WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-25-2017, 10:03 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default So, Eli Drake is GFW Champion

First, I've have to say that I'm a fan of eli drake. I think he's a really talented guy and I'm happy that the el patron situation made them look at him as the next champion.

Having said that, this really came out of nowhere. Since anthem bought the company and let the creative to jarrett and his guys, drake was pretty much use as a job guy for the company so seeing this make me think that somehow, they wanted to replicate the jinder mahal out of nowhere title win that wwe did a couple of months ago.

I'm not saying that this what happened, but the situation is strangely similar.

Now let see where this is going but just by reading the spoilers, I'm not optimistic about his title reigns.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:25 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

I can't compare it to what WWE did with Mahal, but I can agree that this one felt a little out of left field. Then again, why is that a bad thing? Surely the idea of giving someone like Drake, who has been cutting his teeth on IMPACT for the last two years trying to get into the main event scene, is a better choice than hot-shotting "Johnny Impact" or giving it back to someone like Lashley. Frankly, having him win despite being the second entrant (after "negotiating" his way out of the first slot — LOL) also made him look really good.

The beauty of Drake is (a) he's a fresh face, and (b) a hot heel who can verbally carry his way through any possible feud. But most importantly, in the wake of Patron, he's illustrative of rewarding long-term talents, not the "hottest free agent in sports entertainment", which is hopefully a strategy they continue to employ. Less RVD and el Patron. More Eli Drake and others like him who work for their opportunity to run with the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:35 PM
Clog Dancing on the Cobblestones
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

The other difference is that Drake was never treated like a loser. Mahal really doesn't have any special abilities or talents to set him apart. His career highlight coming into this year was a loss in the first NXT TItle match. Then all of a sudden he has the same title that Bruno Sammartino held. Drake might not have a great resume but he also hasn't been around long enough to develop a reputation as a nothing talent. He's also a better talker than most of the roster, giving him something to build on. It's a surprise, but not a ridiculous stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:31 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

Again, I can't speak to Mahal, but that's true of Drake. Even though he did lose a fair number of matches, he was never "jobbed out" for lack of a better term. He lost because he was the heel who ultimately lost in his feud, not because he was weak, or made to look like a joke. In fact, he was never made to look like a joke. Even in the funniest aspects of his feuds where he did a lot with his Fact of Life segment, or behind the desk with Tyrus, he came out looking strong. Always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:03 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I like Eli Drake and glad he won. He's fun to listen to on the mic for sure. He can carry himself and I personally feel he filled avoid that Anderson created when he left a while back. A solid upper card guy who could tip toe into the main event when needed. Drake is talented and can have many good feuds howeve, I see Johnny Impact winning the belt at Bound for Glory.

Btw, didn't Eric Young create the Global Championship belt prior to GFW's creation? Why not cal it a World Title hence the name is already Global? Anyway rant over.

Last edited by Starkist : 08-25-2017 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Apple thinks it knows what I am trying to write when it really doesn't.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:30 PM
WZCW Grand Slam &
ECW Champion

El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...

He's not the worst choice. Or even a bad one. But this would've been the ONE case where they should've put everything on the shiny new toy in the form of Johnny Mundo. Because at the very least, for that one episode he would've been the AAA Megachampion, Cruiserweight Champion and Latin American Champion. On top of that, he's the current Lucha Underground Champion on TV, I mean, he's by far the biggest name they have. For this one case, I think GFW should've given him the title and build to Eli Drake taking it at BFG. It would've benefitted everyone.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:43 AM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

Eli Drake is one of the best talkers in wrestling. Here's a throwback to his days in CWFH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws1qqznH1bE

Aside from this, he's serviceable in the ring. And I don't have a problem with him being the champ. My thing is, who's a face that he can compete with right now? You got guys like Moose and Eddie Edwards, but I really get the feeling that GFW wants to build towards a feud with Johnny Impact (God I hate that name), and as been stated in the past, he's another guy that's better suited as a heel himself. Eli needs to have equally good counterparts to make his reign mean something.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:32 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I kinda have this weird feeling that he just got the title because they didn't want to fans saying that they talked about how they wanted to focus on jome grown talent and not using big name as champion like they did with el patron. So that way, they build him up as a heel champion just so he can drop the belt to johnny impact at bound for glory.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:13 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

EC3 would've been the better choice. If you want to get the promotion restarted and epic feud between him and Morrison would've been the way to go. You can change the name (Global Force) from (TNA) but the product is still terrible. Get back to what made you great. 6 sided ring with great ring action. You can't beat WWE at their game you have to be different.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:02 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Here is a fact of life: Eli Drake like Jinder Mahal? (Dummy! Yeah.) GFW was going to move forward handing ANOTHER castoff the World strap? (Dummy! Yeah.) Drake was a very good, HEEL choice. He can talk, he can wrestle, and he would be able to hold the belt for a while. You CANNOT keep giving the belt to Lashley and say with a straight face that you are building stars. Drake was a great decision for the long term. Will Johnny Mundo win the strap? Eventually. But, for right now, Drake is what the doctor ordered. And that is just a fact of life, Dummy! (Yeah!)