WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-08-2017, 03:24 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Based on various reports, the layout of the WWE landscape right now and a little guess work, the final card should look something like this:

WWE SummerSlam Kickoff Show
1. WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Neville vs. Akira Tozawa

2. WWE SD Tag Team Championship - The New Day vs. The Usos

3. Tag Team Match - The Hardy Boyz vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson

WWE SummerSlam Main Card
1. WWE Championship - Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

2. WWE Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman

3. WWE Intercontinental Championship - The Miz vs. Jason Jordan

4. WWE United States Championship - AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens

3. WWE Raw Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks

4. WWE SD Women's Championship - Naomi vs. Natalya

5. WWE Raw Tag Team Championship - Sheamus & Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose

6. Singles Match - John Cena vs. Baron Corbin

7. Singles Match - Randy Orton vs. Rusev

8. Singles Match - Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt

9. Singles Match - Big Show vs. Big Cass (with Enzo Amore suspected above the ring in a shark cage.)
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Knockout Champion

LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Apparently we aren't getting an interpromotional match this year. I really thought this was the best time for Reigns vs Cena, but they could be waiting til Mania since Cena is apparently moving to Raw.

Other than that, Charlotte is the only one I think you overlooked. I'd prefer to see her in a 1 on 1 match, but I think they'll end up throwing her in a tag match. Something like her and Becky vs. Camella and Tamina/Tamina and Lana.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think outside of the hardy'S and charlotte, every major name has a match on summerslam this year.

I wouldn't be surprise if we get some sort of tag match between Charlotte and becky vs lana and tamina on the summerslam kickoff because it seem to be headed this direction with lana challenging charlotte for a match tonight.

As for the hardy's, i don't know what you are going to do with them at summerslam. The only thing i could see is if they put them in a match with gallows and anderson but at they did that match so many times lately, i don'T thing it's main card worthy and if they decide to do this, it might be a kickoff match as well.

Also forgot about The Miz but i wouldn't be surprise if they decide to do a Miz TV segment to advance is storyline with Jason Jordan.

Outside of that, with Cena'S match probably being confirm on tonight'S smackdown, i don't see anything else missing this year. it'S not a great card but they have some really strong matches schedule for the show.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:35 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

WWE SummerSlam Kickoff Show

1. The Hardy Boyz & Jason Jordan vs. The Miz & The Miztourage - We already saw this match this past Monday on Raw, so the only reason to do it again was to give the heels a win, which is what happened. As a result, we'll probably get the rubber match on Raw. It was an okay match for a kickoff show match, nothing overly special though it did continue the build for what looks like an eventual IC title feud between Miz and Jordan. The Miz scores the win for his team after making a blind tag and hitting Jordan with the SCF a little past the 10.5 minute mark. **1/4

2. WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Akira Tozawa vs. Neville - It was a good effort overall and both these two have good chemistry with one another. However, the ending is one of those where it makes me think that Vince suddenly changed his mind for seemingly no apparent reason. Neville was in the middle of a great 200+ day run, so why interrupt it simply to put the title on someone for less than a week? Neville regains the title about the 12 minute mark after hitting Red Arrow. ***1/4

3. WWE SD Tag Team Championship - The New Day vs. The Usos - Another fantastic match in a series of fantastic matches featuring these two teams. Each match of their feud has been a bit better than the one before it and this one was no exception as they just have that magic with each other. There were some great near falls scattered through the match and everyone involved was given an opportunity to shine. Why this wasn't on the main card is another one of those things that makes you wonder just what Vince is thinking. The ending was a bit of a surprise as I expected the New Day to retain the titles. The end comes about the 20 minute mark with Big E taking a double Samoan splash with one Uso landing on his upper body while the other landed across his lower body for the clean win. ****1/4

WWE SummerSlam Main Card

1. John Cena vs. Baron Corbin - It was weird seeing Cena in the opening match. The match was pretty solid overall, it went pretty much the way I figured it would. Corbin got in a good amount of offense but I never once felt like Cena was even in the slightest bit of danger. Cena hits the AA for the win maybe 20 seconds past the 10 minute mark. **1/2

2. WWE SD Women's Championship - Naomi vs. Natalya - This was an entertaining showing for the ladies. They worked hard and it was a nice mix of athleticism vs. technical ability. Naomi managed to escape the Sharpshooter once in the match and showed some courage. The end comes with Natalya countering a split legged moonsault attempt from Naomi by getting her knees up. She then slaps her in the Sharpshooter once again, this time forcing Naomi to tap out about the 11 minute mark. ***1/4

3. The Big Show vs. Big Cass - This was the weakest match of the night. That's not to say that it was completely awful, Big Show did a great job of selling his injured hand throughout the match and the told a decent story overall. The problem was that the offense was just flat out dull and the fact that everyone was waiting to see how Enzo would try to affect the match didn't help. Enzo managed to slip through the bars of the shark cage after pouring some oil all over himself he had stashed in his underwear though he wound up eating a running boot from Cass the moment his feet touched the mat. Cass hit a couple of running boots on Big Show before hitting the Empire Elbow for the win at the 10.5 minute mark. *1/4

4. Randy Orton vs. Rusev - This match was too short to rate but I was entirely satisfied with how this turned out. I had less interest in this match, which is to say I had no interest whatsoever, so I'm glad they kept it very short. It ultimately started with Rusev jumping Orton from behind before the match started while Orton was doing his pre match posing and posturing to the crowd. After spending a few minutes beating Orton around on the outside, he rolled him back into the ring and the ref separated them, checking on Orton to see if he was okay to start the match. Orton gives the ref the okay, the bell rings, Rusev charges into the corner but slams into the turnbuckles after Orton moves, he staggers out of the corner a bit before eating a wicked looking RKO and Orton wins in about 10 seconds. NA

5. WWE Raw Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks - Another good women's title match and this match ultimately went about like I figured, except for the ending. Bliss works well with Sasha as this one, plus their last encounter at Great Balls of Fire, has been her best in-ring work on the main roster. Some good storytelling and action all around and I liked how Bliss kept countering the Bank Statement by putting pressure on Sasha's "injured" arm at various times. The match ultimately ended about 20 seconds past the 13 minute mark with Bliss finally tapping out to the Bank Statement, making Sasha Banks a 4 time Raw Women's Champion. ***1/4

6. Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt - A good match, though nothing terribly special apart from Balor's entrance and it was interesting to see Bray Wyatt coming off as a bit intimidated by Balor's "Demon" persona. The entrance and the persona are the only reasons why this match really even went down. Balor picks up the win at the 10.5 minute mark via the Coup de Grace. **3/4

7. WWE Raw Tag Team Championship - Sheamus & Cesaro vs. Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins - This was a helluva match with both teams working hard and the crowd being completely invested. It started off slow but really picked up in the last 12 minutes or so with some really fun near falls and a few flashy moves from Rollins here and there. The end comes about the 20 minute mark after Rollins delivers a springboard hurricanrana that takes Cesaro off the tope rope and drives him into Sheamus as they attempt to deliver their double team White Noise finisher. Rollins then catches Sheamus with the big knee only for Ambrose to hit Dirty Deeds to pick up the win and the tag titles. ****1/4

8. WWE United States Championship - AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens - A great effort from both men that featured just the right amount of involvement of Shane McMahon as the special referee. Shane had some moments, mostly those where he wound up being accidentally hit through shenanigans of Kevin Owens, but nothing he did or happened to him overshadowed the match itself. There was a nice little false finish after Owens hit Styles with the Pop up Powerbomb, Shane did technically count three but he saw that AJ Styles had his foot on the lower rope about the same time his hand made the three count. As the match continued, Styles eventually gains the upper hand and winds up hitting the Phenomenal Forearm before putting the finishing touch on Owens by hitting the Styles Clash for the win about the 18 minute mark. ***3/4

9. WWE Championship - Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - This match was just plain dull because Jinder Mahal is just plain dull. I've kept waiting to see if Jinder would break on through to that next level, I haven't criticized the guy or blasted WWE for putting the title on him as I wanted to give him time. Well, it's been over 3 months now and Jinder is still dull in the ring, he's dull as a character, he's dull on the mic and all of his matches end the same with the Singh Brothers providing some sort of interference to help him win. At the very, very best, Jinder is an average wrestler with a phenomenal physique and it's getting time for him to drop the strap. **

10. WWE Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman - This was one highly energetic, chaotic brawl that pretty much obliterated the ringside area and made Braun Strowman look even more like a star than he already has. Strowman owned Lesnar tonight, there's just no other way to put it as their interactions resulted in Strowman physically dominating Lesnar the way Lesnar dominates just about everyone else. The spots where Strowman powerslammed Lesnar through two announce tables really got the crowd going, though they were going from bell to bell. Reigns and Joe both got their licks in on Lesnar as well, giving strong showings of themselves. Lesnar himself also came off looking like a badass after staggering back to the ringside area after being carted out on a stretcher due to Strowman's powerslams. The end comes about the 21 minute mark after the ring is cleared except for Reigns and Lesnar, Lesnar delivers an F-5 to Roman Reigns to retain the Universal Championship. A very, very satisfying ending to a well built match. ****3/4

Final Thoughts - From an overall perspective, I thought SummerSlam was a fun show. there were a few decisions that were head scratchers such as why Neville regained the Cruiserweight Championship less than a week after his 200+ day reign was ended, and why the morst boring wrestler on the roster, Jinder Mahal, is still WWE Champion. The matches that ultimately delivered the most were both the Women's & Tag Team Championship matches, the US Championship match and the Universal Championship main event. SummerSlam was a much stronger show, in my opinion, this year than it was last year but it wasn't remotely as good as TakeOver: Brooklyn III though I can't say I was at all surprised by that.

Grade: B
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 08-21-2017, 02:04 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

The WWE held its 2nd biggest show of the year tonight. This year's Summerslam event had a very stacked card, much like Wrestlemania did. I'd say that it met expectations. There were plenty of matches from both brands and every title was up for grabs except for the Intercontinental Championship. Let's take a look at this show.

Pre-show: Hardys & Jason Jordan VS Miz & The Miztourage
I missed this because I was out getting snacks and waters for the PPV party before the main card started. I'm not in any way unhappy that I missed this. The end result was dumb, but since it was on the pre-show it doesn't matter anyway.

Pre-show: Akira Tozawa VS Neville [Cruiserweight Championship]
Neville should never have lost the title to begin with. This made Tozawa's win completely pointless. I hate it then the WWE does this. It's one of my biggest pet peeves with them. No surprise at all that this was on the pre-show.

Pre-show: New Day VS The Usos [Smackdown Tag Team Championship]
This ended up being good, especially for a pre-show match. The titles going back to The Usos was just about as dumb as Neville getting the Cruiserweight Championship back. Really not sure where they are going here unless Breezango needed heels to feud with for the titles. They should be next instead of continuing this feud further.

Baron Corbin VS John Cena
Yeah, this sucked. Corbin must have made the wrong people angry backstage. It's a bad sign when the most entertaining thing about Corbin is when he gets called a Dumpster Fire by Cena. He wasn't ready for a big push and I doubt he recovers from this week. The new entrance theme is cool at least.

Natalya VS Naomi [Smackdown Women's Championship]
This was about as good as it was going to get. Natalya is better than Naomi so her winning was the right call, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I would much rather Becky or Charlotte had gotten the title shot at this show. I am genuinely shocked that Carmella did not cash in.

Big Cass VS Big Show
Stupid, stupid, stupid! Shark Cage matches are always dumb. Enzo escaping from the cage after all his weird antics up there, only to get kicked by Cass was the only good thing about the match. Cass should move on to another feud next and Big Show can keep on being boring in some other feud.

Randy Orton VS Rusev
Seriously? This can't even be called a match. I love the RKO finisher as much as the next fan, yet I'm not sure why this was so short of a match. Granted it was lazily built up, so at least we got it over with.

Alexa Bliss VS Sasha Banks [Raw Women's Championship]
The better of the two Women's Championship matches. I do like Alexa more though I would have been fine with either outcome. Not much else to say here. It was fine and an improvement the string of stupid matches we had before it on this show.

Bray Wyatt VS Finn Balor
Much better! Had a lot of fun with this one. Finn winning was the right call and he got a good match out of Bray here.

Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins VS Sheamus & Cesaro [Raw Tag Team Championship]
The story had been awesome going into this match. It ended up being the second best of the night, behind the Universal Championship match. I'm really glad Dean and Seth won. They'll be much better Tag Team Champions than Sheamus & Cesaro were. One of the funnier moments of the night was Cesaro going after the beach balls to pop them.

AJ Styles VS Kevin Owens [United States Championship match with Shane as guest referee]
This was another fun one. I've enjoyed the feud overall and the addition of Shane as the ref gave it additional layers. Owens arguing with Shane was funny. I'd imagine AJ moves on to Sami next. Owens, despite losing in the midcard title match, moving on to Jinder wouldn't surprise me. Stranger things have happened.

Jinder Mahal VS Shinsuke Nakamura [World Heavyweight Championship]
Dang, even Shinsuke couldn't get an entertaining match out of Jinder. The India tour must be why he retained. The guy isn't entertaining in the ring and he's generic in promos. Time for someone else to get a shot and hopefully dethrone Jinder.

Brock Lesnar VS Roman Reigns VS Samoa Joe VS Braun Strowman [Universal Championship]
Even though I disagreed with Lesnar retaining.... This was the match of the night. The big star was Braun Strowman. The table breaking spots, throwing chairs, and the battle he had with Roman using the steel steps were all great. Strowman should have won in all honesty, he has never looked more like a monster and they need to put the Universal Championship on him sooner rather than later. My big concern is that we get stuck with the main event level guys having nothing to do until Brock decides to show up again. The only thing stopping this from being a match of the year contender was the result.

Overall Thoughts
The show for the most part was good. The two World Championship matches having the wrong result hurt it and that string of stupid matches in the first half of the show prevented it from being the best show of the year. Still a pretty big step up for the blue brand's content compared to Battleground. Raw's content was a step down from Great Balls Of Fire. I put it at #3 of the year so far. NXT had the better event yet again for a Big 4 weekend. We're back to single brand shows next month with Raw's No Mercy. Smackdown doesn't appear to have a September event, oddly enough. Unless I missed something.

Dagger's 2017 WWE PPV Rankings
1. Wrestlemania 33
2. Great Balls Of Fire 2017
3. Summerslam 2017
4. Money In The Bank 2017
5. Elimination Chamber 2017
6. Royal Rumble 2017
7. Backlash 2017
8. Payback 2017
9. Extreme Rules 2017
10. Battleground 2017
11. Fastlane 2017

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:55 AM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The problem with Summerslam this year was, it was very clearly a one match show. And you had to sit through 12 matches to get to that one match. I think that put a damper on the whole evening.

The Good: Both Women's title matches surprised me. The RAW Tag Team Championship match was good (couldn't catch the pre-show but I heard the Smackdown one was just as good if not better), AJ/KO had by far their best match together and the main event was great.

The Bad: Baron Corbin is finished. It was obvious when Cena went out of the ring a minute into the match to put on JBL's hat, he wasn't taking this match or Corbin seriously. Big Show vs. Cass... there's nothing to say about this, and apparently the crowd couldn't find anything either. The crowd overall was lackluster which didn't help things. Orton/Rusev didn't necessarily bother me but it didn't help anything. Nothing was accomplished. Finn vs. Wyatt was uneventful. Jinder vs. Nakamura...

Oh boy...

Jinder vs. Nakamura.

Let's just say I'm gonna have to do some spackle work today.

The bad far outweighed the good here, it was a, I don't want to say weak, but weird card that had potential but ultimately failed to deliver.

I hated this show. Admittedly it's for one particular reason, Nakamura losing and the way in which he lost... but I wasn't particularly enjoying my night prior to that happening. There was some good wrestling to behold and admire but not really anything much beyond that. I went to bed last night thinking I'd give this show an F, but maybe that's a bit too harsh.

I give it a D. Any other show it might've gotten a bit higher of a grade, but this is supposed to be your second biggest show of the year, and in no way did it feel like it.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:28 PM

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

All matches on the kickoff show were predictable and generally uninteresting. Skipped.

Cena vs Baron was filler and nothing more. If they were just going to bury Baron I wouldn't mind someone newer or so doing it, but I don't care either way. I'd say it was better than Randy shoveling more dirt on Rusev's coffin, but at least the RKO was a cool moment and pallet cleanser. Rusev is so far down it doesn't even matter at this point.

Women's wrestling in WWE is still beyond hard to get invested in. At least someone who can wrestle won the title though. Literally anyone is better than Alexa maybe minus Dana and if we're reaching maybe Nia. I skimmed the Naomi match, but I'm glad Natalya won. I don't really favor either of them and both are talented to a noticeable degree in their respective ways.

Finn Balor is boring. The entrance lost it's luster and he is just void of energy while doing usually hyped things. I don't really blame him considering who he's in the ring with. Can't handle anymore spooky kid friendly cult leader Bray. It was okay. Nothing more and probably less. Kind of feel the same way with the Shinsuke vs Jinder Mahal match. Glad it happened at least once, but man Jinders promos and matches are all similar. It's like Seth Rollins and J&J, but a bit less cowardly and Indian. Also Rollins charisma and ability to make most things work far exceeds Jinders.

Big Show vs Big Cass was boring to the degree where I dozed off for 10 minutes and it was still going on somehow when I woke back up. Enzo is a one trick pony with back legs that don't work.

I liked Ambrose / Rollins versus Sheamus & Cesaro. It was actually entertaining for the most part and the storytelling was there, but I kind of expect that even on throwaway matches with the 4 participants. Cool they won. Also Cesaro versus Beach ball was cool.

The fatal four way was entertaining, but I couldn't get into it. Predictable, but it's all good. It's nice seeing Roman not seem like the only person who can win in a match,but I'd honestly take Roman being champion if we get getting matches of this consistent of insane caliber. I'm fine with any of the four at this point, but if there's one I might want to see above the others it's Joe.

Okay show. 2 Entertaining matches out the entire thing. None of them are as good as like 8 that Okada had this year. So it's whatever. Didn't pay for it so I can't complain.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:56 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Personally i loved this show. I Grew up watching 80's WWE and the way they booked summerslam this year made me remember how you use to book wrestling back in the day. You had 2 categories of matches, the main event matches and the mid card matches. You would give less time to the mid card matches because they were their to make the main events matches look special.

So if you look at the pre show, the 6 man tag and the cruiserweight title matches we're left short so that the main event of the preshow which was the smackdown tag title match looks like the greatest match ever.

Same goes for the main card, if you look at the card, the last four matches we're the important one on the card and all four delivered, but the rest of the card was their to make the main event matches look good.

Personally, anytime i watch a long wwe Special event like summerslam and i don'T fall asleep by the second match i qualifies it as a great event and this one was a great event, by the time the Raw tag team matches happened, i look at the clock and we where more also two hour and half into the event and i didn'T see it pass. Everything felt into place.

I know that i might be in the minority that like this type of booking because most fans that go on wrestling board would rather see NXT type booking were every matches is a 20 plus minutes matches, but i like how some matches that really weren'T important as much we're given less time, i made for a more enjoyable show in my opinion. again that how they use to book WWE shows back in the late 80's so that might be just me liking more the old school WWE approach of booking compare to NXT style of booking but i thought personally that this was a really entertaining show even the comedy segment with Daniel bryan and Kurt angle which made me laugh really hard.

P.S: i quick thanks to cesaro for taking the beachball away and pretty much destroying it, Having a beachball at a wrestling event is dumb and shouldn't be allow and i this was the moment of the event for me because Cesaro pretty much shoot on the fans by doing this.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:20 PM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

This was a fun show there was no 5 star classic but ended in a pretty high note.

Match Breakdown!

John Cena vs. Baron Corbin - A basic match, Corbin looked terrible here and it's obvious Cena will only be brought to have safe matches to avoid injury since he's doing movies. Grade C-

SD Women's Championship: Natalya vs. Naomi - Good match and it's always nice to see creative and new spots in setting up or breaking up the Sharpshooter. Happy Natalya won since I wasn't really feeling the glow. That said there are more over women in the SD roster that would probably be better suited for this match. Grade B-

Big Cass vs. The Big Show - Cass doesn't have it, Big Show is Big Show, and Enzo's promo is starting to get tiresome and the lack of crowd reaction shows it. Basically this match is what bath room breaks are for. Grade D

Randy Orton vs. Rusev - Basically a nothing match, so this twice in a row for Rusev? Grade N/A

RAW Women's Championship: Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks - So Bayley get's booed and Sasha get's some boo's over Alexa Bliss. It goes to show how poor booking can cool of even the most talented of athletes. Though in fairness I am starting to really like Alexa Bliss, I just wished she didn't have to imitate Harley Quinn from the Suicide Squad movie (doesn't help that I hated the movie and found Margot Robbie to be very overrated in the role).

Ok going back! This was a good match and I think booking wise WWE was stuck in a hard place on who would win. If Sasha Wins it cools of some of Alexa Bliss' progress and heat as a heel, if Alexa Wins that's another singles/non-tag team match Sasha loses on PPV.

That said I like this match Sasha is always reliable and can have good matches and I see a bit of Main Event Miz in Alexa playing the pesty heel perfectly. Grade B

Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt - Balor is awesome, Wyatt not so much. There's no heat to this match since of the guys Balor had to work with and Wyatt looks like a character that would have better of in Attitude Era. I do have to give props to the psychology of Balor's Demon King being the one that plays the mind games over Wyatt. That was cool. Still, while the match had some good spots, it was a bit too long for what the match offered. But I am glad Balor won so additional props must be added. Grade B-

RAW Tag Team Championship: Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins vs. Cesaro and Sheamus - Elephant in the room, The Beach Volleyball is more over than half of the Wrestlers competing in this show :P

Now on to the match. THIS MATCH WAS FREAKING GREAT!!! It was the match of the night and this is what Tag Team Wrestling should be about. Creativity, dynamic, unpredictable, and never slowing down. My main gripe of WWE tag team matches is that they always follow the script (beat up and double team one face, face team hot tags, finish) this match did have a few hot tags but this was mostly guys tagging in and out at the latter half, full of action, and a great finish. Best yet, the right guys won. Grade A-

US Championship: AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens w/ Shane McMahon as the Referee - Very good match and, while I am not normally a fan of special referees, the story here worked perfectly. My big problem on this match is Shane McMahon taking basic ref bumps and selling it like a ref (i.e. incapacitated for a very long period). Come on, you just told us Shane could stand toe to toe with Undertaker at Hell in a Cell, AJ Styles, and 5 members of the RAW roster including Braun Strauman. Now he gets bump and is KO'ed? Eh. Still good match. Grade B+

WWE World Championship: Shinskue Nakamura vs. Jinder Mahal - My opinion of this match will depend on who wins here. Why? Because Jinder Mahal sucks and is not main event material and fans were ready for Nakamura to be the Champion here. So guess what happens? Basic match, Mahal wins and meh. Grade C-

WWE Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strauman vs. Samoa Joe - I love how the only baby face in this match is the one the crowd despises lol. Some things of note Braun Strauman is a star in the making, maybe not to be THE GUY, but an attraction. Can anyone say Lesnar vs. Strauman at WM?

Ok for the match, this was a trainwreck. But in a good way. The carnage early on was fantastic to watch, though that alone was a double edge sword. While memorable the problem here is that it happened to early. So as the match kept going it just became your typical Fatal Four Way Match with the guys hitting their spots. So It's amazing at the beginning but only pretty good as it went along. Still put both together and it's still a good match if not a tad exhausting (especially considering how long the show has gone). Grade B

Overall this was good show. A Solid Main Event with some great spots. An amazing tag team match and some solid matches from start to finish.

Overall Grade B