WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-13-2017, 02:13 PM
WCW TV Champion

GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Don't remember any of his matches only the look which was cool
He did return as Kevin Thorn in the WWE ECW days, with a striking resemblance to Bobby Roode that had promise but they nixed that too.

He still wrestles on the indies to this day as Kevin Thorn and Mordekai

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/...ertig-397.html
Old 07-13-2017, 08:07 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionDollarMan View Post
It was Sean O'Haire that had the fantastic devil's advocate character where "he wasn't telling you anything you didn't already know."

The problem was he just wasn't as good live as he was in rehearsed skits and then they stuck him with Piper and did nothing with it.
Ah yes, Sean O'Haire, why did I say Stasiak? I didn't know O'Haire stunk it up live, he was so good in the vignettes... um... maybe it was for the best. I heard they had pulled the plug just because the character was considered too racy by the network (encouraging men to cheat, drink, etc. Remember, the network was the reason the Muhammad Hassan character was scrapped, too.)

Anyway, back on topic, the general consensus seems to be it was an incredibly cool gimmick and look with potential on those fronts, but that Kevin Fertig was just too green to pull it off in the ring, which was also true. To pull off a character like that, you need to be a bad ass in the ring and polished enough so when you're dominating it flows and you're not stumbling. I mean, then again, as was stated, Undertaker was also boring in the beginning and kind of green, they gave up on Mordecai too quickly. Alas, we'll never know what could have been.

A published author is an amateur who didn't quit.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:01 PM
Welcome to the Warzone.

Wildcat66 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wildcat66 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wildcat66 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wildcat66 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wildcat66 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wildcat66 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wildcat66 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wildcat66 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wildcat66 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wildcat66 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wildcat66 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOver View Post
Don't remember any of his matches only the look which was cool
He did return as Kevin Thorn in the WWE ECW days, with a striking resemblance to Bobby Roode that had promise but they nixed that too.

He still wrestles on the indies to this day as Kevin Thorn and Mordekai

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/...ertig-397.html
I saw a little bit of Kevin Thorn too. I don't know, he seemed a little too gimmicky for me. The theme song was good though.

Good to hear Mordecai's doing well for himself.

#YankeesDodgers2017

Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
Creator of War Zone
Old 07-15-2017, 02:33 AM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

My first thought of Mordecai was the vignettes and how he looked to be the antithesis of Taker. I thought the gimmick was corny and WWE was reaching a bit. Its as if they decided to get into a way back machine and retool and old gimmick. On top of that, he wasn't a great wrestler. I heard he improved once ha went back down to OVW and returned as Kevin Thorn (another recycled gimmick), but he was just another warm body in the locker room.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:29 PM

JVel is looking to come up from OCW...JVel is looking to come up from OCW...

Mordecai was cheesy but it definitely could have been given a run and it's unfortunate he never had the chance to run with it, whether or not it was his own fault. My real complaint was how clearly his character was being set up to be fed to Undertaker.

His return as Kevin Thorn was pretty solid though but I feel like overall he was another victim of the transitional era WWE was kind of going through at the time where they dropped the ball on a pretty decent number of potential mid card talents through no real creative direction and inconsistent booking.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:22 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I was interested in this gimmick when it came out. Mordecai was green in the ring which could be one of the main reasons the gimmick was pulled. If Mordecai was giving a chance, I could see him being more successful in the gimmick. Regardless if he was to be fed to Undertaker or not, the gimmick was cool and cut off too soon.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:01 AM

Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...

Great gimmick? Huh. Saying it had potential and it was great are two very different things. Fact is, it was something which never got going, and there is nothing to say the performer behind it could have lived up to any potential anyway, based on his subsequent runs.