WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akathelaw View Post
TNA/Impact has had one hell of a history as a wrestling promotion, and Jeff Jarrett has been a part of it every step of the way. In my opinion Jarrett has always been the heart and soul of the company. After Dixie Carter, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Billy Corgan attempted to run the company, I doubt there's anyone other than Jarrett who could get them back on the right track. GFW was Jarrett striking out on his own without Dixie, and he was ultimately not as successful due to timing and funds. TNA started in the wake of WCW closing up shop so there was this large market of wrestling fans needing a new show to watch that wasn't produced by Vince. When Jarrett participated in the GFW/TNA promotion war, it was pretty obvious that this was the most we would see of the brand on national TV. It's funny how time goes on and it appears that in reality GFW won that promotional war.
The name GFW is much, much better than the TNA initials. I don't think GFW's brand is tarnished by the lack of success they had before Anthem acquiring them. Wrestling is cyclical and young fans who turn on GFW for the first time won't care about the old baseball park shows' low attendance. Jarrett stuck to his plan and ended up partnering with the company that bought out his first attempt at a wrestling promotion, only to be put in charge of it again. I think Jarrett deserves some credit for beating Dixie in the end.
I don't disagree with you on what you wrote, i just wanted to add something to it. Jarrett my be the heart and soul of the company but if it wasn't for Dixie Carter saving them after the third PPV, TNA would be here today. The thing is with Jarrett, he's kinda like Paul Heyman in a way, he got great idea's but is a really bad business man, that's why TNA was in the red after is third show/ppv and they needed the found somebody with money to keep the company afloat.

We complain alot of how Dixie ran TNA during her time on top but if it wasn'T for her, we would be having this discussion right now. GFW was a failed experiment from the minute Jarrett decided to start the company. So their plan for getting new fans to watch the same old product is the rebrand it again with a name that your current fan base will associate with a failed company. It's like when WWE restarted ECW. Their also the fact that it's the second rebranding this year for the company. They went From TNA Wrestling to IMPACT wrestling, that didn't work so they're trying again by changing it to GFW. What happens in a couple of months if the rebranding doesn't work and they get even lower ratings. Do they rebrand again to another newer name.

The fact is that you might have change the people in charge of the company but they still have the same mentally of trying to find a quick fix to get result. In the wrestling business that doesn't exist. WCW tried it multiple time in the late 90's and the went bankrupt. TNA/IMPACT/GFW will pretty much be in the same boat if they tried to that strategy. my best advice for them and that's what Jarrett should tell them as well is be patient, if the program is good on a regular base, fans will tune in. If the show is booked like last week impact on a regular bases, it won't matter what the name of the company is, fans won't watch the show.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:04 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Another thing I have to write about this, if you are rebranding and changing the company name, it might be a good thing to not use the tna logo at the beginning of the show. I'm just starting to watch tonight edition of impact and the first thing I saw, even before the recap of slammiversary, was the tna logo and that won't help the rebranding because if the plan for the new name is to make fans and advertisers forget about the tna brand, then having te tna logo be the first thing you see on tv won't help them forget about the tna brand.

Last edited by wrestlingmasters55 : 07-06-2017 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:06 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

Yeah, this rollout is not good. Which is funny, because Jarrett in recent interviews has used the "if you confuse them, you lose them" line to explain the 'excitement' around the rebrand in wanting to simplify and get back to the history of TNA as TNA: Impact Wrestling.

But this is already confusing. They're Global Force Wrestling: Impact Wrestling? Seriously? Or is it Global Force Wrestling: Impact Wrestling Presented by Anthem?

They ought to just call it Too Many Cooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.