WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-12-2017, 09:48 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

King Ross sums it up good

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:30 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLXVI View Post
I see this on the forum a lot from long-time posters, that they know "What Vince likes...". He put the belt on a 190 pound guy that can't talk on the mic. How do you actually know "What Vince likes..." on a given day without actually knowing the person? Serious question.
No one knows exactly what Vince wants. However if you look at his decisions and tendencies, it's fair to logically conclude certain things.

Yes he is willing to push smaller wrestlers. See Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Finn Balor, and others. However he doesn't see them as the top guy.

Daniel Bryan did win the WWE Championship at WrestleMania. However he got pushed aside in favor of Roman Reigns the next year. Remember in the Royal Rumble, Bryan was eliminated by Bray Wyatt in less than ten minutes. Meanwhile WWE did everything in their power to get Reigns over as the winner. Ultimately that predictably failed, but it's clear WWE wanted Reigns instead of Bryan.

On the other hand, Finn Balor debuted and defeated Reigns in his first match on the main roster. Maybe it only happened because of Reigns' suspension, but it still happened. He then beat Rollins for the Universal Title at SummerSlam. Fast forward nearly one year later, and where is Balor now? He was left off the last PPV. Meanwhile Reigns recently conquered the Streak and is being groomed to dethrone Lesnar.

CM Punk had the thrilling Summer of Punk angle and then a 500 day WWE Title reign. However the former resulted in Punk jobbing to HHH and Kevin Nash returning. Nash then sent himself a text message, which somehow led to HHH vs Nash. During Punk's title reign, Cena main evented most of the PPVs. Even John Laurinaitis once main evented over Punk.

So in conclusion, Vince is willing to push smaller wrestlers but doesn't see them as the main guy. Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena, Reigns. What do they all have in common? They had a great look and were more built than the smaller wrestlers I mentioned above. So although we don't know exactly what Vince wants, the points I made are fair to assume, given his history.

So the question now becomes is Vince wrong for not wanting smaller wrestlers as the top guy? Well not necessarily. I have no problems with Reigns being pushed as the top guy. However there is a problem with how WWE has pushed Reigns. Everything that happens feels meaningless because in the end it's all about Roman. It's the same problem I had with Cena's run. Everything in WWE basically revolved around him for over 10 years. No it wasn't all Cena's fault, and it's unfair to blame him for that, but the product suffered greatly and is still suffering.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:43 PM
Nick
WWE European Champion

Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...

Vince clearly favors a certain type of star. Big, muscular guys. It they can't talk, get them a mouthpiece. If they can't work, make them dominate. If they can't make those things work, they're gone.

I think it's outdated, but I don't think HHH and Stephanie will be any better.

It seems the WWE always comes around to smaller guys who are over (DB, Punk), but they usually wait until half of their steam is gone. I don't think you can create household names anymore. Needs to be organic.

Then again, the audience today seems to pick guys just because they are the polar opposite of what Vince likes, which is also irritating.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:22 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

the second anybody believes any of the shit Meltzer dribbles as news, I automatically look at things the opposite. He reports things that may happen, when was his last actual scoop?
Old 07-18-2017, 04:01 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't know guys.. Remember Cesaro? Ryback? And many other wrestlers that were called "Vince's pet projects" these past 5 years? None of them became a main eventer, except Roman. So if Vince really liked them, shouldn't they be main eventers?

Sure, Vince might like his big tall muscular men, but Vince likes money much more than that. That's why AJ became champion, that's why Owens became champ, that's why Punk broke out. Nobody from the main eventers is a main eventer just because Vince liked him.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:36 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
I don't know guys.. Remember Cesaro? Ryback? And many other wrestlers that were called "Vince's pet projects" these past 5 years? None of them became a main eventer, except Roman. So if Vince really liked them, shouldn't they be main eventers?

Sure, Vince might like his big tall muscular men, but Vince likes money much more than that. That's why AJ became champion, that's why Owens became champ, that's why Punk broke out. Nobody from the main eventers is a main eventer just because Vince liked him.
Right, but looked what happened to them right after they lost the main title belts? Owens was never really the main focus of RAW when Champion. Punk never main evented a WrestleMania during this timeframe when he was champion for over a year. It seems like these guys were skyrocketed to the Main Event scene based off of Triple H wanting to stray away from bigger guys being the better guys in the business. I do feel Triple H has had influence on pushing Punk, Owens, Styles and Bryan. When it comes to these guys only exceptions for being pushed exceptionally well were Daniel Bryan & Styles as both Bryan & Styles had a great runs as Champion.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:22 AM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
Daniel Bryan did win the WWE Championship at WrestleMania. However he got pushed aside in favor of Roman Reigns the next year.
Still a moronic fanboy on this I see? It's called life altering injury. Pretty sure this decision worked out in WWE's favor.