WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
Honestly, why not both? Go the Cody route and just book stints independently before signing a longer-term exclusive deal (if he signs one at all).
I could see this working. I said in another thread that I like Aries, but when you compare him to some of the other indie names that WWE signed a while back he didn't feel as big a name. If you give him limited dates and use him as a special attraction type deal, he could be very good in getting other talent over. By no means is he bad, he is in fact quite good, but you limit the chance of over exposure if you limit his appearances. Plus, a guy who only shows up a handful of times usually feels like a big deal. Just don't put the belt on him ala Brock Lesnar.

I'm curious though, if he does go to TNA/GFW, how do you book his return? Everyone is in agreement that WWE wasted him, but surely they don't go the route of a lot of WWE cast offs and have them "shoot" on WWE in their return promo. I feel like you have to address him leaving the company for greener pastures, but you can't just have him tear down WWE because I don't think that has ever worked.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:07 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weems2k View Post
You do realize that GFW/IW was where he made a name for himself. They had him start the whole Option C, and won the World Title. Not to mention he had a good run with Bobby Rhoode as The Dirty Heels. It was only his last year did he get taken down a notch.
No, that's where he made his name to you. Many other people remember him as the guy who ended Samoa Joe's 645 day-long ROH Championship reign.

Global Force Gold Presents GFW Impact An Anthem Property is probably the most likely landing spot for Aries though; if he ends up having a landing spot. He's got some burned bridges over in ROH, and while the management has turned over somewhat..... yeah. Aries in ROH is a possibility, and there's gaps in their roster that Aries could fill.... but I just don't see it being the most likely option. Meanwhile, GFGPGFWIAAP is in pretty desperate need of performers who can connect back to TNA's more halcyon days to bring in their lapsed viewers, and Aries is remembered fondly by that lapsed TNA audience.

If Aries doesn't decide to hang up his boots and go into selling cars or some shit, "being on the indies" is only a viable option for a year or two; after that, he basically becomes Justin Credible and starts selling autographs for a ride to the hotel and a bowl pack. He'll need some form of exposure to the wider wrestling fan base, which GFGPGFWIAAP can provide. When it comes to two sides getting their needs met through a negotiation, GFGPGFWIAAP and Aries seems to make the most sense.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:09 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
No, that's where he made his name to you. Many other people remember him as the guy who ended Samoa Joe's 645 day-long ROH Championship reign.

Global Force Gold Presents GFW Impact An Anthem Property is probably the most likely landing spot for Aries though; if he ends up having a landing spot. He's got some burned bridges over in ROH, and while the management has turned over somewhat..... yeah. Aries in ROH is a possibility, and there's gaps in their roster that Aries could fill.... but I just don't see it being the most likely option. Meanwhile, GFGPGFWIAAP is in pretty desperate need of performers who can connect back to TNA's more halcyon days to bring in their lapsed viewers, and Aries is remembered fondly by that lapsed TNA audience.

If Aries doesn't decide to hang up his boots and go into selling cars or some shit, "being on the indies" is only a viable option for a year or two; after that, he basically becomes Justin Credible and starts selling autographs for a ride to the hotel and a bowl pack. He'll need some form of exposure to the wider wrestling fan base, which GFGPGFWIAAP can provide. When it comes to two sides getting their needs met through a negotiation, GFGPGFWIAAP and Aries seems to make the most sense.
That line was true and totally funny even if it was meant to be a serious comment.

I like Aries, and his Brain Buster is really impressive when he hits it. If he signs with GFW, where would he fit in? Back in the X-Division which would be like him feeling stuck in WWE's 205 Live? This is speculation of course, but if I was Aries, I would reach out too all parties to see where to go. ROH might push him to the top of their card as it is needed. GFW has a full main event scene which needs refreshing to be honest. If he does go to GFW, it would help gain viewers, but I do not see GFW ever passing 500K and I am a supporter of the company. I think Aries needs to figure it out because he can be very entertaining to watch. I mean after all, he is The Greatest Man to Ever Live!
Old 07-14-2017, 11:30 AM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

Aries has accomplished everything he could have at Impact, he's also feuded with almost everyone that's on there roster, there is no need for him to go back.

Does GFW need Aries? I think the X-Division has that bit more depth, in Low-Ki & Sonjay Dutt they now have a couple of veterans that will elevate new names. I don't see room for Aries unless he does commentary with the odd match now and again.

At this moment in time, NJPW seems to be a better fit for him.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:25 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I love Austin Aries, but let's face it the guy isn't getting any younger. If his girlfriend just signed with the WWE and will be on NXT, then the perfect fit would be for him to sign a short term contract with TNA. That way they would both be in Florida, and won't TNA give him the option of doing indy work as well if he wants.

Also with the crap surrounding Alberto Del Rio, which quite honestly seems to be never ending, then this might be the time to approach Jarrett and company as they need someone who's well known if Del Rio does go down the tubes. There is also an added benefit of using Aries on commentary, which I think he's quite good at.