WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-05-2017, 06:53 PM
RomanfreakinReigns's Avatar
RomanfreakinReigns RomanfreakinReigns is offline
Registered User
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 724
RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical View Post
In terms of not wanting to see any revitalization of a Bray Wyatt family or cult, what else is there for Wyatt's character to meaningfully do? I don't know your thoughts the value of Bray Wyatt and I think he has value but it has been badly hurt by how poorly WWE Creative and booking has done for him, but the fact is the man is still quite young and the character has lots of potential value if used properly. He can be on his own just creating his own chaos by himself for a while. That's fine. Hopefully along that way, getting some big wins to give himself credibility. But a Bray Wyatt who just is a lone wolf randomly attacking or targeting wrestlers without gaining any sort of following just seems a bit odd. How would you propose they handle that?
I agree, Wyatt and his character do need followers, because as a singles heel, how does it make him any different than Strowman or Joe. Only, the latter two win or have won far more than Wyatt, who has a long record of losing every feud after all his glorious promises.

But if they had to revivify the Wyatt family again, wouldn't the fans want something new? So whom do you bring? I see no one besides Rowan and Harper, who aren't doing anything of significance anyway. And also there's Sanity from NXT with Eric Young, but then they're their own faction, why would they align with Wyatt?

And suppose they align Rowan and Harper with him, where do you go from there? Haven't they already done the beat-XYZ-guy-up, declare-a-war, have-three-matches, lose-the-feud routine with Wyatt and them, so many times?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-06-2017, 07:47 AM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Age: 38
Posts: 1,277
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

i think the problem isn't really the lack of team or stable, it's the presentation in general. The fact that they treat these shows as entertainment show instead of a wrestling show is one of the big problem.

I just went to a Live event last night and i saw more character development during the whole show then i would see every week on smackdown or raw. For god sake, Aiden English for the most over heel on the show. That guy was getting such a huge negative reaction throughout is match, it made me think, why aren't they using him more on smackdown. Same goes with Luke harper who got a really huge ovation in the same tag match.

That live event made me realize that they really need to go back to basic to get the fans interested in watching the product. I think that Raw would really benefit from putting squash matches throughout the three hours instead of putting a lot of boring talking segments all over the show.

Smackdown on the other end, just need to continue on putting on a great wrestling show every week and not fall into the same traps that raw fall in most weeks.

The other thing that would help the product i think is to switch 205 live and main event. Tape 205 live before Raw would help with fan reactions and in a way give then a way to program the first airing on the show on another day instead of being stuck after smackdown. At the same time Main event being tape before smackdown would help the undercard wrestlers that seem to be forgotten because of the lack of time they have for smackdown.

Finally, you got you're lost cause like Bray Wyatt. It's no secret what i think Bray failed on the main roster. It's not the WWE creative fault at all if the character failed, it's all on Bray Himself because it didn't believe in his character. The Bray Wyatt Character is the type of character that you need to keep keyfabe if you want it to be succesful. As soon as you're telling people that he's not a real cult leader, he's just somebody playing one one tv, the character just dies. In Wrestling, casual fans want to believe that those characters they see are real, that's wrestling 101. So when somebody like Bray Wyatt goes on a radio show and talk like a normal person or use social media as himself instead of his character which by the way seems stupid anyway because how doubt that Bray wyatt would have access to the internet on his compound. It takes the mystique of the character and casual fans just see somebody playing a character.

What made wrestling great in the 80's and even during the attitude era is that you could believe that these characters that you're seeing on tv where actually who they we're in real life. Today, you can't say that about roughly 2/3 of the rosters right, which is sad because it takes the magic of what pro wrestling was. They need to learn from the past to be successful right now. Let those guys and girl go out there and improvise a little bit, see who's got it and who doesn't. That's the best way to figure out which guys will work with the audience and which one won't. They need to threat those tv shows more like live events right now and less like a tv product, but with them being a publicly traded company, i think that Vince is too scared of letting his performers take chances anymore and while it's helping the investors, it's not helping the company as a whole.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Radical's Avatar
Radical Radical is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 557
Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post

Finally, you got you're lost cause like Bray Wyatt. It's no secret what i think Bray failed on the main roster. It's not the WWE creative fault at all if the character failed, it's all on Bray Himself because it didn't believe in his character. The Bray Wyatt Character is the type of character that you need to keep keyfabe if you want it to be succesful. As soon as you're telling people that he's not a real cult leader, he's just somebody playing one one tv, the character just dies. In Wrestling, casual fans want to believe that those characters they see are real, that's wrestling 101. So when somebody like Bray Wyatt goes on a radio show and talk like a normal person or use social media as himself instead of his character which by the way seems stupid anyway because how doubt that Bray wyatt would have access to the internet on his compound. It takes the mystique of the character and casual fans just see somebody playing a character.

I am not sold on the idea that wrestlers have to keep kayfabe going on social media or else it ruins their characters on TV. The cat is out of the bag. Everyone over a certain age knows pro wrestling is scripted and the wrestlers are playing characters (sometimes the characters are extensions of their own personalities, but characters none the less). If you can't separate the two and enjoy the TV show for what it is and then the individual social media accounts for what they are then I'm not sure WWE really wants fans who are that badly affected by seeing reality.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanfreakinReigns View Post

But if they had to revivify the Wyatt family again, wouldn't the fans want something new? So whom do you bring? I see no one besides Rowan and Harper, who aren't doing anything of significance anyway. And also there's Sanity from NXT with Eric Young, but then they're their own faction, why would they align with Wyatt?

And suppose they align Rowan and Harper with him, where do you go from there? Haven't they already done the beat-XYZ-guy-up, declare-a-war, have-three-matches, lose-the-feud routine with Wyatt and them, so many times?
These are good questions. Yes, Wyatt's character lends itself to be one that has followers and you would think fans would want to see something new if he gets followers again. It's funny that the followers he could get are AGAIN Harper and Rowan because they are doing nothing right now and any others are aren't doing much right now wouldn't really make much sense to follow him.

So, right now if WWE is not prepared to give a Wyatt Family a REAL chance then Wyatt should just stay by himself. But let's suppose Rowan and Harper align themselves with Wyatt again. Where do you go from there? Well, you HAVE go all-in this time. That means Wyatt, Rowan and Harper need to DOMINATE and DESTROY! And maybe to set the tone, they go after basically ANYONE and EVERYONE who crosses them or even looks at them the wrong way.

Make them look very strong. Then have Harper and Rowan go after tag teams and get a tag team title shot and WIN. Actually, since The New Day has kind of brought back the idea of a 3-man Freebird rules of tag teams, it would be to everyone's benefit if Harper, Rowan AND Wyatt win the tag team titles. That means they all get their names to the title AND it doesn't require Wyatt to sit out without a title or feel like he needs to be going for the IC or Universal title. But he still could go there, just doesn't mean he has to.

As tag team champs, they have to be ruthless heels who even if they lose a match they attack their opponents after so they don't lose much credibility as dominant heels. This will naturally cause babyface teams to step up and challenge. They will get pushed back and, again, they may squeak out wins in matches but the Wyatt Family needs to attack them after to save credibility.

Once The Wyatt Family has strongly held the Tag Titles for a few months, Wyatt could be involved in the IC title hunt (I think it's unrealistic for him to be hot-shotted to the Universal or WWE title hunt if they are building him up again and there are already more talent on the top of the card who are older so they need to be used first because they have less time to be on top) and by the time that happens the IC title may be held by a babyface. And that's not to say that The Wyatt Family cannot be a bit of a tweener team and still attack heel teams, like the Miztourage, for example.

I think that's how he could be brought back in, even with the same members, but it ONLY WORKS if WWE is serious about it and make them dominant. If they aren't going to do that then they should not even start again.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-06-2017, 03:33 PM
RomanfreakinReigns's Avatar
RomanfreakinReigns RomanfreakinReigns is offline
Registered User
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 724
RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical View Post
These are good questions. Yes, Wyatt's character lends itself to be one that has followers and you would think fans would want to see something new if he gets followers again. It's funny that the followers he could get are AGAIN Harper and Rowan because they are doing nothing right now and any others are aren't doing much right now wouldn't really make much sense to follow him.

So, right now if WWE is not prepared to give a Wyatt Family a REAL chance then Wyatt should just stay by himself. But let's suppose Rowan and Harper align themselves with Wyatt again. Where do you go from there? Well, you HAVE go all-in this time. That means Wyatt, Rowan and Harper need to DOMINATE and DESTROY! And maybe to set the tone, they go after basically ANYONE and EVERYONE who crosses them or even looks at them the wrong way.

Make them look very strong. Then have Harper and Rowan go after tag teams and get a tag team title shot and WIN. Actually, since The New Day has kind of brought back the idea of a 3-man Freebird rules of tag teams, it would be to everyone's benefit if Harper, Rowan AND Wyatt win the tag team titles. That means they all get their names to the title AND it doesn't require Wyatt to sit out without a title or feel like he needs to be going for the IC or Universal title. But he still could go there, just doesn't mean he has to.

As tag team champs, they have to be ruthless heels who even if they lose a match they attack their opponents after so they don't lose much credibility as dominant heels. This will naturally cause babyface teams to step up and challenge. They will get pushed back and, again, they may squeak out wins in matches but the Wyatt Family needs to attack them after to save credibility.

Once The Wyatt Family has strongly held the Tag Titles for a few months, Wyatt could be involved in the IC title hunt (I think it's unrealistic for him to be hot-shotted to the Universal or WWE title hunt if they are building him up again and there are already more talent on the top of the card who are older so they need to be used first because they have less time to be on top) and by the time that happens the IC title may be held by a babyface. And that's not to say that The Wyatt Family cannot be a bit of a tweener team and still attack heel teams, like the Miztourage, for example.

I think that's how he could be brought back in, even with the same members, but it ONLY WORKS if WWE is serious about it and make them dominant. If they aren't going to do that then they should not even start again.
I like these ideas. Though I don't think it logically appropriate that Luke Harper, after his dissension should automatically reconcile with Wyatt(may be they can ascribe Luke's return to his 'Hypnotic' skills), and considering they had already broken up once and then reformed.

But let's say if they were together, they should definitely feud with the Miztourage, destroy them, and then proceed to win the Raw tag titles. I'm fine with Wyatt not having any title though, as I think personas like Mankind, Undertaker or Wyatt don't ever really need or go for the "IC" title, and when they want a title, it's usually the World title.

Also, the tag title scene on Raw could get really vigorous, if this does happen, and if my proposed Usos jump to Raw and formation of a Roman Empire stable comes to fruition.

I had a vision where Ambrose and Rollins are tag champs, but Roman helps Usos beat them(in fact, Joe as the IC champ in the same faction), so we have the Hardys, Rollins and Ambrose chasing the Usos, and eventually, you'd have Wyatts vying for domination.

Basically, everything you proposed in the OP would come to fruition simply by forming a faction like the Samoan Dynasty/Roman Empire with Joe, Roman, Usos.

This could also give Wyatt a chance to be babyface may be and reform the Family as babyfaces?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-06-2017, 05:04 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Age: 38
Posts: 1,277
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical View Post
I am not sold on the idea that wrestlers have to keep kayfabe going on social media or else it ruins their characters on TV. The cat is out of the bag. Everyone over a certain age knows pro wrestling is scripted and the wrestlers are playing characters (sometimes the characters are extensions of their own personalities, but characters none the less). If you can't separate the two and enjoy the TV show for what it is and then the individual social media accounts for what they are then I'm not sure WWE really wants fans who are that badly affected by seeing reality.
Yeah but at the same time, you still want to suspend disbelief even through you know it's scripted, that's what pro wrestling use to be based on. Let's use the undertaker as an example. Here a guy that never broke keyfabe when he was the deadman character, the only time he did interviews was when he was the American bad ass version and even then, he was doing them as the character. In the end, we all know that undertaker is just a character and it's just a guy playing a character yet even after all these years, we still want to believe that this character is real. That's because the undertaker does live his character 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When facebook started, he didn't go on facebook and posted stuff about his personal life. When Twitter started, he didn't go and write stuff on twitter as mark calloway. He'S stayed in character because he knew that his performance would be stronger if fans believe that the character is real.

That's what keyfabe does and for certain characters i think they really need to go back to this because in that's what's missing in today's wrestling scene.

We need to suspend are disbelief again and stop being smart about the business. Yes, wrestling is scripted, yes does guys plays characters and yes we know that they not real, but if some of the guys like a bray wyatt would keep keyfabe on social media, they would be better characters because fans would go out there and think he'S just a guy playing a character, they might actually get hooked on the character and think that he actually exist for real even if in their mind they know he'S just another gimmick.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Kunztown Kunztown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
Kunztown is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

I agree 100%. While the 80's didn't have many factions besides 4-horseman, and the business grew. It was only because wrestling wasn't very entertaining before wrestlemania. So there was nothing to compare it to. Nowadays, the middle aged fan sees wrestling and laughs because we remember wrestling from the 90's which had many factions/and crazyiness. The most successful stars were in some shape or form in a faction in their career. Mainly because it just brings a change to their character and helps development. Imagine if in the Mid 2000's if Cena would have about 5 henchmen and came up with a group name like the Chain Gang where they beat people down with chains after the match? If something like that would occur, his star power would rise to the point where he gets "Rock" Reactions. Plus those other 4 guys would of got improved star power as well if they were legit stars. Could of been great for guys that needed that push in the 2000's. Guys like Mark Henry/Booker T/Crime Tyme and Cena...boom, chain Gang. Easy! Then have them turn face and feud with Nexus?

I think WWE Now Needs Factions the Most. Mainly because there are SOOOO Much Quantity of Wrestlers. A Faction like Sanity would be Great if done properly on the main roster. Have them start to brain wash wrestlers to turn them crazy and follow Eric Young. Imagine turning a cookie-cutter babyface like Bayley Crazy. Talk about character development.... Or turning a stagnant individual like Corbin/Ziggler/Zayn.. list goes on. Wyatt family could of been huge for sooo many wrestlers... They dropped the ball with the whole Daniel Bryan storyline. ....and then of course they broke up before Strowman could Turn on them All. That would of been huge! and Strowman would become Top Face for Company. The Fans know that Strowman is the legit best athlete on the roster period. Hopefully he's the Champ at Summerslam!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-07-2017, 11:23 PM
Radical's Avatar
Radical Radical is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 557
Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanfreakinReigns View Post

I had a vision where Ambrose and Rollins are tag champs, but Roman helps Usos beat them(in fact, Joe as the IC champ in the same faction), so we have the Hardys, Rollins and Ambrose chasing the Usos, and eventually, you'd have Wyatts vying for domination.


This could also give Wyatt a chance to be babyface may be and reform the Family as babyfaces?

Actually, now that you mention it, I pretty much agree with that. Wyatt doesn't need to be going for a mid-card title. He basically should either be leading a TEAM that are destructive and they can be champions (like tag champs) and if Wyatt himself is going for a title it should be the Universal or WWE title (just like he briefly did go for on SmackDown).


I really like those idea of factions you proposed. And yes, I think a Wyatt Family actually could come in a babyface team ESPECIALLY against a Roman Reigns led faction. Even though that's kind of what already happened when Wyatt Family went up against The Shield. But, this would be different enough because this time, only Roman Reigns would be the same in the other group.

It would make things more interesting week to week and month to month in WWE if some dominant factions started taking over and other wrestlers started to rise up against them and some band together.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices