WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-19-2017, 01:14 AM

TheMainEvent is looking to come up from OCW...TheMainEvent is looking to come up from OCW...TheMainEvent is looking to come up from OCW...

Roode really shouldn't drop the title until he is going to move to the main roster at this point. Even with McIntyre as the current #1 contender and guys like Black, Ohno, Itami, at the top the roster, I'd keep Roode champion until the Royal Rumble weekend Takeover.

In my perfect scenario during the setup to that they would have 5 months to build up a credible contender in Johnny Gargano as the NXT favorite underdog... Have him face Roode at the Takeover and win the title. Roode can then debut at the Rumble with the crowd going nuts as soon as the GLORIOUS theme hits and the following NXT can have Ciampa return to ruin Gargano's celebration and start an NXT title blood feud leading to the Mania Takeover.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:48 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Based simply on how things are looking just at this moment, I'd say that the title will either be taken by Drew McIntyre or Roderick Strong.

McIntyre is a different guy than he was when he first came to WWE. His attitude is different, he's more seasoned, he carries himself differently and comes off more like a tough guy now than the pretty boy "Chosen One." As of right now, he also has the whole undefeated thing going for him.

Roderick Strong definitely comes across as the "feel good" babyface of NXT right now. If things keep moving in their current direction, Strong could wind up becoming the next Sami Zayn of NXT in that he's pretty much beloved by the crowds and is embraced as someone that they truly want to see succeed as a babyface.

Even though Strong has had one shot already, I see him ultimately being the one to take the title from Roode either at TakeOver: Brooklyn III or during the TakeOver event that'll be held in Houston the night before Survivor Series. The little mini-documentaries they did featuring Strong a little while back really resonated with a lot of fans and really makes him a sympathetic babyface. They showed Strong as a guy with a brand new baby boy, he came from the "wrong side of the tracks" and has worked really hard to get to where he is now so it just seems that Strong winning the title would be a definite "feel good" moment.

Again, just based on how the lay of the land appears as of right now, I think Strong takes it. If he doesn't get a shot at TakeOver: Brooklyn III, then I see him getting his opportunity at TakeOver: Houston in which he wins, Roode gets his rematch at the TakeOver event the night before the Royal Rumble, fails to regain the title and pops up as a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble the next night.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 07-22-2017, 12:04 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Drew makes the most sense at the moment. However it may still be too soon. If Roode were to lose the title and get a main roster promotion, who would take his place? He would leave a huge void in NXT. Roode is by far the biggest star in the yellow brand right now. I could see Drew winning in Brooklyn then the two getting an extended feud for the fall. During this time someone else would have to get built up to challenge Drew after he retains against Roode. Just a theory. As for the others.... None of the other faces come close. Strong is boring to me and I know I am in the minority there, but he is. Same goes for Ohno. Gargano needs to feud with Ciampa first. Once that potentially epic feud is done, Gargano could be ready for a great title run further down the road. So.... Drew McIntyre is really the only one who can end the Glorious NXT Championship reign at the moment.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:56 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Give it to big Drew MacIntyre and move Roode to Monday Night Raw.

RMK
Old 08-11-2017, 08:24 PM
WWE Women's Champion

LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...

If Roode were to get called up today, they'd be nuts if they didn't put him on Smackdown. Your top heel is Owens and then there's a pretty big drop off to the next guys which are Mahal and Corbin. Roode would automatically be no lower than the #2 guy. Raw has no shortage of heels so I feel like he'd get lost in the shuffle there.

As for who should take the NXT Championship from him, there's nobody on the current roster other than McIntyre who deserves to even be discussed. I don't know what the status is of former talents like Damien Sandow, Bad News Barrett, Cody Rhodes, John Morrison, Carlito, and Justin Gabriel, but they are all guys I'd love to see brought back and could definitely get behind them as NXT champion. All I really know about any of them is it sounds like Rhodes doesn't miss it at all and I believe Morrison is with Lucha Underground. I had really hoped some of them would come back when the brand split happened to help fill the rosters out, especially SDL.

I feel like Roode should hold onto it for at least a couple more months and then drop it to McIntyre before joining the main roster. However I couldn't argue if they pulled the trigger at Takeover. Roode has everything you want in a WWE Champion.

Last edited by LODemolition : 08-11-2017 at 08:26 PM.