WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-11-2017, 08:24 AM
Knockout Champion

LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaRRStruck View Post
Randy Orton was almost completely re-vitalized during his run-in with The Wyatts. SDL was fresh and at least attempting to have unique storylines last year and it felt like this one was a part of the shows core for 5-6 months.

They played it slow and methodical, with Orton and Bray showing up big at Survivor Series and RR. But WWE would ultimately fuck this up by feeding Bray to Randy at 'Mania. I didn't mind Randy going in as face but he should of lost and turned heel. Instead of sending Bray to RAW, Randy could of filled that void. Bray could've got a lengthy reign and Jinder could've won the US title.

Instead... were stuck with a directionless Randy and a bland Bray "Never gonna win the big one so none of this creepy poetry matters" Wyatt. The only way now I can see Randy Orton being re-vitalized is doing something new with his career instead of being in main event title picture or in upper mid-card feuds. This match with Rusev is pointless even if Randy goes over it doesn't do shit for him and obviously does no favours for Rusev. Orton needs to go for the US title or maybe form a tag team. I know it sounds odd for a 13 time world champ but everyone needs to step away and freshen up sometimes (See Cena 2014). Maybe even a slight tweak to his gimmick which hasn't really seen a MAJOR change since 2010-11 (Sadistic/Legacy Orton to Babyface Apex Predator).

All in all, going from the RR winner to losing 3 times to Jinder Mahal on PPV can't make you that important to the Main Event. Wouldn't hurt to try another place on the card.
Agree with all of this. I never got all the title changes early this year. Styles should have gone into Mania as champ and defended in a triple threat against Orton and Wyatt imo, with Wyatt coming out new champ. Then send Orton off to Raw where he either already is heel (like I said, Wyatt should've played the face role in their feud) or at the very least, he turns heel after going to Raw and starting something up with Balor, Rollins, or Reigns. He could've even formed an alliance with Samoa Joe as Triple H's henchmen, seeking out revenge on Rollins after the Mania win. I could easily see a good program down the road between Orton and Joe when Joe breaks away and turns face, wanting to be his own man.

As I said in my earlier post in this thread, there's just nothing much for him as a face on SDL with the rosters as they are now. Owens and Corbin are the only top heels he hasn't feuded with yet, and can you imagine the level of boredom Orton vs Corbin would bring? I'm convinced Owens can carry a feud with a mannequin, so they could make that work. But Owens is going to have to be turned face eventually, you hear how much he gets cheered every week. Owens and Orton could easily pull off a double turn.

But Orton to Raw in the next superstar shakeup is a no-brainer. If I were them, I wouldn't even wait that long and I'd just make a "trade" for someone like Big Cass directly after SummerSlam.

Last edited by LODemolition : 08-11-2017 at 08:28 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Orton is an interesting case... in some ways his longevity is actually working against him, especially when you look at it from the perspective of how he HASN'T gotten himself fired. In truth, I've not been interested in him particularly since his aborted run with Wade Barrett, where he got tossed down the stairs... and that suspension killed Barrett's career as surely as Ziggler and Thwagger injuring him.

Despite his ahem, evolution over the years Orton doesn't actually change... he's a safe pair of hands for WWE to put into a title picture, championship role or to put someone over. The fans don't "love him" but they don't mind him either... in many ways he is like a modern Bret Hart circa 1996 or Jericho in 2004-5... People are so comfortable with him that they can't quite imagine life without him, until he is gone for a spell.

The best way to revitalize or energize Orton in the eyes of the fans and booking is to allow the fans to miss him.

He needs to take 1 or 2 years away from the business completely... no shock appearances, no "we're short cos of injuries, we need to have you here on Monday..." 2 years of no Orton at all...

He is young enough to take that kind of break and be able to perform at the same level when he returns...and having that break would make people miss him and possibly prolong his career.

That might be cos the guys they choose to replace him might fail, or someone steps up who you thing "Orton would be GREAT against this guy..."

The formula worked to an extent for Bret Hart in 1996, taking that time off did reivigorate him, albiet for a short time in the WWF, but in that year he was back he got two stellar matches with Austin, helped get Taker over as a legit main eventer rather than attraction and helped kickstart Attitude. Better proof is Chris Jericho when he was dragged kicking and screaming from RAW in 2005... We never saw him or heard of him on WWE TV for 2 years until the cryptic "SAVE US Y2J" stuff began and people were buzzing, not cos the product was stale but cos they really wanted Jericho back... likewise when he returned at the Rumble to that monster pop.

10 years after his original "return from the wilderness" (ironically against Orton) Jericho is still one of the most over and reliable workers the company has... the key to that longevity was the two years he took away doing Dancing with the Stars, singing with Fozzy and doing the family thing. Now Jericho goes away, even for a few months, we miss him.

We never get the chance to miss Orton cos he is ALWAYS there, and you get the sense that it would take nuclear war to shift Orton from the spot he's in and even then like a cockroach, there'd be Orton right near the top of the card...

To many people who know his history, Randy has led somewhat of a charmed life in that he's been given chance after chance in spite of often shocking behavior, and gotten away with things that other talents would be crucified, buried, fired or worse for (his dad bleeding on Taker or shitting in a bag for example) if they had done it and especially his drug issues.

However, he does seem to have turned it around behaviour wise, pretty much since he remarried so the chances of that 3rd strike seem to have vanished. But in someways, even being fired a few years back could have been a boon to Randy in the long term, he'd have been back by now and hot in that "bad boy" way that Brock failed to capitalize on after his recent failed test.

As it stands 2 years is unrealistic so 1 might do... could WWE do just ONE year without Randy Orton? Not cos of injury, but cos it would force them to think of new ways of booking without reverting to him... it would be a risk, but it's one worth taking and from Orton's perspective, even if it was a years paid sabbatical with his kids etc... it can only help him personally as well as professionally...especially if he is seriously wanting to be a top guy for the next decade, which he could be...

Last edited by THTRobtaylor : 08-11-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:03 AM
Knockout Champion

Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THTRobtaylor View Post
Orton is an interesting case... in some ways his longevity is actually working against him, especially when you look at it from the perspective of how he HASN'T gotten himself fired. In truth, I've not been interested in him particularly since his aborted run with Wade Barrett, where he got tossed down the stairs... and that suspension killed Barrett's career as surely as Ziggler and Thwagger injuring him.

Despite his ahem, evolution over the years Orton doesn't actually change... he's a safe pair of hands for WWE to put into a title picture, championship role or to put someone over. The fans don't "love him" but they don't mind him either... in many ways he is like a modern Bret Hart circa 1996 or Jericho in 2004-5... People are so comfortable with him that they can't quite imagine life without him, until he is gone for a spell.

The best way to revitalize or energize Orton in the eyes of the fans and booking is to allow the fans to miss him.

He needs to take 1 or 2 years away from the business completely... no shock appearances, no "we're short cos of injuries, we need to have you here on Monday..." 2 years of no Orton at all...

He is young enough to take that kind of break and be able to perform at the same level when he returns...and having that break would make people miss him and possibly prolong his career.

That might be cos the guys they choose to replace him might fail, or someone steps up who you thing "Orton would be GREAT against this guy..."

The formula worked to an extent for Bret Hart in 1996, taking that time off did reivigorate him, albiet for a short time in the WWF, but in that year he was back he got two stellar matches with Austin, helped get Taker over as a legit main eventer rather than attraction and helped kickstart Attitude. Better proof is Chris Jericho when he was dragged kicking and screaming from RAW in 2005... We never saw him or heard of him on WWE TV for 2 years until the cryptic "SAVE US Y2J" stuff began and people were buzzing, not cos the product was stale but cos they really wanted Jericho back... likewise when he returned at the Rumble to that monster pop.

10 years after his original "return from the wilderness" (ironically against Orton) Jericho is still one of the most over and reliable workers the company has... the key to that longevity was the two years he took away doing Dancing with the Stars, singing with Fozzy and doing the family thing. Now Jericho goes away, even for a few months, we miss him.

We never get the chance to miss Orton cos he is ALWAYS there, and you get the sense that it would take nuclear war to shift Orton from the spot he's in and even then like a cockroach, there'd be Orton right near the top of the card...

To many people who know his history, Randy has led somewhat of a charmed life in that he's been given chance after chance in spite of often shocking behavior, and gotten away with things that other talents would be crucified, buried, fired or worse for (his dad bleeding on Taker or shitting in a bag for example) if they had done it and especially his drug issues.

However, he does seem to have turned it around behaviour wise, pretty much since he remarried so the chances of that 3rd strike seem to have vanished. But in someways, even being fired a few years back could have been a boon to Randy in the long term, he'd have been back by now and hot in that "bad boy" way that Brock failed to capitalize on after his recent failed test.

As it stands 2 years is unrealistic so 1 might do... could WWE do just ONE year without Randy Orton? Not cos of injury, but cos it would force them to think of new ways of booking without reverting to him... it would be a risk, but it's one worth taking and from Orton's perspective, even if it was a years paid sabbatical with his kids etc... it can only help him personally as well as professionally...especially if he is seriously wanting to be a top guy for the next decade, which he could be...
Wow this idea is terrible. From a business standpoint, it makes no sense. Orton taking a year off does nothing if he returns and is exactly the same. The problem is his lack of an actual gimmick, not that he's been around too long. I liked him being a part of the Wyatt Family and thought that they should have ran with that.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:57 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Randy Orton has done everything that you can basically do in the WWE and then some. Now he is getting older and has an extended family. He just got married a couple of years ago to a woman with 3 boys, they just had a little girl and he has a child from his first marriage.

With him not doing house shows anymore he seems to be cutting back on performing, probably preferring to spend the time at home with the wife and kids. I don't think he has anything to be ashamed about with regards to his career, it's been a pretty good one. He can walk away with his head held high.

Wouldn't blame him at all if he wanted to take some time off, a year or so, maybe come back for one last run and then retire. Unlike Cena, even though Orton come from a long wrestling line, I don't think he feels the same way about it. Cena bleeds WWE, Orton doesn't.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:00 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I really don't see how Randy is in a place where he needs to be salvaged. Along with Cena and Brock, Randy is one of the biggest stars in the Post-War Era group of wrestlers. He's done just about everything he possibly can in the WWE and has an extremely popular finisher. Sure his feud with Rusev seems incredibly random and lazily put together, however I really see no problem with Orton at this time. He does work better as a heel although I am fine with him being a face too. The only thing other than a heel turn that I'd want to see are for them to put him into additional feuds that have more layers to them. Say what you will about the Bray Wyatt match and the images of bugs in the ring, but that feud was very entertaining. I want more of that. Beyond that, just have him keep doing what he does best. RKO out of nowhere! Seriously. He's fine.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.