WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-27-2017, 10:26 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...

my guess is that this match ends with Cena somehow going to face Jinder Mahal (likely with Corbin getting involved). As for what i think will/should happen..Cena goes and faces Mahal at SummerSlam, however, while both men (Cena and Mahal) are down in the ring and Cena (or Orton) took out the Singh Brothers, have Corbin then come out and cash in and pin either man to then do two things 1) take the title off Mahal (who is such a weak champion now) and 2) avoids giving Cena a 17th title run and it ending too soon. Corbin then wins the title and after a quick Smackdown re-match, Corbin starts a feud with Cena where Corbin in the end keeps the title.....now what "i would do" (i doubt it happen) is that Corbin holds it until.....Royal Rumble where he loses it to AJ Styles...then Nakamura wins the Rumble to set up the Dream Wrestlemania Match, Styles vs. Nakamura.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:31 AM

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It doesn't really matter when or where this match happens in the current landscape of WWE right now. Especially in regards to Smackdown. Shinsuke could use a big match considering he has floundered for over a year at this point. Orton just lost 3 times in a row to Jinder Mahal. Styles is busy winning the U.S. title every other week. Rusev might of been an option, but seems he lost already to Cena. (Not sure how many times it's been at this point)

So Cena vs Nakamura is the most directly available and a lot of people will watch not only for the match, but literally just for Cena. It fills a good week of TV while setting heavy implications for the future and deciding the key match for Smackdown on the Summerslam PPV. The match could have a screwy finish, but honestly even if it does it's probably the best route to go. They have a lot of options with this and can even make Nakamura losing into something compelling.

Looks good on paper. Lots of options no matter who loses or how screwy the finish is. Both are some of the best in the world and together they could probably have a great match that could be possibly equal to Styles vs Cena. Does everything it needs to even with negatives attached in hypothetical.

So it's either gonna go great and be ruined 2 weeks after, or just suck absolutely immediately basically. Just enjoy it for what it's worth. If ya wanna watch great wrestling look for some of the better NJPW G1 Climax matches that are happening. If you wanna be sports entertained watch WWE Network or one of those athletic competition game shows. Hope this match is good so it gives me a reason to watch Smackdown again, or anything WWE does.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:09 AM
Has Ascended
WWE Diva's Champion

Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via Skype™ to Undying

I don't care that this match is happening on a random Smackdown, which will probably lead to it either not even starting due to an attack, get cancelled early on in the show or go about 3 minutes. Whatever it takes to get one step closer to Jinder Mahal losing the WWE title. I haven't even watched Smackdown since maybe around the 2nd show of him being champion. He's just so boring and average there's nothing about him that is must see and his dreadful matches with Orton at the pay per views have made it even worse for me to sit through.

At this point, Shinsuke, Cena, Corbin whoever I don't care just get the damn title off of Jinder and make the main event scene interesting again. I get it, Jinder was fresh and new and someone we haven't seen in this spot before but...he's still Jinder Mahal and that's hard to get around even if he blew everyone away (which he hasn't) not a lot of people can forget he was getting beat in less than 3 minutes a few months ago. It might have worked different if he was built up for months, but as of now I just have no desire to even watch smackdown until he's not champion.

Back to Shinsuke vs Cena, this isn't the first time a high caliber match was aired on free TV. Cena vs HBK was a random match on Raw at one point before they headlined WrestleMania and even then they had an hour long match on Raw a few weeks later. If they go all the way with it and let them have a 20 minute spectacle I think it would do wonders to establish Nakamura as legit considering he's floundered with mediocre matches with Ziggler and Corbin since being on Smackdown.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:41 AM
Nick
WWE European Champion

Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...

I can't believe FANS complain about seeing a PPV-quality match on free TV. You are fans, enjoy it.

Cena probably loses, even though he shouldn't. He's better in every way and a much bigger star. Cena should end this Jinder madness.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:55 AM
My fave wrestler is Dirk Diggler.
WCW TV Champion

Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey #2

Fans question a dream match on television. What a time to be alive.

It's a fight we don't have to pay for. Neither men are going to be less for wear if they lose. If Nakamura loses, it was to Cena, the face of pro wrestling. If Cena loses, it's to Nakamura, someone the crowd reveres. There really isn't a negative here. Sure, it could and most likely will end with a screwy finish, but that's wrestling and we got to see it for free. WWE is handing us ice cream and some of y'all would rather watch it melt instead of eating it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kerouac - On The Road
Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?
Old 07-28-2017, 04:18 AM
ROH Pure Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Conway Spidey View Post
Fans question a dream match on television. What a time to be alive.

It's a fight we don't have to pay for. Neither men are going to be less for wear if they lose. If Nakamura loses, it was to Cena, the face of pro wrestling. If Cena loses, it's to Nakamura, someone the crowd reveres. There really isn't a negative here. Sure, it could and most likely will end with a screwy finish, but that's wrestling and we got to see it for free. WWE is handing us ice cream and some of y'all would rather watch it melt instead of eating it.
Yeah, because paying $9.99 for the Network is so much more costly than getting the match free.

Maybe when WWE did PPVs and charged $50-60, then a "free" match like this would be a big deal, but when you can pay $10 a month, then it isn't as much of a stretch.

Also, there are plenty of negatives:-

-Cena winning will bring about the "SuperCena" chants, the "Nakamura buried" chants, and Nakamura takes a loss on free TV.

-Nakamura winning hurts WWE's bottom line, since there is less interest in a Nakamura v Mahal main event, then Cena v Mahal. I mean, we are already getting a dud SD Women's Match between Naomi and Natalya, which is underwhelming, so to then have someone who has been on SD for two months fight someone who has gone from "zero to hero" in three months on the company's second biggest show of the year won't get the interest that Cena v Mahal has.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:54 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
Yeah, because paying $9.99 for the Network is so much more costly than getting the match free.

Maybe when WWE did PPVs and charged $50-60, then a "free" match like this would be a big deal, but when you can pay $10 a month, then it isn't as much of a stretch.
Well for me a monthly PPV is still a PPV and that mentality on not giving way PPV caliber matches on free TV still holds true regardless if it's 9.99 or 49.99.

The Network may have changed a few things but the old school mentality in programming matches and stories should not.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:18 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
At first, this looked like a "Summerslam" style feud- the franchise player, John Cena, versus the current WWE Champion, Jinder Mahal.

I knew it would be Cena who would come out when Mahal made an open challenge.

All was fine and good until Daniel Bryan came out.

Firstly, why would Daniel screw over Cena (which he did by making him fight Nakamura)? I mean, Bryan and Cena are almost relatives. Bryan's wife will be Cena's sister-in-law in a few months, and yet Daniel Bryan makes Cena have to "earn" it? Reverse nepotism at work. This would have worked better if Shane made the announcement, since he has no affiliation to Cena (and his speech to Owens earlier, about "putting on the best matches on Smackdown", would have been shown by booking Cena v Nakamura next week).

I see problems with doing this match. If Cena wins, then people here will say "Super Cena buried Shinsuke Nakamura" and "Nakamura should got back to NXT, because the main roster don't know how to use him" etc.

If Nakamura wins, then we have an underwhelming Summerslam main event- Nakamura v Mahal. Don't forget, having Jinder Mahal as champion is even a stretch, to then add Nakamura, who has been on "Smackdown" for six weeks, to compete for the title at the second biggest WWE show of the year, is a bit hard to swallow. Maybe on a "Smackdown" PPV, but not a major show, especially not one like "Summerslam".

I am not a fan of anyone getting a WWE Title or Universal Title shot in their first year on the main roster. I think they need to establish themselves first, show their wares. That is why I like MITB. You can "endorse" a future up-and-comer as a future WWE Champion, without having to pull the trigger straight away.

I like to see new talent win the secondary title first, like the IC or U.S. belt, see how they carry themselves as champion, and down the track, then pull the trigger if appropriate. If Nakamura is a true superstar, then he will still be a superstar a couple of years down the track, when he is "ready". He can barely speak English, so wouldn't be good cutting promos.

It should have been Cena v Mahal at "Summerslam", with no complications. Maybe have Cena earn it against Rusev (who was his opponent at "Battleground").

Doing Cena v Nakamura to earn a Summerslam title shot could end in tears if not done right. Nakamura winning will make the fans happy, but having Cena v Mahal at "Summerslam" sells more seats.

The only way to do this match, without anyone looking bad, is to have Baron Corbin interfere, and get Nakamura counted out or disqualified. This way, Cena can still fight Mahal, and Nakamura takes a loss, without losing momentum, because he was "screwed" out of the victory, and could also lead to another match between Nakamura versus Corbin at "Summerslam". This is the only way to do this match, and not upset either the fans, Nakamura's push, or the WWE's bottom line.
From a strictly kayfabe perspective, I wish this was something more on screen authority figures did. I know that kayfabe is essentially dead in terms of what's "real" and what isn't, but there are continuity issues in which kayfabe can still maintain some influence. We've seen quite often, whether it's WWE, GFW/TNA/Impact, ROH, etc. in which the wrestlers come out make a speech and flat out state what their matches are going to be. We often see heels saying something like "I'm not going to defend my title tonight" only for the babyface authority figure to "screw" said wrestler over to the delight of fans by saying he/she will indeed defend his/her title tonight.

In John Cena's case, again from a kayfabe position, I like that he's going to have to "earn" his shot. If you're going to have on screen authority figures, then have them be authority figures even to people like John Cena.

Mahal vs. Cena would have appeal to some and for some others it won't just as the same would go for Mahal vs. Nakamura. Cena vs. Nakamura is going to happen and I'm fine with it if Nakamura goes over. If Cena goes over, I'm fine with it as long as Nakamura isn't made to look like a chump. If there's some sort of interference that splits the match into a no contest, I'm fine as long as we get a good match with both guys looking good in it. There are a lot of positives in this in my eyes and this match being on TV rather than a ppv isn't a negative.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 08-04-2017, 07:13 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I ended up really enjoying the match. I can see where those who think it should have been saved for PPV are coming from. Part of me felt that way too. At the end of the day we're fans of the product and the vast majority of us, as in 99.9% of us, are nothing more than than just fans. WWE gave us a PPV quality match on Smackdown instead of at Battleground or Summerslam. That's ok. Raw and Smackdown need big matches too as others have pointed out. If it was nothing but jobber squashes for the entire 2 hours then Smackdown would suck. Nakamura winning was a nice surprise, though I would have been fine with either result. Definitely one of the best matches on Smackdown television this year so far.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.