Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...

No offence, but the complaint that big matches are given away on free TV/"throwaway PPVs" is easily the dumbest idea half the IWC run with when it comes to WWE.

4-5 years ago, it was that PPVs didn't feel special. WWE didn't care about their fans and just threw cards together. That was a valid complaint, because the show did generally suck.

Now they're putting a lot more stock into younger talent, making the entire years schedule matter (instead of only getting good around WM season), and the same fans are complaining that the show is too good. "WWE don't know what they're doing", because they're putting out an entertaining product apparently before they're supposed to.

As a fan, I'm glad these matches aren't being held off for another 7 months. I don't understand how people can ever hope to be entertained by WWE if they're going to complain when it's entertaining. Just seems dumb. Complaining for complainings sake.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:14 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat Ricky View Post
He said what much of the fanbase has been saying for a long time, but it has never been acknowledged on air. There was a time when Reigns garnered a large percentage of the fan support (remember how badly everyone wanted him to beat Batista in the '14 Royal Rumble?), but it stopped being organic. Cena has, for the most part, won over most of his nay-sayers...I think mostly because he has withstood their discontent for so many years.

But there is something very satisfying about having something that is painfully obvious simply acknowledged. I think it helped Cena, and I'm wondering if they are trying to employ a similar strategy with Reigns.

Reigns could really benefit from a longer program with Cena, and series of "B PPVs" that don't garner the pressure that comes with Wrestlemania might be the best place to do it.
Roman's biggest weakness is his mic skills. Simply put, he's not that good. So you would think WWE would cover up that weakness. Yes he's the face of the company, but every one has weaknesses, including Cena.

However WWE doesn't seem to realize this. They insist he does these long promos. Sometimes they don't work out, but last night he just got embarrassed.

People have been saying this for 3 years - let Reigns be a silent badass. How hard is that? It worked at TLC 2015, it worked in the Sheamus and HHH feud, it has worked against Strowman. Why won't it work against Cena?