WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-17-2017, 09:11 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default Rey Mysterio in Talks with GFW

Quote:
Rey Mysterio is currently negotiating with WWE and Global Force Wrestling, according to Sports Illustrated.

Mysterio is under contract with Lucha Underground through the end of season three, which will air in September. He'll be a free agent after that but has a 90-day non-compete agreement attached to his deal.

WWE is still searching for a big Latino star after failing to replace Mysterio in the first place. GFW had been pushing Alberto El Patron, who has had a lot of negative press from his tumultuous relationship with Paige. The current GFW World Heavyweight Champion is suspended indefinitely following a domestic dispute with Paige at the Orlando airport last week. Sports Illustrated noted that, "GFW/Impact is very motivated to move away from Alberto El Patron and generate some positive headlines by inking the legendary Mysterio."
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...ing-to-return/

--

Even at 42, Mysterio is still a high-profile player who would no doubt generate a ton of positive buzz. Much more so than ADR ever could have. But given the crocodile tears that GFW appear to be shedding over ADR's "suspension" that inexplicably hasn't stopped them from continuing to promote his future live events appearances, my main concern is Mysterio to GFW means an immediate feud with Patron, regardless of the outcome of his domestic battery investigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:05 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'd sign him if I were GFW. I would not give him right to the top tier belt though. The X-Division title needs some much need value. Giving Rey that belt would make it that much more credible which is what GFW needs. Once he loses the belt to an established up and comer, he can move on to whoever is Heavyweight champion at the time. Matches with Lashely, Moose, Storm, Drake, EC3, and even Abyss, if he was not Park, would be matches to see in the Heavyweight division.

If they can get him for two years locked in and pushed properly, Mysterio can be a potentially great signing for GFW. Hopefully they work on appearances. Mysterio, has a big $10,000 per appearance charge.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:50 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

You don't know this company very well if you don't think his coming in would mean either an immediate or very quick rise to the World Heavyweight title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:40 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

In the end, if the story is true, it's mysterio's decision to make, personally, I don't see him signing with GFW mostly because I wouldn't be surprise to see wwe go all out in trying to sign him and GFW can't compete with WWE as far as money and what they can offer to mysterio.

I think, in the end, every big name that came through WWE dream of ending their career in WWE, I'm sure WWE will offered him a reduce schedule and a job backstage after he retires plus with dominic wantig to follow in rey's footstep, I'm sure they will offer rey with a tryout for dominic.

Rey still have a few years left in him with a reduced schedule and would be a great for either compa6, but in this stage of his career, if WWE can give him what he wants, which I think hey will, I don't see GFW being able to sign him unless konnan is able to convince him to pass over the wwe deal to come work for GFW.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:45 AM

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
You don't know this company very well if you don't think his coming in would mean either an immediate or very quick rise to the World Heavyweight title.
I know that is what exactly what it means with GFW. But, things could change within them and not go that route. They did it with Del Rio which makes the same story being told over and over again.

To me, seeing him where the X-Division title first would be better than a straight push to the world title. Will that happen? Probably not. Even if it is called GFW they still have TNAs booking mindset.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:18 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...

if he goes back to the WWE, then he should quickly be put on RAW and used as a top mid card wrestler on the show (unless of course they want him on 205 live which is something that i wouldnt do to him).

As for GFW, if he goes there, i wouldnt put him at the top of the card right away (he will be, of course, if he goes there), but i would definitly have him fighting some top heels and maybe even win the X-Division title and later use Option C to win the World Heavyweight Championship.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:01 PM

filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...

It's amazing to think that Rey is just 18 months older than AJ Styles, of course AJ has had the advantage of working a much lighter TNA schedule for the majority of his career and therefore his body is no where near as banged up as Rey's. That being said Rey would still be a top draw in any promotion he worked in. I'm not sure if I would like to see him in the Heavyweight picture though when there are so many other options for GFW at the moment. He could be an X division star, he could join LAX and make them even stronger than they are now, he could join Alberto and help him fight against LAX etc. etc. I think TNA has more than enough established and over talent to give them credible Heavyweight options at the moment (think Eli Drake, Moose, Kevin Matthews or even Low Ki) that they don't need to be signing an industry veteran like Rey to fill this role.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:43 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Eh, I'm not really sure why either WWE or GFW should be all that interested. Mysterio is going to demand a hefty paycheck but he's not at all reliable, at least if his last couple of years working in WWE is any indication, because his knees are shot to shit. Mysterio has a name value, but it won't do much for either promotion aside from maybe a slight spike in the ratings before going back to normal.

If he were to sign with GFW, expect him to be World Champion within a couple months, if not sooner. As I alluded to, he'll have a hefty price tag and I simply don't see them sticking him in the X Division for as much money as they'll have to pay him.

If he were to sign with WWE, he'll get some solid wins here and there but will ultimately be used, most likely, to put over some chosen younger talent. While it might be a waste of money to put him in the Cruiserweight Division, WWE's got money to burn and his name being associated with the division once again could be a little bit of a shot in the arm.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 07-19-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Eh, I'm not really sure why either WWE or GFW should be all that interested. Mysterio is going to demand a hefty paycheck but he's not at all reliable, at least if his last couple of years working in WWE is any indication, because his knees are shot to shit. Mysterio has a name value, but it won't do much for either promotion aside from maybe a slight spike in the ratings before going back to normal.

If he were to sign with GFW, expect him to be World Champion within a couple months, if not sooner. As I alluded to, he'll have a hefty price tag and I simply don't see them sticking him in the X Division for as much money as they'll have to pay him.

If he were to sign with WWE, he'll get some solid wins here and there but will ultimately be used, most likely, to put over some chosen younger talent. While it might be a waste of money to put him in the Cruiserweight Division, WWE's got money to burn and his name being associated with the division once again could be a little bit of a shot in the arm.
If you have seen Rey in Lucha Underground, he is more of a reliable name than in WWE. Minus his price tag, Mysterio is in better shape now than he was in WWE. He is slimmer looking and moves better than ever.

Pictures have surfaced with Mysterio & Karen Jarret together. It makes me think that he could go the route of GFW. The lighter schedule would be ideal for him but we have to wonder if Anthem would dish the money out WWE could/can do if the WWE in fact, wants Rey that bad.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:06 PM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

If I was Rey Mysterio, I would probably head to GFW. The lighter schedule is good for the knees, the money would likely be as good as it gets in GFW, and the place on the card will be much healthier and consistent. I don't see where Rey Mysterio fits on a WWE roster in 2017. Even in his last couple of years with the company, he was hardly around and honestly, how many people really cared anymore? He didn't even get a send off like he probably deserved. WWE may want that Latino star and be able to offer Mysterio the big bucks, but I don't see what either party would gain. Mysterio is clearly in this for the wrestling still. At this point in his career, with the surgeries and injuries and everything in between, he wouldn't still be going I don't think. In GFW, he still gets to do that and have a prominent role on television. In WWE, where does he fit? Lord I can't imagine it being 205 Live but you never know. He isn't a world champion there anymore. I think if I was him, I would probably be happier in GFW. But I'm not Rey, so he may go back to the company that stuck by him through 6283 surgeries on his knee and still made him a 3 World Champion.

Ultimately though, if Mysterio goes to GFW now or not, I agree that he will likely want to end his career in WWE one way or another. He will likely remain an ambassador for central and Latin American fan bases after his retirement too. Whether a try out for Dominick would make him swing now, I don't know. I'm not sure how fair it would be for WWE to make that a deal breaker though, but there you go.

Last edited by The Perfect Max : 07-19-2017 at 05:10 PM.