WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-29-2017, 06:50 PM

fallensaviour is looking to come up from OCW...

Public Enemy was always a favorite team of mine that I don't usually see listed on best teams list. But then again I might have nostalgia goggles on.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:49 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

Out of your list I would say the Bulldogs, Maybe if Dymanite had taken care of himself better and didn't create so many problems backstage they could have easily been talked about as the greatest team of all time, In my opinion they still are but they get over looked too often when the greatest tag teams are discussed.

Outside your list I would say the Hayes and Garvin version of the Freebirds, The original Freebirds with Hayes, Roberts and Gordy were great but I think Hayes and Garvin version was equal and the most entertaining part of the old NWA/WCW shows from that era but they never seemed to get a main run or reached the same success level as the original version and mainly seemed to be on the losing end in their matches.

Last edited by FromGlasgow : 07-29-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:05 PM
Wanker
WWE Diva's Champion

FoleyIsGod is looking to come up from OCW...FoleyIsGod is looking to come up from OCW...FoleyIsGod is looking to come up from OCW...FoleyIsGod is looking to come up from OCW...FoleyIsGod is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm going to throw one out there and say Mankind and Vader in the wwf.

As a kid, I loved the vader/cactus feud in wcw, which probably made me into the foley mark I am today.

When Vader finally went to the wwf, he was pretty much underused and not played to his full monster status. The team of vader/Mankind kinda touched on their past, with them always seemingly just waiting to turn, he'll, it even was on a mania. But it just never went anywhere and that's a damp shame as Vader would have fit right into the attitude era if he just started to destroy people again.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:14 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Outside your list I would say the Hayes and Garvin version of the Freebirds, The original Freebirds with Hayes, Roberts and Gordy were great but I think Hayes and Garvin version was equal and the most entertaining part of the old NWA/WCW shows from that era but they never seemed to get a main run or reached the same success level as the original version and mainly seemed to be on the losing end in their matches.
Definitely agree on the Freebirds. They changed the business in so many ways in the '80's. Their look, their music, the creativity. Great feuds with the Von Erichs and Road Warriors. If you listen to some of the greatest and most creative minds of the sport they always give credit to the Freebirds especially Micheal Hayes. Unfortunately, their partying doomed them from ever getting "that run" in either major promotion or with any major championship.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:14 PM

tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...

In my mind, The Bicentennial Kings-Phil Hickerson and Dennis Condrey-may very well be the most underrated team of all-time. Hickerson was a big brute with surprising speed and also a terrific interview. He was one of the best around at riling fans into a fever pitch. Condrey was very solid in the ring and one of the finest tag team wrestlers in history.

The Bicentennial Kings were all over the top of the card in Memphis and the Continental area for about three years. They were a part of some memorable feuds and won a slew of championships. Jim Cornette says they're the best non-Midnight Express team he's ever seen, and that includes the Rock & Rolls and Heavenly Bodies. There are even some people who watched them who say it's the best tag team Dennis Condrey has been a part of-they were that good.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:26 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

The Orient Express. Managed by Mr. Fugi, these guys put on great matches when given time. Only problem was, they were used as an upper echelon heel Jobber team. Never given any serious run even though they were super talented. They were part of one of the better tag team matches in Wrestlemania vs The Rockers that had all four connecting for a very cool finale at the time. Punch to the gut then the clothesline activating the catapult that launched the sunset flip for the win.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:44 PM

tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
The Orient Express. Managed by Mr. Fugi, these guys put on great matches when given time. Only problem was, they were used as an upper echelon heel Jobber team. Never given any serious run even though they were super talented. They were part of one of the better tag team matches in Wrestlemania vs The Rockers that had all four connecting for a very cool finale at the time. Punch to the gut then the clothesline activating the catapult that launched the sunset flip for the win.
Pat Tanaka was an excellent tag wrestler. I think Badd Company is another very underrated team. Tanaka always looked sharp and quick in the ring and Diamond(who later re-united with Tanaka as the New Orient Express, ofc) had good power and also moved well. These two had a great chemistry together and had some really cool double-team moves. I believe they are hurt by the weak AWA tag division of the time but this team was very good in both the AWA and CWA.

Another underrated team that was repackaged in the WWF was The Destruction Crew. I thought they showed a lot of promise but they were also victims of the weak AWA tag ranks and then became jobbers in the WWF. Destruction Crew>Beverly Brothers, imo.

Last edited by tdmoon : 08-12-2017 at 01:50 PM.